What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning in plain water under fluoros

gwfh1974

Great Read

Great Read

Hey there Caprichoso! :wave: Great read! :headbange We too use the plain water method for cloning. We have used powders and gels and just didn't get consistant results :mad: But hey what ever works right! :biglaugh: Keep up the great work here! :friends: :smoweed:

O

OHenry

Cap- Have you thought of dipping the ends in honey before putting them in the water. From what I've read and was told by xxxblue that unprocessed honey has excellent rooting hormone qualities. I used it with typical plug cloning methods and found it to completly eliminate any clone shock, yellowing, and I saw roots in a week and a half after application. I was just curious if you think the honey would make any difference. You've got me thinking and I might test it out myself! Great read CAP! A+ Later OH

G

I seen somewhere before of a guy doing it in his fishtank. I cut a few a week ago and put in mine to try, ...Hope the fish don't nibble on them, hehehe

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Well, I forgot...

Well, I forgot...

...to put this up last night to show you Caprischioso!

I had this really nice BMR male which I want some pollen from, but hes making me nervous at the grow,

so, I chopped him up and put all the branches in some water for a couple of hours!

then I wrapped them up in tissue around the stems and took em home, similar to these

I chose the best four branches and trimmed off what wasnt gonna ang over, and removed any bigger leaves!
theyre all like this...not as far along as urs wer, buit I hope it qwill keep em going til they drop it...and there is no way they can pollenate my grow when its a couple of miles away hahaha

now the whole lot is on my window(not at the front of the house facing the street , obviously!)

So, fingers crossed for a bit of pollen so i can make some F"'s huh!
thamnks to Caprischioso for doing this thread and showing this method off!
Nice one mate

G

That's excellent Harry! Is it working for you?

I'll finally be updating this thread since my last harvest. I've had a ton going on, including family in my house for a week, so the backlog of pics and posts on all the forums I belong too is impressive.

G

Well it looks like I havent posted update pics since the 14th of march, day 12. Well, the clones above are still sitting in their cups of water, coming up on day 55 now. The root systems are enormous on all of them except the biggest, which is about 3" long

From mar 28

R

Ronley

Caprichoso this is brillient
I have only once managed to clone a plant succsefully.
I alays did it with a rooting powder that is supposedly supposed to make the plant root in soil and grow into a healthy plant. But then they always died - (except for once.)
Eventually I got so frustrated with trying to clone that I just stopped trying.

Now I will try this water method... I Dont know why it never occured to me before to try it like this- Every other house plant that has the ability to clone I took a cutting and put it into a glass of water, but somehow I missed it with weed. I think it has to do with missing the obvious. I was so busy rooting with rooting powder, and repotting and nutrients and what ever that a simple glass of water evaded me.

Thankyou for drawing mine and others attention to the simple excellent methods of life...

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Same here ronley....m garn has rooted uttings off things shes seen in gardens when shes been out and about for years!...

Cap, illtrake a pic for you. they dropped a tiny bit so far, ...only 1 flower dropped anything yet..but they werent ready really, they are still developing though, i see difference in them every day! hopefully i'll have some for at least some F2's huh. Fingers crossed mate!
your clones look fab, the roots on a couple are amazing mate!

G

Very informative thread!

What kind of light and how far away from clones do you all keep it?

G

Hey SB, glad you think so!

Hmmmm, it seems I didn't include that pic, let me find it. The clones root under the mother light, about 3' under a 6000 lumen bent tube fluoro. The equivalent would be a 20 watt light about 18" - 24" over the cuttings.

G

Yes, it would. But it wouldn't be simple then, either, would it?

A better question is, why do you feel the need to root your clones as fast as possible? What does it gain you?

G

Thanks a ton Caprichoso! From your explaination, it makes sense that the lights would need to be not very intense. I have a T-12 shop light with 2 40W bulbs that I'll try keeping ~2' away from the clones. I've never cloned before, will give this method a try soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts