What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shoreline strain

Happy Times

Well if you’ve ever grown Shoreline skunk you will know it’s grows much like a jungle vine with very weak branching. My main goal is/was to tame that growth pattern and give it a OG/Afghan type structure while retaining most if not all of the terpene profile. There are some really skunky phenos coming out of the last batch I made. I haven’t found one that’s dead on shoreline skunk yet so the work continues.

Haven’t gotten to grow or smoke Shoreline yet... heard about her being a skunky one though. Sure do love that super loud herb

What (male(s)?) did you cross her with? By wanting an Afghan structure- is it that you’d like more lower branching and more of a Christmas tree structure than a lanky pole?

JetLife175

Veteran
Haven’t gotten to grow or smoke Shoreline yet... heard about her being a skunky one though. Sure do love that super loud herb

What (male(s)?) did you cross her with? By wanting an Afghan structure- is it that you’d like more lower branching and more of a Christmas tree structure than a lanky pole?

The first time I came across real shoreline I smelled my dealer from 50 feet away no bullshit. It was the most expensive ounce o ever bought in Texas the few years I lived there. It was so worth it. That ounce led me eventually to getting the cut so it paid for itself in my eyes. Super headstash smoke for me. Not even the close circle smokes it. Allll for the head. lol.

So I’ve done a shit load of shoreline crosses but the three I’ve sorted through and have focused on are the following.

Shoreline x Josh D OG (Reversed) fem line.

Shoreline x 91 chem (reversed) fem line

Shoreline x (Mexi x Affie) regular line.

I haven’t worked the mexi Affie cross much and am setting that to the side for the moment. My main focus have been combining the 91chem and JDOG lines.

The last batch I popped were

((Shoreline x JDOG) x (shoreline x 91chem)) x shoreline (reversed).

I was able to get a lot of phenos to lean towards the OG/Chem structure in growth, but I’m not happy with the prevalence of the shoreline skunk stench in its progeny.

Next step is to find a male in the shoreline x (mexi x Affie) and take that back to the shoreline clone and see what happens.

Best thing about what I do is I pretty much breed plants for myself and I’m never on any timetable or deadline.

The shoreline is a rare gem that is unrightfully overlooked by a lot of people. If they only knew what they were missing.

Cheesegez

The first time I came across real shoreline I smelled my dealer from 50 feet away no bullshit. It was the most expensive ounce o ever bought in Texas the few years I lived there. It was so worth it. That ounce led me eventually to getting the cut so it paid for itself in my eyes. Super headstash smoke for me. Not even the close circle smokes it. Allll for the head. lol.

So I’ve done a shit load of shoreline crosses but the three I’ve sorted through and have focused on are the following.

I haven’t worked the mexi Affie cross much and am setting that to the side for the moment. My main focus have been combining the 91chem and JDOG lines.

I was able to get a lot of phenos to lean towards the OG/Chem structure in growth, but I’m not happy with the prevalence of the shoreline skunk stench in its progeny.

Next step is to find a male in the shoreline x (mexi x Affie) and take that back to the shoreline clone and see what happens.

Best thing about what I do is I pretty much breed plants for myself and I’m never on any timetable or deadline.

The shoreline is a rare gem that is unrightfully overlooked by a lot of people. If they only knew what they were missing.

I know what we are missing lol
Hence the thread , do you still keep
Her ...? Your description of her sounds like the Real UK Cheese

Happy Times

Interesting crosses there! hope you find that one with similar stench but different structure. Maybe a #’s game?

Can’t help but wonder if crossing with a less terpy strain might impact the shoreline smell less? Something like NL?

For something with Skunk funk I do like the sounds of that cross with 91chem though

I

IncenseRosemary

these genetics are most afganxskunk by smell,look and taste in cannanbis they are no real strains this is more phenotipe games. U cant buy any seed stock with similar phenos which are uniformed by taste,smell and look. I grew lot of old sensi stock and some new strains are very similar to that olds like shiva shanti garlic bud to chem line,Sour diesel is close to super skunk with that lil diesel undertone. OG is afghan with something in it. My personal opinon is that is some kind of afghanxafghan skunk and of corse best pheno of thet. I dont talk about history its all about my experience based on look and smell,high of buds. I grown last year omar sharif paradise free bee,and lots of plants have that road kill sour skunk smell. Which is similar to Diesels,Cheese,OG kind of smell but menshoned before also have some own caracteristics which makes them special phenos and ''strains'' elit cuts etc...

JetLife175

Veteran
I know what we are missing lol
Hence the thread , do you still keep
Her ...? Your description of her sounds like the Real UK Cheese

Yes the shoreline is around these parts. She doesn’t get let out much, if ever.

I’ve had real cheese before and they are very different plants. It could be assumed that they are distantly related somehow.

JetLife175

Veteran
Interesting crosses there! hope you find that one with similar stench but different structure. Maybe a #’s game?

Can’t help but wonder if crossing with a less terpy strain might impact the shoreline smell less? Something like NL?

For something with Skunk funk I do like the sounds of that cross with 91chem though

Yeah I’ve been thinking that too.

I just have a lot of fun crossing my favorites together to see what comes of it. But definitely the shoreline x (mexi x Affie) might be that route.

The mexi x Affie is a cross my dad made in the late 80s. Both donors came from bags of import. The mexi side was said to be Oaxacan and the Affie came out of a bag of Afghan from Los Angeles. The line has some
Really bland phenos in it, but every so often you get these really spicy, woody, fruity, earthy and faintly skunky plants that are just classic old school raw power smoke. I’m hoping like you said that there will be less dominance and will let the shoreline come through a bit more on terps.

Cheesegez

Yes the shoreline is around these parts. She doesn’t get let out much, if ever.

I’ve had real cheese before and they are very different plants. It could be assumed that they are distantly related somehow.

Interesting , the way you described the power of the smell says a lot ... there’s no other plant I’ve grown out to date that can match the aroma power of the UK cheese clone , there was just no way of containing the smell... I stunk the whole school assembly out with a chip out FFS :biggrin: was a while back now tho

Be good to try shoreline someday I hear there two phenos in which one is purple ?

:tiphat:

capnCõno

Interesting , the way you described the power of the smell says a lot ... there’s no other plant I’ve grown out to date that can match the aroma power of the UK cheese clone , there was just no way of containing the smell... I stunk the whole school assembly out with a chip out FFS :biggrin: was a while back now tho

Be good to try shoreline someday I hear there two phenos in which one is purple ?

:tiphat:
There is only one real shoreline some company used the name Darkhorse genetics I think...and came out with a fruity purple line but they are completely unrelated... Shoreline and cheese are both skunks but are very different type plants from very different set of genetics ... shoreline is an American bred plant based of some pre Dutch skunk genetics allegedly crossed to original old northern lights from pnw NorCal area... they both have that cut through wall type of smells but different types of flavors n odors... shoreline plant type is more along the lines of the aw skunk clone just minus all fruitiness n doesn't have that type of horizontal branching as cheese varieties... all in all the Texas shoreline is the closest I've found to rks (fairfax four way is another that is very close) it is still not the rks we all grew up with it's in there but has sumthin astringent bitter mixed in... one other thing shoreline has some big leaves and always looks thirsty has that droop goin on ... shoreline is not an easy plant to grow and doesn't do well grow on a normal regiment with other strains and becomes more difficult the older she gets we been running her hard for years and she began showing her age she recently went into tissue culture to get refreshed... shoreline and hp13 2 strains dialed in are damn near 10s but getting them to grow to there max potential is not an easy task...

JetLife175

Veteran
There is only one real shoreline some company used the name Darkhorse genetics I think...and came out with a fruity purple line but they are completely unrelated... Shoreline and cheese are both skunks but are very different type plants from very different set of genetics ... shoreline is an American bred plant based of some pre Dutch skunk genetics allegedly crossed to original old northern lights from pnw NorCal area... they both have that cut through wall type of smells but different types of flavors n odors... shoreline plant type is more along the lines of the aw skunk clone just minus all fruitiness n doesn't have that type of horizontal branching as cheese varieties... all in all the Texas shoreline is the closest I've found to rks (fairfax four way is another that is very close) it is still not the rks we all grew up with it's in there but has sumthin astringent bitter mixed in... one other thing shoreline has some big leaves and always looks thirsty has that droop goin on ... shoreline is not an easy plant to grow and doesn't do well grow on a normal regiment with other strains and becomes more difficult the older she gets we been running her hard for years and she began showing her age she recently went into tissue culture to get refreshed... shoreline and hp13 2 strains dialed in are damn near 10s but getting them to grow to there max potential is not an easy task...

Everything mentioned is pretty spot on. Except that it was devils harvest seed company and not darkhorse. The crinkle leaf is a tell tale sign if you have he real one or not. She is getting tired. That much is true.

can anyone help me!?! i am a texan on a 12 year hunt for original shoreline and NL#5 like what i had in the early 2000's. Any help is greatly appreciated i am looking for any seeds or cuts.

Ilikesnacks

can anyone help me!?! i am a texan on a 12 year hunt for original shoreline and NL#5 like what i had in the early 2000's. Any help is greatly appreciated i am looking for any seeds or cuts.
Have you checked out shoreline genetics? They’ve got a few shoreline bx’s and crosses.

Dtekk

Haven’t had much time or room to work on it to be honest. I do have some space opening up soon so may hunt through the beans I wanna pop or some of just to get some progress on it.

Any updates I’ll post in here.
Hi, still have that Texas Shoreline?

Traded a clone with someone for the Shoreline .
Dont know if it was the real deal , but it was definitly diffrent than the one available in Amsterdam :D

Very stinky , skunky , floral , smells associated with red candys , skunkhazey buds , grew pretty nice too but not very fun to trim . Shook her trim together with Blues trim and made the best rosin i ever smoked.

Definitly regret not keeping her <3

Dtekk

Traded a clone with someone for the Shoreline .
Dont know if it was the real deal , but it was definitly diffrent than the one available in Amsterdam :D

Very stinky , skunky , floral , smells associated with red candys , skunkhazey buds , grew pretty nice too but not very fun to trim . Shook her trim together with Blues trim and made the best rosin i ever smoked.

Definitly regret not keeping her <3