What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whats the best strain you had and lost

Carraxe

Veteran
I've had and lost great individuals from different strains. Some of them were my own selections, but others weren't. Titan's Haze, Northern Lights, a different Jack Herer than the one I have now, Tijuana, Sour Diesel, etc.

But the one I really miss (and I understand I'll never have something similar again) was a Bubble Gum from Serious I planted more than 15 years ago. I got it from seed, it was the only one from the package, the others were garbage. The one I kept was by far the best tasting-smelling strain I've ever had. Ever. Period. My salivary glands started to drool every time I smelled it. Strawberry, candy, sweetness... It was more than a smell, it was a feeling. I still miss this one. By the way, it was extremely strong.

The copies I've had (I've been seeking for something similar) were just vulgar sweet strains. Nothing to do with this feeling from heaven.

Cheers

An arjan's strawberry haze pheno from around 12 years ago. It was like smoking a pot of strawberries, with a high that was extremely euphoric and anti-depressive. Made me sweat with serious high energy and an introspective crystal clear, soaring high. Great for getting things done in a positive mindset no matter what the day throws at you. I wish i had saved that specimen , it had pink hairs and a shiny, juicy look to the buds. Ran packs since and nothing close.Also had a headband from DNA genetics that was out of this world in terms of yield , potency and unique high that i lost due to the pork raiding my friends.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
After reading through this thread again I remembered a strain called Indigo. Out of Amsterdam, think the cat's name was mattydreads on the old gardens cure forum.

Typical hybrid looking plant. Fantastic up happy potent effect. The flavor was so unique it might have been the only strain I don't know how to describe. Almost alien. Never tasted anything like it in cannabis or anywhere else since.

sshz

In 1980 I was popped with 875 plants of Nevils (The Seed Bank) Northern Lights 5 X 2.......a greedy worker bee broke in to steal a drying crop and the cops arrived shortly after. A strain so strong, it was regularly reported people woke up and were still quite high thru the next morning after a night of smoking. A lousy yielder, but masterfully bred by the man himself!

NEED 4 SEED

My SSH #1 from GH 2011...I am trying hard to recreate her from her offspring made with a DP Blueberry male but it is harder than it looked. The first 3 females from that line were stellar hazes with blueberry influence from more to less. Didn't clone them too. The f1 testplants that were grown later ALL couldn't compete with these 3 and their mother. I am left with the last remaining seed that sprouted from 100. I also have grandchildren of her which also don't germinate too well and throw phenos all over the place. I have also seeds made with males of the f1 generation crossed to a few different things. Probably not to the females (making an f2). So it's not all lost yet but gets even harder with every new strain introduced.
And I have seeds from the undesirable females of the f1 crossed to GDP males. Not the best precondition but somewhere deep inside the haystack it still must be....somewhere...;)

Som 2

The first great strain I had was a cutting I got in 1990. The guy who gave it to me was very shifty and paranoid. He wouldn't tell me what it was but said he got it from one of the Dutch seed banks that advertised in the back of High Times. Given the time frame that means that it came from either the Seed Bank or the Super Sativa Seed Club. Knowing what I know now I suspect it was either an Indica leaning Northern Lights or a cross of Northern Lights and Afghani. It was super easy to grow and yielded heavy. It stunk like crazy. We had a 400 watt HPS in the basement so it wasn't a big grow but it made the entire house smell like roasting coffee beans, in the last couple weeks of flower you could smell it outside. Dried, it had a profound sweet skunky smell. It was so sticky you could stick a bud to the wall and it would be there days later. The high was a super euphoric version of couch lock, that lasted for four to five hours.

I got rid of it because I was sure the smell was going to get me busted. I quickly regretted that I never made seeds with it. I've been making my own seeds ever since.

I've only started coming to cannabis grow oriented websites within the last couple years so I was out of the loop for a long time. I thought that with legalization in some states it would be easy for me to go back and get some seeds of weed like that. I have discovered that it is not so simple. A lot of modern cannabis looks like old school "kind bud" but the high is usually not as good and shorter lasting. I've gotten some new strains I like in other ways but I keep looking, I'm thinking Bodhi's DLA series may be the place.

