What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

last year Sensi Seeds was good?

title pretty much sums it's up. I was wondering if anyone knew about what year sensi started to go down hill. I have acquired some super skunk from 1999. hoping that maybe they were still working the original parents till that year. I know its cutting it close. any info is much appreciated.

Bud Jones

1999 in my opinion . I bought 5 k worth of beans and brought them back . Shiva Shanti , California Indica , Durban NL5hz Jack Herer .
I went back in 2003 and bought the same genetics , spent about half that and the majority were nothing like the original packs . The Durban was the worst .. 5 packs and it was hay .. Talk about being sad . I was young and didn’t have the inclination to breed them , I knew how to pollen chuck , it just never dawned on me that I wouldn’t have access to the same genetics . Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Sensi had afghani No 1 around 1999? this was the gear we called yellowbeard, smelt like plane glue/hash , massive stone over the next day, made you paranoid etc ,it sold for 4500 au a pound,:biggrin: dunno whats on offer these days but there was fire there....?

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Thank you Bud this is good info. I tried one pack via Real Gorilla Seed Co and they did not germinate, cardboard box said since 1985 iirc but I don't know what year the seeds were. The pack was discounted and I received a bunch of free seeds with my order, sensi also says it does not ship to the states on its website. Always good to have up to date information. Breeding is a challenge I'm sure even producing seed is an accomplishment some might say. When in doubt photographic evidence videos make great research material :)

rykus

I think it was 98 or 99 they lost a lot of moms and growing in the Netherlands so a lot of seeds were produced in other countries after they sold out of the older stock.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yes, around 1998 laws changed there and several busts followed, some mothers were lost and new selection is just different. so they started to sell seeds from different parents under same names. later 10 seeds pack instead of 15 seed packs for same price as 15 seeds pack. not cool seedbank in my book.

therevverend

Veteran
They never recovered from losing their mothers, along with several other Dutch companies. Combined with Marc Emery's troubles in Canada and the Swiss breeder busts by 2000 the quality of European and Dutch seeds had dropped considerably. Legitimate quality breeding shifted to the US with the start of the legal medical trade on the west coast. Spain became the European center of cannabis breeding. Amsterdam and Vancouver BC haven't recovered, the reputation and consistency have never been the same.

AstroTHC

Sensi seeds is where all started all what u buy today have sensi genetics in it.

Pollenchukers today say stories so they can sell the lamborghini cookie penis cakes....

Ben owner of sensi seeds have the best back ups of genetics in world so i dont think that genetics changed much. But like every seeds you need selection.

You just cant go wrong with sensi seeds....stil strongest high you can have from pack is Shiva Skunk and HP from sensi seeds.
Shiva skunk acrid chem skunk phenos blowes any og chem sour i have, when high starts u feel unplasent how strong it is....dont listen people who have 20 ''strains'' with one the same male.

AstroTHC

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is cut my friend found last year from new Nl5xhaze from sensi seeds it is 12 weeker and smells like Leather,incense and fruty grapey smell at back end. Like Nl5haze should smell. Taste the same with that orangey incense at exhale.

High have 3 stages
1. racy with lots of ideas,and pictures goes in your head with incrised heart rate if you sit on chair u can feel how you heart is pumping blood.
2. it is nice creative haze high that last long
3. after high fade away you can feel it all day some kind of tirednes and relaxed state of mind and body.

I’ve smoked a lot of Hazes in my day and this is one of the best for my brain. It really makes you go on deep mental trips followed by a kinda “dazed tiredness” after i can go to sleep with no problem.

The best hybrid high you can have !!!!

It is more to purple haze similar to A5 haze then C5....by smell and high.
More stoney haze no lemon and pine here just leather hashy incense with some fruty grape back smells.

Bud Jones

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

This is cut my friend found last year from new Nl5xhaze from sensi seeds it is 12 weeker and smells like Leather,incense and fruty grapey smell at back end. Like Nl5haze should smell. Taste the same with that orangey incense at exhale.

High have 3 stages
1. racy with lots of ideas,and pictures goes in your head with incrised heart rate if you sit on chair u can feel how you heart is pumping blood.
2. it is nice creative haze high that last long
3. after high fade away you can feel it all day some kind of tirednes and relaxed state of mind and body.

I’ve smoked a lot of Hazes in my day and this is one of the best for my brain. It really makes you go on deep mental trips followed by a kinda “dazed tiredness” after i can go to sleep with no problem.

The best hybrid high you can have !!!!

It is more to purple haze similar to A5 haze then C5....by smell and high.
More stoney haze no lemon and pine here just leather hashy incense with some fruty grape back smells.
Beautiful work ! I wonder if Sensi reworked it ? I was under the impression that they lost the original parental stock ? From what I’ve seen lately , the NL’s and the MLI and the Shiva Shanti have stayed the same .. Tthe Shiva Shanti I bought in the 2000’s was the only one close to old offerings . Shame Sensi can’t be transparent with what’s what as far as original genetics . Your pics have piqued my curiosity for sure ..:tiphat:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
A friend grew Hawaiian indica, Afghan #1, Maple leaf and Hashplant around 97 or 98. All were great. But I had very little quality weed experience to compare. Same friend ordered more a few years later. They did not come in breeders pack so we suspected he got ripped off when the weed sucked. Then about 2008 I grabbed Mothers finest and got 0 germination. Then a few more years I grew a pack of their Black domina and skunk #1 and both were very mediocre and had no keepers.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
yes can say current got it 3-4 years ago, germinated early 2019 and kept in veg up to 2020 feb 1

Bud Jones

A friend grew Hawaiian indica, Afghan #1, Maple leaf and Hashplant around 97 or 98. All were great. But I had very little quality weed experience to compare. Same friend ordered more a few years later. They did not come in breeders pack so we suspected he got ripped off when the weed sucked. Then about 2008 I grabbed Mothers finest and got 0 germination. Then a few more years I grew a pack of their Black domina and skunk #1 and both were very mediocre and had no keepers.
Ugh I know how that feels man .. I miss the glory days of Sensi . Mad props to these preservation guys keeping these gems around .

AstroTHC

What you grow?? how long you grow ??,maybe is your fault or fault by seed retailer ??

And every other pack insted of sensi have keepers. ???

NO pictures no nothing just bad words....that is why sensi seeds have bad reputation...did you ask your self em i good grower what mistakes i did ???

AstroTHC

They never recovered from losing their mothers, along with several other Dutch companies. Combined with Marc Emery's troubles in Canada and the Swiss breeder busts by 2000 the quality of European and Dutch seeds had dropped considerably. Legitimate quality breeding shifted to the US with the start of the legal medical trade on the west coast. Spain became the European center of cannabis breeding. Amsterdam and Vancouver BC haven't recovered, the reputation and consistency have never been the same.

Where are your evidence for this statement i know from first hand that Ben have the most secured back up for all of his mothers ????

I see that you are outdoor grower plants cant get good outdoor as indoors.
Sensi seeds are for indoors grow rooms mostly,so its your fault man. Sry first always look your self. :tiphat:

ramse

from an acquaintance who worked in the sector I was told that years ago with some batches of seeds they had various problems of varietal purity ... however I have a friend who always cultivates something of senses seeds in his grow room, and the results are very good.. I remember well the black domina a first-rate indica
published some of its growths on the growdiaries website
https://growdiaries.com/seedbank/sensi-seeds

AstroTHC

You dont have to like sensi they are pricey like mercedes but they are first,and creators of seeds business.

If you like to buy A5haze S1 or Bubba kush or what every you want i dont have problems with that but all this comes from sensi stock. So what is watered down i dont know. If sensi lose their stock but they are not. They can make new good planst just every other pollenchuker made with seeds they buy at sensi store before....
In every seeds you will have to find the one. If they are indica dom 20 regs are good if they sat dom you need at least 50 seeds to grow. Peace to all put some pictures and grows not some statemen without logic.

Latest posts

Latest posts