What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi skunk, bigbud and white rhino sog/scrog.

thc43

Veteran
black rain funny that you ask bigbud is a slow cloner atleast 10days while the rhino can root in 6 to 7 days, but once rooted she catches and over takes all but mazar that ive grown. Lets see how long they take this round so far looking good.

Heres a couple of clones i took the other day white rhinos and bigbuds from my old mums.

bigbid1 and rhino flowering today, in the back clones from my old mums slightly bigger with a few more days veg. :woohoo:

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
Sensi skunk have been flowering for 9 weeks now :yummy:

Sog 19 days into flower

2nd/3rd day of flower bigbud white rhino clones.

Bigbud

White rhino

:lurk:

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
hey guys.

Not much to update the grow is running smoothly, feeds have settled or peaked or just about to, skunks now flushing/ maturing well. :lurk:

Today i took a trip out to the country( :chin: only 2 hour drive) to visit my granny and to borrow a few of her older cacti cuttings after loosing my garden last winter when afence fell down on top of 10year + old mixed cacti garden some where saved but mostly lost taking 3 weeks to move the fence.

Im not really clued up on cacti growing but there easy to grow/ propergate and make use of all my old pots and NFT trays and for some reason are the only plants my dog doesnt chew up..

Quick up date on the outside plants/ clones, at the same age as the indoor 8 plant sog these are alot smaller but at a simular stage of flowering but they have trics early unlike the same strains indoors.

:canabis: :whip:

thc43

Veteran
:woohoo: Another res top up.
coco nute 1.8ec Ph 5.9 slight change from 6.0 last week and 5.8 wee before
rhizotonic 4ml per litre
canna zym 2.5ml
Budlink 2ml

sensi skunk now flushing and maturing fast. :lurk:

Day22 of flower for these Bigbud plants :yoinks:

And same day 22 of the whole SoG.

:dueling:
Finally got a dripper set up for the newly planted clones, running from the same res as the larger plants if they dont burn in the next week. :chin:

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
Day 27 bigbud white rhino sog

Day 27 bigbud crown

Day 7 bigbud clone (not from my mum)

Day 7 bigbud from my mum

day 7 white rhino

Day 7 bigbuds and white rhinos

Sensi skunk macro

thc43

Veteran
Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
100% germ rate with the fresh bush/bag seed in the coco pucks. 0% germ so far from the older bag seed in rock wool.

sensi skunk

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
thc43
howzit brother? man what a cool thread lots of action going on.. nice set up.. and then you even have a backup.. niiiice.. that sensi skunk looks fookin killer the finger nugsz... and there are people out there that say sensi sux... lol. hahah great work thanx for sharing yer grows with us.. peace..

sack

thc43

Veteran
doing well sackOweed :wave: just starting to recover from the worst flu/cold ive had in years. My sense of smell came back just at the right time plants are covered in trics and might need to replace a ballast isnt smoking but smells really bad in the grow room.

Always up for a challange or test so my grows and what i feed will constantly change slightly to dramaticly at anytime :bat:.

Sensi seed i dont know alot about the breeder or the company other than a mate had a good time at there museum :yummy: . I was pretty happy with the skunks the stone is yet to impress but have 3 phenos still drying that where the better looking. Atm trying to put together a small list of strains id like to buy/try maby from some of the smaller breeders..

So far 95% of the bagseed germed although i must have planted the seed in rock wool too deep, all seeds had tails but didnt pop up like the coco, alittle human intervention(dug away alittle RW) and they will be up tomorrow with only one seed not playing the game..

The sog is going really well now day32 with Pk and bio boost in the res im seeing alot of trics quite early for bigbud strain. Ive never seen trics on her stems like in this grow in past grows she has been quite bare till late into flower

noticed some tricy stems

White rhino crown day32

test grow Bigbud at day 9 using just about all the space given.. looks 100% like the plants my mum produces :woohoo: and :badday: thought i might have new strains to try

Ahhh my twins, pollinated with a few dusty bannanas from the sensi skunk. Mot expecting any seed but it may happen :sasmokin:

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
:wave: Where there is smoke,there is fire. :chin:

:bat: 30min into todays lights ON period i found a lot more smoke in the room. Heres the damage looks like i cought it at the right time. :chin:

burnt

Looking good in all corners of the grow no issues other than bigbuds in the sog slowly yellowing the clone leaves.

day 14 bigbud vs wrhino

34 SoG Bigbuds

34 sOg White rhino.

thc43

Veteran
hey guys.

day43 of the grow,

Alittle nute burn this week at 2.4ec most of that being PK so ive backed of the strength alittle to 2.0ec. :chin: 1.5ec of nute topped upto 2.0 with pk, also with the first of the cold weather ive added a heater to the res "24c" and a heat mat for clones and mums.

The Bag seed i started last week produced a mixed bunch of seedlings one runt and a couple of very short sprouts but some look promising. Always thinking ahead heres my next grow a good choice of white rhino and bigbud clones.

Bigbud VS white rhino grow is going well, the canopy was alittle uneven so i shuffled the plants around. Now BB rear left and front right(my mum), white rhino RR and Lfront(other growers mum)

Its looking really fine in the bloom room havnt used the space well so a goal breaking yield is out . some of the rhino buds are going to be as big as ive seen and hard like rock But havent yet needed the support from steaks or netting like in last grows. The Bigbud still shines as the faster stronger plant with more and bigger but not as dense dense cobs. :yummy: although this way of using PK has tightened the buds alittle compared to recent grow.
:wave: day43

:woohoo:

Bigbud doing her thing at day 43

Rhino horns well just about :chin: soo sticky at this point all white trics with a funky oily rainbow streak, wouldnt say the smell is like fuel or desiel but has under tones of chem smell where as the bigbud is very fresh piney and very oily not sticky.

Smoking the sensi skunk im kicking myself for not keeping the best pheno although it was atleast a 10 weeker the stone is special retains the pineapple odor in the smoke. Isnt hard hitting though but once cured looks dank not alot left but ill get some good memory pics.. :bat:..

Till next time
thc

ahh the bigbrother chic

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey thc43, man those are looking so good. Fattening up nicely, you must be counting the days now... You're going to have some great smoke.... you've dialed those strains in man..... amazing.

B/R

thc43

Veteran
some cured sensi skunk makes the wait a whole lot easier.

:chin: The tops of the bigbuds are looking very tight compared to recent grows but have along way to go. Last pic is from around harvest from a recent grow.

:pointlaug

Hopefully we get buds like this in a few weeks

:bigeye: :friends: :bongsmi:

thc43

Veteran
Bigbud close up

white rhino close ups

BB vs WR testgrow

At the moment the plants are spread out alittle further than normal exposing side branches to extra light from my new ballast :woohoo: . In a couple of days when clones are ready will use to fill the last 1/3rd of the bloom room..

Last edited:

LaShY

Will be intersting to see whats better BB or WR! I too am from aus :) Will be keeping an eye on this one :)

thc43

Veteran
:wave: lashy.

we'll have to wait and see i guess but there both looking pretty good. :lurk:

White rhino day 53

Bigbud :woohoo: day 53

Hi all

Everything Is getting really fat and heavy around here will need alot of stakes and cable ties through this next week :woohoo: to hold the bigbuds upright. OUtside temps have dropped heaps in the last month at night 3c in the grow about 25 lights on and 12 lights oFF.

The Plants have been maturing well no amber trics but close, maby maturing too fast so this weeks res has no PK :confused: . flushed for about two days after the PK then back on the coco bloom fert at 2.2ec/5.8ph.

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
Its all happening over here today new plants to flower a new 600wt gull wing light/ ballast and a res to refill+ heater and needs a new air pump. :joint:

these plants have come along way this week now day31 if im reading this calander corectly :bat: , the canopy is pretty even and alot better spaced than the other plants but still not as dense as a scrog grow.

:bat: Next grow in the last 1/3 of the room using 2 clones either bigbuds or BB and a white rhino scrogged under one light. Screen is in and space made but i cant pic the lucky two clones. :lurk:

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
:wave:
Planting up the clones,

I got this idea a few months back from a grow i saw in a grow shop window , seems sound and will be an improvement in drainage of the coco pot over the pots i last used with clay and draining from the sides of the pot. In the shop it was hand watered with a 1 inch catchment in lower pot. Im drip feeding and dont want too much waste in lower pot but enough so it drains with frsh waste every feed so lower pot will only hold about 1cm of water.

Basicly a pot in a pot grow with an air stone in lower pot, unsure if ill run the air pump and stones but i stuck them in there just incase :sasmokin: Ive grown like this before without air stone and it works really well just abit of messing around setting it up over a pot of coco :yummy:

*Firstly we start with drilling two drain holes in the lower pot, the closer to the base the less waste it holds, At the grow shop they used 1 inch base to drain holes. I want less waste held but enough to cover air stone my holes within 1 cm of the base. I use a 22mm drill bit to make the holes then add a 19mm gromet and elbow so i can later connect some drain hoses. Above the waste water line i drilled a small 5mm hole to neatly pass some 4 mm air hose with a small air stone inside the lower pot.

Peroxide cleaned (used pots), added 2 inches of washed expanded clay the clay will protect roots and Keep the second pot at a set height. Longer grows add more clay maby 4 inches. Bury the Air stone deep could glue but ill be swapping stones mid grow so i havnt.

Onto the second pot this one we want to make free draining as possiable, i went nuts :bat: with a 6mm drill bit .

An inch or two of clay in these pots too

Add some fresh coco

Plant up staight away, flush coco/ first feed of 1.3ec coco nute, rhizotonic and away you go. Id turn the air pump on after about 4 or 5 days and when you getting first waste from the pots..

Where going scrogging again for this grow.. 1m x 1.3 under a 600wt.

*Little warning with the air pump make sure its above the pot level dont trust check valves im going to hang of the scrog screen.

Last edited:

fatboyOGOF

nice grow bro.

i have 9 white rhinos from green house in veg. i knew they were nute sensitive and didn't produce much but i wanted a good medical strain.

these are 9 of the poorest looking plants i've grown in awhile. :)

i always tie down for more bud sites. these rhinos would have nothing to do with it. not a single new bud site popped up. i ended up topping half of them. i'm not even sure if i'll take clones with just 2 budsites max. i'll be breeding so i'll see what's up with some F2s.

little pains in the ass don't like what everybody else (swiss bliss, stonehedge and sensi star) is eating so i have to set them aside and water with a weaker formula.

i'm looking forward to your smoke report. well done!

Latest posts

Latest posts