Hempsmoke

Over the years I've lost quite a few strains but these 3 are the ones that I miss the most

1. Hawaiian Snow from GHS, loaded with energy high that made me paranoid like no other strain lol + had the sweet roasted onions funk to it

2. Trainwreck from GHS, while not as strong as the HS, it was a real stinker and the smell that stuck to you when handling it was like the best parfume I can imagine

3. Sugar Punch, a very sativa leaning pheno which had a unique smell like some kind of metallic berries, potency was OK too

They are all still available in seed form, so maybe one day I will find some equally good phenos in a pack or 2 but since I'm poor I'm not goin to buy them anytime soon (just ordered a few other strains) :p

Bud Jones

Ughh where to start .. Sagarmatha Yumboldt and Bubbleberry ...Pre 98 Sensi Durban .. Haven’t found anything like the Pheno I got in one pack .. I feel that one was the best representation of that line . Done the beginning of October . Narrow leaves .. All stacked calyxes , golden hue to the buds .. Almost looked like Dr Grinspoon type structure if that makes sense .. Anise nutmeg all spice terps . Makes you sneeze after exhale . I would give my left nut to get her back . People are still talking about it .. If I knew than what I know now . None of the Durban I’ve bought looks remotely like this and I’ve seen them all .. Dutch Passion , 2000’s Sensi etc ... Sensi is as the worst representation after the 90’s . Total hay . Dutch Passion was decent weed but it has broad leafs and purpled . Spent at least 5k on Dutch beans and no bueno . Sorry for the novel , the struggle is real lol . If anyone has a line on the Real Mcoy pm me .

Bud Jones

When I first started and didn't know what I was doing, my mentor gave me a "Four Way" clone.

To this day it was the stinkiest plant ive ever grown, and I never even grew it to it's potential.

I'm in Virginia. I'm not sure if this cut was the famous local cut "Fairfax Four-Way"

My uncle bought a bunch of cinnamon candy to help hide the smell from his wife, while walking in the house.

I told him that the bud would soak up that nasty artificial cinnamon smell.

But no, the candy actually soaked up the weed smell! A few days later his wife throws the candy away because it tasted like a skunk.

Man, I would love to see what I could do with her now
I know who still holds that cut . It’s over thirty years old and has some genetic drift . I think he may be planning on working it .. I’ll reach out and see what’s up . Happy Holidays ..

THC123

Veteran
I lost the following mother plants when I had to move my moms to a friend's house because the cops were questioning my neighbours (nothing happened in the end they didn't even search my house):

Sweet Pink Grapefruit (getting her back soon from a friend)
Supersilversourdieselhaze (OJD cut, might get her back)
Exodus Cheese (might get her back
Bubba kush katsu cut (no way of getting her back :()
The white Krome cut (no way of getting her back)
AG13 (this was my biggest loss, I know people that have her but won't share)
Shoreline
Sour bubble (DMT cut)

Damn I forgot how many fantastic mother plants I lost :cry:

Bud Jones

BubbleBerry (Sagarmartha) ~2000, sooooo tasty

Alaskan Thunderfuck (Grimm) ~2005, nicely balanced strong stone and solid Hawaiian-punch skunky flavor

Juicy Fruit (Sensi) ~ 2001, feathery lanky structure with a hint of musk. Mites loved munching this one when it was hot but what a nice flavor
Hell to the yeah on the Bubbleberry . Heard Tony has some stock that is close to the old lines . Pm me if you want a current email for him . Happy holidays !

El Timbo

If I had to choose 1 to have back it would be a plant from a pack of SOL Adventure Mix - the 5 females were all good but this one was exceptional.

And no way of knowing what it was :)

Happy Times

Hell to the yeah on the Bubbleberry . Heard Tony has some stock that is close to the old lines . Pm me if you want a current email for him . Happy holidays !

Are you referring to the Double BubbleBerry that Sagarmartha currently offers?

Did some old school BubbleBerry that an old roommate picked up beans of in Amsterdam around 95’. Man that was some great bud

hayday

Veteran
Sour Cindy from Red Spagetti. Beautiful plant, no trimming required and a fruity pineapple nose that went along with the smoke. High yeilder,easy grower and fast finisher. Very happy high.
I miss that one alot, havent grown her in 7 years but got seeds out this morning, hoping for the good good again

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Why would you scrap them? Pm is easily treatable. At worst cut them down to a couple branches and reveg. Nothing should be lost due to pm.

Still sucks man I feel your pain.

We had a Jamaican that was a pretty fast finished, hybrid but man it had the effect and modern bud look. Tasted like Subway herb and cheese bread. Fookin awesome canna!

Everyone thought everyone had it until no one had it. The most common way I have lost strains.