What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

?? ?? ?? POSITIVITY thread ?? ?? ??

MedFaced

Something crazy happened today.

I saw a moth sitting on some seedlings i have growing on a bench so i cut it in half and was going to squish it but when i cut it in half i accidentally only cut it's head off.... the moth was about the size of a thumbnail, so i saw it's head just fall off and the body landed on the soil but was standing normally.
When i went to grab it to squish it, it moved away, and when i tried to grab it again it moved away again :redface:
I just left it there overnight and when i went to check it and squish it, it moved away again.... how is the thing still alive let alone knowing i'm going to pick it up, how does it sense without it's head?
It's hairs vibrate or something? Or it JUST KNOWS?? :biglaugh:

Small insects have very simple brain functions. The central nervous system will keep on keeping on without it for some time. Some roaches have been observed moving around almost like normal for up to a week without their heads. How’s that for some positivity. :D

M

member 505892

That sucks man. I'm like the hero of saving insects. I'm kind of Buddhist I guess but I'm Christian. I try to save shit instead of killing it or seeing it die. I save lives! Bugs count! Homeless guy don't be cutting bugs heads off man lol

I hear you DB, i am kind of the same, i feel some guilt about doing such things but then on the other hand where do we draw the line?? :redface:

I don't go out of my way to kill bugs (like i did when i was a child.... i was a little sadist sometimes) so i hope that earns me some points with 'the gods'. :)

St. Phatty

Some Crazy Man at the Gun Range is paying 6 cents each for 5.56 & 223 Brass.

Time to let go of a 1000+ pieces of brass.

Getting PAID to clean up the shop !

St. Phatty

Bear Creek Armory has the 20 inch barrel version of their 350 Legend upper in stock.

That's good, normally they only build the 16 inch uppers.