What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor foliar disease diagnosis

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Not sure what how serious this is. Some sort of foliar disease only on upper 2 sets of of leaves and new growth. I think its bacterial blight.

I think what led to it was I worked the soil and top dressed after it had been wet for a while and there were some surface roots torn up. Then it didn't rain much at all and was hot with high humidity!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Will go out in the morning to treat the leaves with Serrinade biofungicide If its bacterial, what can I apply? Going to make sure they get watered. Rain has been in the forecast, but has been real spotty. I thought they had got some. Its just perfect conditions for diseases. Disease triangle is completed. Susceptible host present, pathogen spores available, environment conducive to disease means there will be disease. It was so wet then turned dry and hot. Just a combination of issues causing foliar disease. I am thinking they will grow out of most of the disease damage. Some growing points were affected by another disease I had last year on 1 or 2 plants that stops it from growing. [/FONT] [/FONT]

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mattbho

The brown curled edges look like sun damage. Were they inside and then put in full sun ? Happened in the corn to me. Its hard to acclimate them to 100% all day sun .

day

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
The brown curled edges look like sun damage. Were they inside and then put in full sun ? Happened in the corn to me. Its hard to acclimate them to 100% all day sun .

day
If the plants were recently planted outside, then it is most likely sun damage.

- This can be prevented with insect netting like Romberg Early Frost Fleece, which defract the light and the plants love it.
- Sun damage can get infected.

Mature plants mainly get scorching if not enough water evaporates from the soil to keep them watered and cool.

Other than the damage, the plants look great.

9200000010487166.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They were planted may 18. I think it was the heat and sun causing disease after working the soil. Heavy rain today through saturday evening. Going to water them but not too much since there is rain on the way. Thanks for the help guys!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Multiple plants are planted in the garden. I think its fungal because the lesions are not angular. Will let you know if I see any progression. Thanks!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Do you have other varieties without the symtoms?
WHITE LEAF SPOT Phomopsis ganjae maybe?
Pink rot, Trichothecium roseum maybe? The photo is Pink Rot
-SamS

Attachments

• pink rot. jpeg .jpg
    pink rot. jpeg .jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 28

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not for sure on diagnosis, but there are multiple foliar pathogens infecting. I think its a root infection, so I will go back this evening to root drench even though I just watered. It may get too wet if the rain comes in. I didn't realize until I got home it was a root applicaion product. Used bacilius subtilis amylolquefaciens RTU spray to soak all foliage. Used the entire bottle. I got the concentrate, and then saw it had root application rates.

I have been using espoma garden tone which has bacillius leicheniformis, B. megaterium, and B. pumilis. Are these disease preventing innoculants or are they only for organic fertilizer degredation? Hoping they will provide some disease control. I bet they do.

picture.php

https://wrir4.ucdavis.edu/events/2017_SLR_Meeting/Presentations/PlantDiseaseManagement/1%20Manker%20D%20IR4%20Bacillus%20Plant%20Disease%20Biopesticides%20April%202017.pdf

https://www.espoma.com/product/garden-tone/#tab2

https://www.bonide.com/assets/Products/Labels/l777.pdf

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you have other varieties without the symtoms?
WHITE LEAF SPOT Phomopsis ganjae maybe?
Pink rot, Trichothecium roseum maybe? The photo is Pink Rot
-SamS

I don't have other varieties, they are one seedlot. I thought it looked like white smut. I wonder if its leaf splash spread like a oomycete.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bacillus fungicides -- Seed Treatments
from chart at ucdavis website:

ProductRegistrantActive IngredientTargetCrops YieldShieldBayerBacillus pumilusGB34, Rhizoctonia, FusariumMany crops

B. pumilis is in garden tone, and provides rHizoctonia and fusarium root disease prevention when it colonizes the roots.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Checked the plot today and they all look great! They are responding with healthy new growth, and slight recovery in yellowing symptoms! I removed all diseased foliage and even cut a few sucker branches! Up to belly button height! They grew 2-3 inches in the past couple days!

Here's a few views, I got a bunch of good shots and the best of the best are in my thread in the outdoor forum. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362111&page=14

Anyone familiar with the yellow scorch and white spots? Also the disease that stunts leaf development from the leaf tip or leaf edge is scary! I need to try to breed for resistance. Next year I may plant some of the mixed 2018 seed to bring back some old genetics in the bunch. I will see how these turn out, but sometimes you have to go back on the project a little, to make the line what you want. Breeding is fun!

Pulled 2 males today that were out front! The girls will fill it in fast!

Enjoy!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
It does look like bleaching, especially comparint the damage to the leaves at the top of the plant, while the growing tips look very nice and are growing.

Also, I think you can prune a lot of the growth inside the plant, which is just sapping energy and nutrients, and impede airflow. Increased airflow would also cool down the plant.

The rusty fence could also be a source for infection.