What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where is ABC?

mazar_man

FET was an aussie breeder from back in CW/heavens stairway days.. real rough around the edges outback kind of guy.. used to have some crazy outdoor grows. He was one source of ABC (or at least he had it). the one hyb used was shared by cannabis culture magazine after a trip to australia in the way of FloXABC

H

hard rain

to breed with because it doesn't look like weed in veg. stealth plants. like duckfoot.
I don't think either plant would fool anybody. Certainly not ducksfoot. It still looks very much like cannabis.

@paladin, I hadn't thought about potential cbd's. You could be right.

As ozza says there is a guy on ozstoners who says he has it. Haven't been on that site for years but I can still remember who it was.

WelderDan

Veteran
Fet and some other guy used to go round and round over this. As I recall, someone would ask Fet a question about it and the other guy would then troll the fuck out of Fet until the thread was completely derailed. This was on the old Doc Chronic board.

This is what was claimed to be the Dizzy held by Fet

Fet has some pretty good gear for a while. He had a bunch of Grimm stock that he worked with. I got my C99 F2's from him. It was good stuff. All the C99 crosses I did came from that stock and I still have a couple going

K

kopite

Fet and some other guy used to go round and round over this. As I recall, someone would ask Fet a question about it and the other guy would then troll the fuck out of Fet until the thread was completely derailed. This was on the old Doc Chronic board.

This is what was claimed to be the Dizzy held by Fet

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=14420&pictureid=579831]View Image[/url]

Fet has some pretty good gear for a while. He had a bunch of Grimm stock that he worked with. I got my C99 F2's from him. It was good stuff. All the C99 crosses I did came from that stock and I still have a couple going

Hyb was the other guy. I ran fet's cindy blues, I found them a touch sensitive but I find that with most cindy relatives, bit like cali o ones they seem to me to be ph sensitive. Always found them both ok hyb and Fet that is, I think most the beef they had stemmed from what hyb saw as an outing of the product he was marketing.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
http://kalyseeds.eu/index.php/de/samen-kaufen/kaly-shop/28/swag-original-detail

do you reckon this is bastard cross ducksfoot or do you think it is a legit chimera cross of lupus?
Apart from the fact that Kaly got banned on every board I've seen him posting and all the very negative customer feedbacks (and notably the absence of positive ones) he gets concerning service and quality...
Whatever he sells, it's likely only poorly bred ducksfoot hybrids and certainly no chimera with hops. His own pictures and all the twisted trash he tells show clearly that he's either schizophrenic or lying in every second phrase.
He's got some nice pics though... but I've never seen a similarly nice one from someone else who grew his gear...

BTW the ABC, bindy, dizzy, mongy, whatever would really be fun to have though I suppose that it's neither high in CBD... just low in everything. But still a cool mutation :D .

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hyb was the other guy. I ran fet's cindy blues, I found them a touch sensitive but I find that with most cindy relatives, bit like cali o ones they seem to me to be ph sensitive. Always found them both ok hyb and Fet that is, I think most the beef they had stemmed from what hyb saw as an outing of the product he was marketing.

i remember hyb saying that he'd 'extracted' a trait from an australian cultivar using a bx, maybe he was talking about this ABC?

VG

P.s. and nice to see you around again kopite :)

WelderDan

Veteran

Yeah, that sounds about right. I never had any interaction with Hyb, but Fet was always quick to answer questions about his gear and very helpful. But when the subject of Dizzy was brought up, it got ugly fast. I got the impression from Fet that he never got it worked to the point he felt good about releasing it, but again, any discussion about it quickly went to shit. And then Fet just sort of vanished. And I never really saw anything else about ABC or Dizzy after that.

ozza

Veteran
Apart from the fact that Kaly got banned on every board I've seen him posting and all the very negative customer feedbacks (and notably the absence of positive ones) he gets concerning service and quality...
Whatever he sells, it's likely only poorly bred ducksfoot hybrids and certainly no chimera with hops. His own pictures and all the twisted trash he tells show clearly that he's either schizophrenic or lying in every second phrase.
He's got some nice pics though... but I've never seen a similarly nice one from someone else who grew his gear...

BTW the ABC, bindy, dizzy, mongy, whatever would really be fun to have though I suppose that it's neither high in CBD... just low in everything. But still a cool mutation :D .

do you think a hops cross is possible?

Hemp (Cannabis sativa, 2n = 20) and the common hop (Humulus lupulus, 2n = 20) have XX/XY chromosome system,

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0085118

I think it might be possible.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
In theory it might...
If I had to test it, I'd try with somatic fusion. Dunno how well that works with plant cells, though.
There's a rather recent paper on cannabis genotyping wherein they compared the chromosomes (esp. the allosomes) with those of two hop species. Quite some differences but also strange similarities implying that somewhen in the past, the species really got mixed up...

Kaly claims that he used a male Japanese ornamental hop Humulus japonicus to first graft a female cannabis plant on it and then let the latter get pollinate by the former. Doesn't make any sense... especially because H. japonicus has females with 2n=14 + XX and males 2n=14 + XY1Y2.
But the male Japanese hop flowers are so funny and non-hops like that people get fooled thinking it's a chimera.

ozza

Veteran
Is ABC even relevant anymore with the coming end of prohibition?:dance013:

I think even more relevant as people will want to grow ornamental type cannabis as well. Different leaves, Different colours much like everyone does now.

You also have to see that not all countries are close to the end of prohibition and especially not Australia. ABC is from Australia, so is vary relevant also.

I don't think Mongy weed is a freak caused by experiment, but more by environment. I think maybe it is weed that went feral long ago, say 200 years or possibly it was bought here by Aboriginals many moons ago, which may make it quite old untouched genetics or maybe they were traded it from other cultures long ago.

I would like to thing these things more then it is a colchicine experiment.

K

kopite

Yeah, that sounds about right. I never had any interaction with Hyb, but Fet was always quick to answer questions about his gear and very helpful. But when the subject of Dizzy was brought up, it got ugly fast. I got the impression from Fet that he never got it worked to the point he felt good about releasing it, but again, any discussion about it quickly went to shit. And then Fet just sort of vanished. And I never really saw anything else about ABC or Dizzy after that.

A few people didn't believe Fet, a lot of the Australians thought that it was just the mongy weed that was found by Sydney, I've no idea if it was or wasn't but Fet was always ok with me, no idea what happened to Fet, someone side he had a tax issue but I've no idea if true.

People have it but keep it to themselves it seems. I think the other fella along with hyb was mongyman (?).

i remember hyb saying that he'd 'extracted' a trait from an australian cultivar using a bx, maybe he was talking about this ABC?

VG

can't remember if hyb did the floxABC for cannabis culture, I seem to think he did or he did some work for them with the ABC.

He was showing some ABC off a few years back.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1485.html

ozza

Veteran
Do you know that it was found in Sydney? I don't where it was from some have speculated it was from the "Hunter Valley" crop but I don't think anyone has actually said that.

K

kopite

Do you know that it was found in Sydney? I don't where it was from some have speculated it was from the "Hunter Valley" crop but I don't think anyone has actually said that.

I think it was mongyman who claimed it was found near Sydney. they'll be a thread on Oz stoners probably..

Latest posts

Latest posts