What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Akss

Looks like we got a heat wave coming tomorrow then back down in the freeze box for a couple days...still probably speedo weather for itchy but I'll be tucked in by the pellet stove...
Screenshot_20220108-131238~2.png

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice crisp 14 degrees here with sun. Wind is gusty and blowing around the light fluffy snow that fell last night.

Unc have you ever done much riding in snow? Alaska?

i guess,we rode our regular old mountain bikes with homemade ice spikes in alaska,and i commuted by bike in colorado...but no,not really....we don't have winter here for the most part...but sand is just warm,dry snow after all!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
If I am working hard a tee shirt and a light hat at 25 is good. No hat when in the thirties.

It usually does not get real cold here until the lake freezes. Then it can get down around zero. Otherwise the big lake keeps the temp in the twenties to thirties during the winter.

But the down side is when a frigid cold front moves in we get a butt ton of snow.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
^^^ It’s fucking freezing outside and it’s cozy inside…I bundled up a little to much And broke a sweat despite the low digit single temperatures out except for fingers and toes which freeze no matter what

Haha. Warmer here than there. I woke up to 19 degrees.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We’re going to him down to -2 in a few days …that’s when it hurts to breathe

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers....provided i get everything done today there's a ride tomorrow...the route has a couple sections of ultra fine grain sand on it,it's like riding through confectioners sugar,no resistance to compression at all,just traction free nonsense...one section is downhill so lots of hanging on and hoping for the best...the whole route is a tad over 100 miles but i won't be riding the whole thing....two long but not very steep climbs in the first 30 miles....last time i tried it i made 70-ish miles,and i was pretty cracked after that...

best get moving,lots to do today...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So the local Boy Scout troop is having a chicken barbecue today I could smell in the air when I was outside earlier walking my dog in just a few minutes all that salivating will come to fruition .. I’m so hungry!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant:managed to screw around just enough that there's not enough time to deal with harvesting and resetting the room today...but just enough time to get a bike ready to ride tomorrow!

IMG_20220108_143815477.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:bongsmi: time to get high...gotta get up early tomorrow...5am to be ready to go by 7:15....figure i will do like 40-50 miles of the route tomorrow,it's easy to hop off and ride home after the first 30 miles

Montuno

...como el Son...
It’s cold but we only got a few inches

Hoy en Valencia (un grado más al norte que yo, 39'5°N, pero en la costa) 53'6 °F de mínima nocturna, y 75 °F de máxima diurna a la sombra.

Today in Valencia city (one degree further north than me, 39'5°N, but on the coast) 53'6 °F overnight low, and 75 °F daytime high in the shade.

Latest posts

Latest posts