What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mothers Finest?

Grunt

Hey all, who can cue me on Mothers Finest? It sounds really excellant. I'm gettin' ready to order it depending on what kind of feedback I get. Just ordered Alpha Diesel and now it's time for the other kinda weed. I've searched but just didn't find much. Thanx Grunt

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
I have seen many people recently say that Sensi's gear has gone downhill in the past few years.........

that said, the beans I have from six or seven years ago produced an extremely high quality product. Soaring, I'll go as far as to say almost speedy high. my first bong rip of the afternoon often heats up my face as well.

If anybody remembers Moonshine Man or Medicine mans write up on Overgrow many years back----he was going crazy, kinda off the reservation type of thing talking about the Illuminati and all that, he would not let go of the Mothers Finest....

premature, 60 days

same girl that bud came from

peace
jip

Last edited:
I too am really curious about this strain.....haven't heard a bad thing about it......how were your yields???? Flower Times????

Grunt

Sounds like as close as you can get to drugs without being drugs. 50 to 70 days is a big harvest window. I would imagine the indy pheno would be the 50 and the sat pheno the 70. I guess I had better do some research on the germ rate deal . Thanx for the pix and the info.

Last edited:

toca

50 to 70 days is a big harvest window
I've never seen a MF done in 50 days....and I've certainly seen a few go way over 70 days!

The right pheno is rocket fuel. I've come across 3 phenos...
There's an Indica type pheno, quite a large plant but easily managed, it's done around 8/9 weeks. Strong smoke.
A Hazy pheno that can go on a bit...14+ weeks. Very peppery hazy smoke, nice but it's a bugger to control in a small space.
Then there's the right pheno! I believe this leans towards the juicy fruit parent (Thai?). It's done around 10 weeks and is some of the finest sativa smoke I've had. Truly glorious tropical fruit flavoured potent shit! All shall kneel before her!

P

perakko

i've grown one cut of mothers finest. i'd say it was close to being a haze pheno i took her to 11-12 weeks, guess she could´ve had a week more.

it was pretty decent smoke but really asked for a good cure after harvest, couple a months in a jar and the smoke was already much better. the yield was average for a sativadom.

taste was spicey/peppery, hazelike, but not straight up, not the most pleasant aspect of the plant.

it's nice sativadom of decent uplifting smoke. im not running her anymore 'cause of the longish floweringtime for that kinda smoke and the taste department wasn't the best... i'm sure if you'd get a whole pack to germinate, you'd have some interesting plants.

few pics

Pig-Pen

johnipedestran said:
I have seen many people recently say that Sensi's gear has gone downhill in the past few years.........

that said, the beans I have from six or seven years ago produced an extremely high quality product. Soaring, I'll go as far as to say almost speedy high. my first bong rip of the afternoon often heats up my face as well.

If anybody remembers Moonshine Man or Medicine mans write up on Overgrow many years back----he was going crazy, kinda off the reservation type of thing talking about the Illuminati and all that, he would not let go of the Mothers Finest....

premature, 60 days

same girl that bud came from

peace
jip

I never grew any but I did actually smoke a good bit of Medicine Man's (back in the day, obviously). I had at least a couple different phenos of it and they were all amazing.

It's a long-winded strain as it has a heavy Haze influence. 10-13 weeks IIRC, pheno-dependant, of course. I remember MM saying he was surprised by how well it yielded overall, especially for a mostly Sativa/Haze thing. But then again, it takes a long time to finish. Expect a good bit of variation.

I remember the buds being very sticky ( everything that came from MM was ooey-gooey, LOL) and stinky, a definite Jack Herer, Hazy, spicy thing. And the high, as I recall, was very strong and very heady and could induce strong "sativa tweak".

It was a stand-out, for sure.

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
one of my favorite strains... i had to phenos. one was shorter and sort of bland, but still kickass and a tall one identical to johnupedestran's. bomb shit that gave me and my circle a rib aching case of the giggles over and again. i was i had the whole cloning thing down back then.

it sucks to hear that the sensi stock had dilapidated quality now. i was hoping to run that MF again. definitely one of the more potent smokes i have had.

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
Yes i do not want to pass along incorrect information. I have no first hand experience with Sensi's seeds since this order from 2001/2002.

On a positive note, when the photos I showed above were from a current grow. I had six beans left from that pack, and for old beans stored at room temp, getting the beauty I got is pretty damn good.

I also got a Skunk stinky male MF, that I have crossed with a lifesaver lady. I 200+ seeds from that and will start working them soon. I have kept the male alive in the case that I want his pollen again.

peace
jip

Grunt

emailed and recieved a response from Gypsy @the Boo. He said he had recently germed a pack and found no problem with the germ rate. I'm gettin' some! Thanx all

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MF cut grown under a skylight :D

P1293008.jpg

Grunt

Raco, nice job! It even looks heavy. Very interesting too. Kinda looks like a basic house plant in that designer pot and the hardwood floors.lol What kind of glass was used and how high is it?

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grunt said:
What kind of glass was used and how high is it?

here´s the girl in early flowering :D
I kept this MF for 6 years!! I don´t have her in my garden now,I trusted the cuts to good friends ...I got a bit tired after so many years..but she´s potent for sure :D

P1072823.jpg

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
keep on rocking raco! you are one of the mothers finest for shure!

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
esben...lol!! :muahaha:

The cut was grown in a 25 liters pot,very little fert :D
She wasn´t ready yet :
P1293007.jpg

Grunt

Must've been really special to keep her for 6 long yrs.! Is the glass tinted or is it a night shot? It kinda looks like you live in an A frame and this is the loft. So you kept it kinda short huh? Is that from flowering it just after rooting?

Grunt

Thanks everyone for the great sounding and looking replies. I pondered a couple of other strains and finally decided to order the beans at the Boo and they were GONE. Snoozin will have ya loozin'.

Last edited: