What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

`

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
That's really interesting. It would be ideal if you could redo that cross and see if the second population also hermied.

igrowone

Veteran
subbing on this one
simple answer(i think) is that cannabis carries the intersex trait at its core
it will always be with us

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yes, all plants carry the instruction sets in the auto some but only the faulty ones express both flowers.
The problem is identifying the fault. Is it internal or external is the issue. If its internal, personally I'd be inclined to ditch the line, but if external then its interesting.

CannaZen

it needs to be right, herm comes from both sides of the genome may it not become an out-bred tendancy? i realize it may become dormant its probably a result of inbred fem seed. These lines are becoming traced.

pinkus

Veteran
Yes, all plants carry the instruction sets in the auto some but only the faulty ones express both flowers.

IMO not faulty. It's a failsafe so seeds will always be made. We humans don't like it, but it helps the plant perpetuate the species.

JetLife175

Veteran
Seeing as how it’s a recessive issue, you’re damn near guaranteed to see it in haze progeny. You selected a plant somewhere along the way that had that recessive trait.

JockBudman

You mention the skunk mother flowered when rootbound and wouldn't turn back? And the hermies are coming on when the plants get rootbound?

Because if so that's the cause - crossing a hermie prone strain like haze with a plant that's guaranteed to pass on a stress inducing trait.

I'm glad I saw this, I also have a plant that autoflowers when root bound that I was looking to cross with a purple haze so I guess that's out the window now :laughing:

JockBudman

No, the plants were not rootbound.

Ah yeah, you said they were very dried out, my apologies.

It's the same principal though I'd say, introducing hermy prone genetics to a stressed mum.

Of course what really matters is if you care or not :laughing: and if you're getting good smoke out of the cross then that's the main thing.

:tiphat:

JockBudman

Not sure how I've disrespected you here Home-Grown, it just seemed like you were interested in how your two stable lines have created hermaphroditic plants and so I offered some input about how it could have come about, as have others.

It wasn't meant to come across as a dis or comment on your breeding and growing skills in any way - but maybe that's coloured by my not being bothered about hermaphroditism and my lax approach to breeding which I view as a fun hobby and nothing more.

Anyway, if you're done you're done and that's cool, I'll get out your thread. I'm too old to get involved in internet beef over a plant.
Good luck with the project though, I hope you hit a stable keeper for whatever you want to do with it.

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts