What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BEGGINER GROWER

Runtz860

New to this site got referred to by a friend on snapchat to chime in on growing. Currently where Im located I can grow up to 12 plants in my household of 2 people so I need some advice on what to grab to start growing Im thinking about growing it indoors I was going to buy a already built hydroponic system but any suggestions are welcomed.

Vandenberg

420giveaway
Everybody was a beginner...

Everybody was a beginner...

When they started. :D duh, no shit.;) :)
Welcome to the ICMAG forums.
Have you grown anything before, vegetable garden, Cannabis?
Hydroponic has a bit of a learning curve involved, much more so than say an organic style garden with its relative simplicity of essentially just adding water, kinda. :)
What size area are you planning on using?
Indoor, outdoor?
Do you want to grow traditional photo-period plants or autoflower style plants? Recreational or Medical grow, relative to genetic selection you may want to make.
Are you in North America? (Product recommendation reasons)
The "ICMAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA" has a lot of diy ideas.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40637

I would encourage you to use the search function here, it can quickly become your best friend information retrieval wise, if you let it.

Vandenberg :)

Last edited:

sbeanonnamellow

Pick some good genetics with flavors and effects you'd like to experience. Theres a lot of reviews if you look around. Genetics are paramount.

Set them up for success and share your good intentions with the plants. You'll be rewarded.

You're going to need a light, nutrients, some ventilation, and a space that you can control the photoperied (the amount of daylight to night time) without any light leaking in from outside to disturb the natural rhythms of the plants. Since you're limited to 12 plants, you should at least look at the difference between regular and feminized seeds to see if one or the other appeal to you more.

Latest posts

Latest posts