What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

theJointedOne

Veteran
Anyone know what the Agri-grow Ultra is?

I see it on the price list but not any info on the product description pdf from the aea growbetterfood site.

Thanks

After talking to a few of you, im planning on doing foliage sprays up to 10 days before harvest. Any certain products I should avoid later on during flower production? The recipe is Photomag, C, and P. I was thinking of adding the Sea Shield and Rejuvinate into the mix as well..any reason those two shouldn't be added to the foliage mix?, so far they are only in the soil drench recipe..

thanks again!

C

CaliGabe

For the record Build a Soil treats me right period. I highly recommend them.
Recommend them for what? Bulk soil in the Denver area? I saw his IPM program lol. He's still getting a clue. Most of the peeps he's been dealing with along the lines of the growers in the Organic Soil forum section here and tunnel vision to say the least. Well 2C's experience is different than yours. Sorry I recommended 2C look at BAS as I was looking at shipping rates for soil out of Cali, and Full Circle Compost in Minden NV, and crunched the numbers. That's the way it goes. Hopefully 2C gets a small soil op going to provide a quality mix in bulk instead of the BAS crap he got. Main reason for my BAS comment is why would anybody in their right mind have BAS do soil tests when early this year Jeremy at BAS was clueless about all of that? He's not even doing the tests and subcontracting them out. I did like Jeremy though and thought his intentions were/are good even though he's on a steep learning curve regarding what quality soil is. Glad you've been helping him cause he needs it badly.

As for Sea-Crop...it's soooo much more than simply a low sodium chloride seawater concentrate. It's basically along the lines of Rene Quinton's Sea Plasma which focused on collecting seawater from active phytoplankton blooms. Seawater has a few times more the biological activity than the same volume of soil. Part of the reason Sea-Crop rocks is the concentrated exudates.

5ml/gal of Sea-Crop once a week with a full on AEA program seems to be safe.

FatherEarth

Veteran
yea foliar up to the week of harvest im told... dont let the dhp smell scare ya. never seen plants so happy before this. it made my favorite cannabis smell better than ever and i havent even smelled it mature with a cure yet. the thickest and best budset ive seen yet. Some cultivars Ive only seen buds this large outdoors. Thick rope like pistils make the buds look like a room of white haired ol ladies.
I think Im goint to attend a Kempf lecture/conference... I would like to meet John and shake his hand and tell him thanks for his hard work. Im most grateful to have the tools in my hands to maintain the health of my family as well as my own. Good vibes and nutritious living, blazing a well tailored doobie to that!

Blessings Abound,

FE

C

CaliGabe

yea foliar up to the week of harvest im told.
I thought with Sea-Shield it was like foliar 10-14 days before harvest and all good? Maybe splitting hairs a bit yet after a foliar the garden smells like low tide. PHT P definitely leaves a residue.

C

CaliGabe

Foliar or soil drench? Also, do you believe this will raise salinity levels in your soil?
Foliar. Peeps probably picking up more 'salts' from the compost they're using, probably more from the manures though.

This will give you a bit of a glimpse regarding sea biology:
http://www.grindtv dot com/outdoor/nature/post/sea-plankton-discovered-outside-space-station/

You start to look at how micro-organisms can live in a solution of 3.5% sodium chloride and you get into the internal bipolar, might be dipolar as I've lost track a bit, charge to keep the NaCl out. Then you have marine viri infecting marine bacteria which then produce chlorophyll.

Sea-Crop rocks. It's part of Kempf's 'special sauce' then there's the aspect that Kempf only mixes certain products at certain times of the day then with some blends it's a certain amount of rotations one way when mixing then an equal amount of rotations the other way. Not typical NPK science :biggrin:

It all comes down to energy.

Last edited:

milkyjoe

Veteran
yea foliar up to the week of harvest im told... dont let the dhp smell scare ya. never seen plants so happy before this. it made my favorite cannabis smell better than ever and i havent even smelled it mature with a cure yet. the thickest and best budset ive seen yet. Some cultivars Ive only seen buds this large outdoors. Thick rope like pistils make the buds look like a room of white haired ol ladies.
I think Im goint to attend a Kempf lecture/conference... I would like to meet John and shake his hand and tell him thanks for his hard work. Im most grateful to have the tools in my hands to maintain the health of my family as well as my own. Good vibes and nutritious living, blazing a well tailored doobie to that!

Blessings Abound,

FE

Go to the sap analysis in socal. That will be some amazing info

milkyjoe

Veteran
Hey Luther...just a thought but for cloning instead of ksil you might wanna give sea shield at 1 oz per gallon a shot. Combine that with an oz of rejuv and you may have a nice combo. Chitason, kelp (with cytokinins and mannitol) and sea salt. Ought to build some fungal resistance right from the get go.

Then once they root dip the cube in mycogenesis (infect the roots as they go into the soi) and maybe some pht-p so the roots have ca and p to get em going.

Just a thought.

milkyjoe

Veteran
You know the answer to that. The sea shield might help if damping off is an occasional prob.

Now all I gotta do is pull the trigger on those plugs you like

Edit...the biological advantage might be a rather genius cloning soln when you think about it...maybe minus product m

Last edited:

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
You should get those plugs and try them out , they're the best thing I've come across other than just using good potting soil and perlite 50/50 ... Just make sure that when you plant them you completely bury the plug.

They're designed to compost away, I've ran in to problems when only part of the plug decomposes and some is left above the soil line.

Again, I like the 40/80 size. I pay about 100 for 800 of them.

I'm going to need to learn how to clone outdoors ,

I'm thinking shade cloth hoop house inside the veg green house with the cuts in 4" square pots with potting soil/perlite @ 50/50 with misters inside the shade hoop on a timer constantly keeping the humidity up decreasing the mist interval as they harden off and root...

This is how I saw it done by the people growing the Medical marijuana program for the Israeli government and it seemed extremely effective. The climates are pretty similar

FatherEarth

Veteran
Yea those plugs are the best around. Byf certainly +2 up'd my cloning game some years back with that... So yep, BD he has had a few of those...
You don't worry about the sea shield causing a microbial problem before you have established roots? Foliar fine but watering with it makes me hesitant. Are you rooting clones faster than 7 days using the above mentioned strategy ?

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I don't soak the plugs with Sea Shield I do Rejuv and Spectrum and foliar with Sea Shield , PHT-P , PhotoMag after 3 days , roots usually 2-4 days later ,

Similar in speed to doing it with out , but the quality of roots and amount of roots look like 14 days in the tray at 7 days

Also after the tray roots out I mix up MycoGenesis , BioGenesis , Spectrum , Rejuv and dip the tray in that water to infect everything big time.

Your milage may vary , but it's been working great for me ...

I am trying to get away from doing things inside... iHort makes a 3x3 plug that as an alternative to doing the 4x4 pots with 50/50 soil and perlite I was thinking about sinking in a perlite bed with misters over the top and flooding the bed once a day, we'll see...There probably will be a few trials before I dial in a dummy proof method I can scale up

Latest posts

Latest posts