What's new

I Was checking my run off, and it is ph6.8 ec1.65

War horse

Hi

I am in week 6 of flower.
I was checking my run of water and it is pH 6.8 and Ec is 1.65 This sould be ok,right ?

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pretty much WH... if you're in soil.
what EC/PH are you feeding ? Normally your soil will buffer everything that's not completely off...

War horse

I never check the ec or ph when i am feeding, but i think it is around ph 6.5 and ec 0.6 - 1.1

my ec is usually pretty low, never higer than 1.2ec ,, but still my runoff ec is 1.65

What sould i do ?
Sould i water with ec 0.3 every third day or so ? or sould i do nothing and just keep doing what i am doing ?

My plants look ok but are a litle bit to much light green, they start usully to yellow after 16-18 days in flower so something is wrong.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First of all, what are you feeding with ?
If it's organic stuff it shouldn't be too much of a problem in terms of salt-buildups. But things still can accumulate.
I was thinking 1,65 is mighty high, but then again you're at the end of flower, so they eat lots.
Depending on the strain and how long it usually takes to mature, I'd start giving them tap water only anyways now...say it's an 8 week strain... I'd just give them plain water now... that will certainly help to get that EC down and you'll see they'll start to fade nicely soon...
Some folks say it's unnecessary to "flush" in organic soil, or even counterproductive, but remember this is not a flush, you're just stopping to feed them so they use up what's left in the soil and after that what's stored in the leaves...

Pwyll

What is the ec/ppm of an amended "super" soil? Is it always going to be higher than a more basic soil?

Pwyll

I use well water at 150ppm no teas or bottled nutes - the ppm of the runoff by the end of the grow is in the 1500-2000 range afaik. I don't typically use meters growing without nutes. I'm not sure ec tells you much if you are not using chelated salts

War horse

What is the ec/ppm of an amended "super" soil? Is it always going to be higher than a more basic soil?

I am using this:
http://www.canna-uk.com/terra_professional_plus

And i am using BioBizz fishmix and then BioBizz Bloom. on the botles they say use 2-5ml/litre but i am only using 0.5-1/litre.

Do your plants look healthy?
Burn1

They start to yellow in day 20 in flower.

Now i am in day 38 in flower and they look ok but they could look better, they are to much yellow i think.