What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

using Nitrozime during flowering period

G

Hey guys, I use nitrozime for clones, it works great but since it is 0-4-4, I was thinking of using it as a foliar spray on flowering plants. . . Has anyone used it for this specific purpose, or used it for flowering at all?

gunnaknow

Yes Canna, kelp extracts such as Nitrozyme are used in combination with anti-gibberellin products such as Bush Master during flowering. Kelp extract is also contained in a product called Gravity, which is used midway through flowering.

Last edited:

little-soldier

Some people claim that kelp should not be used in late flowering because it could stretch your plants so I wouldnt recomend using it after half way through the blooming process

G

YES< Nitrozyme

YES< Nitrozyme

This is one of the best products out there. I spend da $ and pour it in at 10ml/gal once a week, throughout. I would not cut this out of my regimen, even though I smell Molasses in there, and I may be paying a lot for a household product.

Adds sweetness, juiciness, and general health.

Have heard it said that a product like Hydroguard (B. Subtillis) will kill the beneficial microbes in Nitrozyme, so one would simply need to "re-innoculate," after using B. Sub....

Have seen no stretch, or anything to indicate it is anything but 100% helping the organism to kick ass.

Last edited:
G

hydroguard does not kill beneficial bennies. SM-90 does.

Nitrozime is not a molasses based product. It's a super strong kelp product with tons of auxins. I don't recommend to use it after week 4 or 5 of flower...but hey...if you're gettin results...go for it.

Cheers,
SH

G

I was thinking of using it as a foliar spray on flowering plants
Unless it's the first two weeks of flowering forget it. You really need to be using it through veg and soon after you flip and that's it.

grandmesajoker

Nitrozime seemed a little expensive to me.

Do any of you know the concentrate % of kelp in nitrozime?

I picked up some cheaper stuff, Growmore Seaweed Extract, its also 100% organic and about 13 bucks cheaper for twice the size bottle!

G

Do any of you know the concentrate % of kelp in nitrozime?
Nope...but am sure there are similar products for less dinero. The thing you have to keep in mind about the extraction process is depending on how you do it will affect the final product...meaning all extracts are not the same and you can concentrate certain compounds or others. Not saying Nitrozyme is unique in some way but just for conversation.

G

Nitrozime is not just a kelp product. The stuff is great at creating new shoots and root development. You only need to use a little of nitrozime at a time. You can go ahead and add your kelp product on top of the nitrozime. Regular kelp doesn't do the magic nitrozime does.

Try this on just one of your plants(be sure to label it). When the flowers start to appear nicely around week 3...foliar spray that plant with nitrozime. About a 1/4 tsp per litre of water. Then spray that same plant once a week for the next two weeks. Then no more nitrozime. See if you notice a difference at harvest time. This experiment will only work with clones to get a true idea of nitrozime's ability.

Cheers,
SH

Last edited:
G

that is the big question... Why should I (Or, Can I..?) cut it out at week four or five of flowering....? It sure is expensive as another poster said....

In the effort of trying to dial in all nutes and supplements/additives, I do not want to pour things I do not need to.

But, I do get results... Yes, the deal may be that I will get the same results if I cut it out... I'd love that.

TEST BEGINS, I have some Bubba Kush clones in week 5. Two phenos, labeled.... I will mark a couple and not continue to pour 10 ml/gal once a week into their water.... I will see what the diff is...

Stay cool all o' yahz - Summer in full effect

420cali

yo you should folair feed thats shit...mix with diamond nector and a little penetrator and its like liquid crystals

Rondon

Wow. Not many know what they are talking about with Nitrozime. Old post but Nitrozime (HDI - USA) and Nitrozyme (Growth Tecbology - Europe and Aus) arw the same thing. Sister companies actually. And its a kelp extract using Kelp from a major manufacturer (there are only a few). Its processed with emphasis on the hormone Cytokinin. It is loaded with it. It has NO molasses nor microbes in it. It is suggested (highly) to je used as a foliar spray every 5 to 7 days in veg and early flowering. More foliar spraying throughout the week is not better. Mix it at 1 tsp per quart spray bottle and use a quality humic/fulvic acid with it. I like BioAg Fulpower or HDI Europonic Fossil Fuel at one to two tsp per quart spray bottle. Add a little bit of yucca saponin wetting agent to really make the juice soak in the leaves (i like humboldt Sticky). Dont adjust pH or anything. Just use tap water if its not too hard. Spray the shit outta them weekly. Especially young rooted cuttings and seedlings about to take off. Top tie down and train your plant accordingly all through veg also. This foliar spray is by far the best additive ive ever used. It makes a short bushy compact plant with massive roots. ..super thick branches (better than a silicate) and soon to be flowering nodes everywhere. It is my go to supplement and has increased my yields since using it. Its been out for decades. Old brand from the earlier days of indoor hydroponic gardening. Its kinda pricey. But i like the convenience and am willing to pay for it. A little lasts a long time. Again....use it as a foliar. Its what its designed for. It doesnot contain nitrogen but the way it works is it will make the nitrogen in your base nutrient much more effective. Plus the micronitrients especially iron with the added humic/fulvic acid. And the hormones. Its all i use with a base nutrient like Canna Coco...Cocotek..Gh 6\9...House and Garden...Botanicare...Ionic...etc. You dont need any other additive. But i do use a silicate (Protekt or Europonic Silicate - the stongest ones out there). Basically it amps up whatever stage your plant is in. Roots...leaves...branching...flowering nodes...all of it. Word in the industry was that Nitrozime was what Van de Zwann (House and Garden) was trying to improbe upon when he made up Roots Excel. The folks at HDI/Growth Technology (Giles Gunstone , Dr. Carl Barry, and Harley Smith) have been around since the early days of this industry. And know what the hell thay are doing. Dr. Carl Barry made the one part Ionic nutrient with no precipitation from calcium and sulphur and made everyone in the industry scratch tbier heads back then. Most still dont know how to do it rite. Dynagro was first but it will still precipitate if left on a shelf long enough. Botanicare CNS17 (Suntec - Dr Lynette Morgan...Australia) was an attempt at making something like Ionic and its more of a sugar based suspension mix than a true solution to get around precipitation. And General Hydroponics with Dr. Cal Hermann and Larry Brooke came up with Flora Nova. And they have to use a thick goopy seaweed type base to keep calcium and sulphur playing nice together.Full profile one parts are hard to get right. And Growth Technology/HDI arw very underrated in the hydroponic nutrient game. Alot.of the products they developed have been copied or attempted to copy. Clonex...Ionic....Nitrozime...quite a few.

Latest posts

Latest posts