What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I suck at cloning. That's not a question but this is

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I used to suck at cloning too. Huge game changer for me was Clone King type of cloning system on amazon, I will never clone other way. It's dumb proof, water only, no dome, roots in 10-14 days. Put a cucumeris slow release sachet on it and you are golden, perfect clones every time.

They generally stay lush green until they root!
I am about to bite the bullet and buy a small cloner at the local hydro shop. I will persevere. What is cucumeris? I don't know that one.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Hahah, Ive lost you agent potead to the clone machines. I will persevere and treck forward alone down the road of jiffy and rockwell cloning.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hahah, Ive lost you agent potead to the clone machines. I will persevere and treck forward alone down the road of jiffy and rockwell cloning.
Sorry bro :D At this point I am trying everything possible. If they still won't root in this thing, I just think The Animal doesn't want to be cloned, which is a shame. I still have 3 cuttings in tap water with a drop of superthrive going too. I have been changing the water ever 3 days, but nothing.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Sorry bro :D At this point I am trying everything possible. If they still won't root in this thing, I just think The Animal doesn't want to be cloned, which is a shame. I still have 3 cuttings in tap water with a drop of superthrive going too. I have been changing the water ever 3 days, but nothing.

Just curious. What strain is that you are having trouble with?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Just curious. What strain is that you are having trouble with?
It's called The Animal from Dutch Girl Seeds out of Colorado. It is supposed to be a cross between Ghost Train Haze and Jabberwocky with a 56-70 day flower time. Oh and Dutch Girl Seeds is owned by CannaPunch. That is the extent of the information I could dig up on it.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Add bleach to the water, the wide leaf cuttings I do
will root without it, but stubby root nubs that take
longer to establish in medium, coco.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I got an East Coast Sour Diesel that does not want to clone. Got it from a buddy in Mass too. It wasn't in such great health when I got it but it's doing better. Latest try in one week so far. Nothing yet. This time through cleaning again, Let the water de-chlorinate, Fresh bottle of Clonex, fingers crossed.

Good luck with the clones, I just had similar problems and it took me 3 weeks to get roots. Set my veg room back quite a bit. Just happy I didn’t lose the cut but it took forever. I’ve tried rock wool and straight coco and don’t seem to be very good at either so I’m going to keep an eye on your cloner if you go that route.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Good luck with the clones, I just had similar problems and it took me 3 weeks to get roots. Set my veg room back quite a bit. Just happy I didn’t lose the cut but it took forever. I’ve tried rock wool and straight coco and don’t seem to be very good at either so I’m going to keep an eye on your cloner if you go that route.
Thanks bro! I'll check back once I see some roots or the whole thing fucks itself :D Try to grab some photos too.

Joint Lock

Hey ya'll is it possible to over water clones? I cut 4 clones a week and a half ago now and 1 died off within 2 days. The other 3 still are green and look like cuttings, look healthy, I swear one of them is even taller. But no roots at all on them yet. I took them cleanly, dipped in water immediately, then rooting hormone, then into the root riot planting cubes, then into a propagation dome with an attached thermometer/hygrometer. Temperature is in the 70-80's, mostly hovering around 75. Humidity I'm not sure the meter actually doesn't say which makes me think I over did it. Is it possible to over water these clones? I just added like 8 more cuttings 3 days ago and have been trying to keep it humid for them by spraying every day. Am I over doing it and stunting their root growth? At this point I feel like I should just bite the bullet and make an aerocloner, people seem to get awesome results with them on here. Thanks for reading this wall o text.:tiphat:

Cloning : Rockwool/Dome 101

24/0 Light small LED or Floro

Soak Rockwool cubes (2 x 2in) in PH 5.0 water (Soak 12hrs)
This will bring cubes down to 6.0 PH

Take a bloom or high phosphorous fert .

Add few drops/tiny pinch of bloom to a spray bottle with water
This will be your spray (This will keep them healthy and green and help root them faster)

Take cuts , Dip the cut in a cup of water where u cut it from the donor Make another cut while submersed (No air pocket)

After this skin the stem a inch or two where the roots will appear

Dip into favorite rooting hormone powder/gel.

Place into rockwool cube
(Push cube up against the stem so its snug)

The secret is to keep the cubes damp not soaked

Keep vents closed if dome has vents for first 3 days
Slowly open them little by little after day 3

Mist clones 1x a day with (bloom spray above) . Make sure cubes are not sitting in puddles

To prevent this i just pull out each clone from the dome give a few sprays. Condensation is fine on the dome

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Which one did you get?
Just the cheapest cloner they had which turned out to be a 50$ deep water culture setup. 24 sites, the basin, a pump. I am going to be adding another pump and some airstones when they arrive tomorrow. I know the air temp is slightly low, but the water temperature is 77F. I have a warming pad under the basin and the temperature sensor just under the waterline. It's 2 gallons with 45ml of Dyna Gro KLN. Hopefully, fingers crossed, when I check back in on these next week they will be rooting. Everything is in my smaller tent with a 24watt at the wall seedling LED light.

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
is the root zone area transparent? don't they need darkness in the root zone? looks good though, easy enough to duct tape the bottom part. maybe it doesn't even matter, i really have no experience with those cloning systems. whats the dial for? water temps and? i suppose you have an aeration system in the water? best of luck, when they work i see these systems do very well and fast

S

sourpuss

Didn't read the whole thread. Looks like u gave up on the dome and root riots? Those dwc work great. I dunno about the warming pad being a good thing or not. Maybe only if the environment is on the cold side. I'd think the warming pad with dwc is a bad thing.. I used a similar setup before learning the rockwood and dome method. For ease the bubble is the way to go. For numbers the rw and dome is the way to go.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
@Gaius The bottom is solid black plastic, that light and the reflective tent makes it look wacky. I tried to white balance the photo and I just got this horrible stippled effect across the whole thing. I am not sure what dial you are talking about gaius? There is a pump in there but it has no attachments so it blows aerated water down the middle, but not the sides. Biggest complaint I saw with this cloner was that pump issue, it worked quite well for any plants in the middle but not on the sides. That's why I clustered everything in the middle two rows for now and I purchased another pump I will use in here when I'm not aerating tea.
@sourpuss Yeah I didn't have any luck with the root riots, I got 1 that started a nub, but it never actually rooted. Our night time indoor temperature here is dropping to around 66F, I was told to keep the plants warmer than that so I put the warming pad under the basin. This whole thing a learning experience. I'm hoping in a year I can look back at this and laugh :D

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I tried to cut off most of them except the last set of leaves. And any that seemed "large" I was snipping the ends of the leaves off. The really tall one on the left I cut at the wrong node and was just like eff it, I'll see if it works.

Latest posts

Latest posts