What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Virus, harmless mutation, or neither?

meizzwang

I've seen pics of leaves that looked like this years ago in another thread, but can't remember where the thread is.

The newest set of leaves are emerging completely normal, but one leaflet on an older set of leaves has a strange looking mutation:
IMG-1300.jpg

Has anyone seen symptoms like this and tested the plant? Should I be worried, or will this just go away? If anyone else has pics that look similar, feel free to post em in this thread!

Se non sbaglio avevo letto di problemi di ph ho avuto le stesso problema poi e sparito
Cercavo dove si parlava di problemi di ph non ho trovato niente forse ricordo non bene
Vorrei saperlo pure piu approfonditamente

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190718-214858.jpg
    Screenshot_20190718-214858.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 23

QQNPK

To me it looks like it could have been a bug bite or other damage in early development, id not worry at all

Ecco fidati è identica alla sua a occhio nudo si vedeva bene la sua foto è molto nitida

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190718-233350.jpg
    Screenshot_20190718-233350.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 18

meizzwang

it's italian. He's mentioned it might be a problem with the pH, but I don't see any interveinal chlorosis or any abnormal looking leaves except that one pictured above. If it were a problem with the soil, you'd see symptoms on all the leaves, including new leaves that just matured. All other leaves are completely healthy on these plants.

This is deadhead OG, and I've seen a lot of variegation on the leaves. It wouldn't be surprising if variegation is linked to a non-detrimental virus. A few other plants showed variegation in the first few sets of leaves, but as they got bigger and flowered, zero leaves showed any symptoms.

This strange yellowing streak pictured above with deformed "leaf ribs" looks distinctively different from common variegation symptoms. Any others see something similar?