What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to make a grow room out of my closet?

kinesis

I have a standard size closet in my room.

I cant just run a light in there w/o some sort of ventilation,it gets REALLY hot i already tried it at my last place and the plants werent growing very fast due to the temps not being optimum. hydro resevoir temp has to be 67 degrees or so and I cannot maintain that with it being a sweltering oven. also i need to cover odors because i live with a landlord.

How can i convert my closet into a grow space w/o having to damage any of the structure (cut holes in anything) I am aware i need ventilation and odor control but i need an airtight space to do this don't i??

I think the only thing I can do is build a small cab and put it inside my closet... i have no choice right?

kinesis

california state law says you need to give 24h notice to give inspection. and hes not rly a landlord just leasing the place, im indispensable as a room mate to him, what he wont knjow wont hurt him... thats why im trying to do this right, odor control, proper ventilation, etc and it's basically 'out of sight out of mind' to him. even if he found out i would sensibly explain i am acting within the law and point out the fact he never knew till i slipped and also try my best to curb his phobias if any.

also, im a med patient. key word here is indispensable, if there is guilt in removing a good room mate i dont think he would do it, he has a conscience... its a harmless herb after all and if i exercize proper odor controls like i said it will be invisible

Last edited:
G

I have had much fun with one of my prevouse landlords that didn't like my mmj. I won, in court and was allowed to stay, but trust me i wasn't wanting to, and moved anyways (i was more just mad at the B.....). Don't you think your landlord will, smell you, or have you notified him?

Last edited:

kinesis

i was thinkin of going small, like 1 foot plants done 12/12 from veg... that way the smell isnt too overpowering and maybe a ozone + pinesol + scrubber ...

is it not possible to completely hide the smell of 6 plants?

G

fuck the landlord you are buying his property month by month for him...do what you want at least...or buy your own home

kinesis

I have had much fun with one of my prevouse landlord that didn't like my mmj. I won, in court and was allowed to stay, but trust me i wasn't wanting to. Don't you think your landlord will, smell you or have you notified him?

interesting, so by law, he cant complain to the courts that your medical cannabis plants are a nuisance???
fuck the landlord you are buying his property month by month for him...do what you want at least...or buy your own home

well its technically not a landlord, its a leaser, im renting a room from him.. he answers to the LL .. but in legal terms even a leaser is given the title 'landlord' ive studied tenant law for awhile.. the thing im amazed as is the quote on top where someone won in court ... apparently they cant consider your med plants a nuisance???

Last edited:
G

i have a neighbor from India that cooks the most death stench food i have ever smelled...can i complain and if i do will it do any good...no......thats there business i just shut my door...knowing that im doing what i want to do in the dwelling i pay out the ass for and so are they...simple...respect
kinesis said:
interesting, so by law, he cant complain to the courts that your medical cannabis plants are a nuisance???

well its technically not a landlord, its a leaser, im renting a room from him.. he answers to the LL .. but in legal terms even a leaser is given the title 'landlord' ive studied tenant law for awhile.. the thing im amazed as is the quote on top where someone won in court ... apparently they cant consider your med plants a nuisance???

Last edited:

kinesis

more on the subject so i can just take down one of the door and prefabricate a door i can destroy? like cut vent holes into and run ducting? i dont like this idea. i think it will make my leaselord trip... i think im gonna just build a smaller cab and inclose it into my closet, then run ducting thru that

G

i think you need to get your own dwelling to grow cannabis....if you think he wont smell it when you harvest...your wrong he is in the other fucking room
kinesis said:
more on the subject so i can just take down one of the door and prefabricate a door i can destroy? like cut vent holes into and run ducting? i dont like this idea. i think it will make my leaselord trip... i think im gonna just build a smaller cab and inclose it into my closet, then run ducting thru that

Last edited:

Barf

I grew some AK-47 a few years ago in my parents house and they stunk up my room... in vegetation state good luck with him not noticing.

G

i dont know anything is possible...maybee your fucking Houdini and can make the stench of dank completely disappear from your room and hands and cloths

kinesis

well theres a downstairs room available thats pretty isolated, its a bit smaller (thats why i chose upstairs) maybe ill move my shit there... that way itll be harder to detect

G

i personally would respect the man and tell him my situation and see how he feels about it..after all you are just renting a room in his home...

Last edited:

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Growing plants smell, doesn't matter what strain. They smell in veg and smell in bloom. My little clones smell up my garden good with that unmistakable smell.

A friend had 5-6 little one foot plants (LUI), no odour control and they stunk the house out. I slept overnight in the same room as the cab and the next day when I unpacked my sleeping bag at home my wife could smell the stank.

I know you said you will do odour control but it doesn't work when the cab door is open, when you trim that bud, watering, transplanting, etc etc etc.

Better make sure he is cool with the grow. I would....

kinesis

thanks for the advice, so its not something you can hide from people living in the same house... no matter what.. and yea i dont think i can be houdini.,.. thats hard shit

kinesis

what bothers me though is that im a med patient and this is my right, and i do pay for the room...
but on a technicality cannabis plants DO stink and can be considered a nuisance and the cops in my area have a reputation of not honoring 215...

i have a feeling his christian/religions beliefs will intefere. i dont even really wana bring the subject up around him. he's kind of the neocon type... anyways ive made it my goal to get the fuck out of so cal, too many conservative/religious fanatics here... family oriented... ignorant... narrowmind, etc... the mentality down here sucks.. i am gonna try to save $ and just move to norcal where i dont have to hide shit people are tolerant of it

Last edited: