What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krunchbubble Is Looking For A "Jobby Job" In the Industry....

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
working for people sucks, there most likelye just going to keep you on as long as needed to pull a crop or two and get the basics of your design and they say some crap like "i gotta let you go cause yields are down" or shit, a multi-year contract seems like the best route...

good luck on your job hunt... you could start something here, icmag the leader in head-hunting the best internet growers who've been growing since they where 16... best of luck brosef..

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And HOLY SHIT, I have seen the worst grows in my career in the last several months. Ive been in LEGAL grows that I threw my clothes away after I left, and drove to the hotel in my wife beater and underwear....

Shocking really...
In case people are wondering, this is not an exaggeration...

More and more lately I/we (firm) have been entering and inspecting operations that are, in many cases, less than 1 year old, and were built from the ground up, some reaching the $10-$20-$30MM range, to find more PM and mite webs than I have ever seen in my life.....finding people spraying the material that was just cut down before entering into the dry rooms.....finding contaminated product in dry rooms, as well as various nasties even in the storage/cure rooms and inside the containers of "ready" product ready to be packaged.

When this is addressed, the responses are along the lines of "Yeah, we had a rough start, but we have it under control now"......to which many could imagine my response(s) were "No, you dont, No, it's not, and it's just going to get worse!!"......(And, of course, I'm wrong and have no idea what I'm talking about :biglaugh:....because, of course, their staff are "professionals".

This is the current status of a large portion of the "tightly regulated and controlled" white collar high investment industry nationwide.

Throw in inadequate dietary (same feed all the way through to cut), no sound basis, experience, or knowledge for strain and cut selection(s),and dry, trim, and cure that even a novice member here would correct and produce infinitely better, and, you have quite the shit show....

While we dont/didn't drive home naked, we do/have stripped down outside (after), tossed into boiling hot water with bleach, and wiped entire vehicle interiors down with varying products.

Not to mention as above and elsewhere, while the "executives" of the organization have 7 figure payrolls attached but cultivation crews in the cashier/McDonalds range........and the execs the first to tout themselves as the "best/#1"......

It's truly beyond words......

EastBayGrower

Veteran

More and more lately I/we (firm) have been entering and inspecting operations that are, in many cases, less than 1 year old, and were built from the ground up, some reaching the $10-$20-$30MM range, to find more PM and mite webs than I have ever seen in my life.....finding people spraying the material that was just cut down before entering into the dry rooms.....finding contaminated product in dry rooms, as well as various nasties even in the storage/cure rooms and inside the containers of "ready" product ready to be packaged.

When this is addressed, the responses are along the lines of "Yeah, we had a rough start, but we have it under control now"......to which many could imagine my response(s) were "No, you dont, No, it's not, and it's just going to get worse!!"......(And, of course, I'm wrong and have no idea what I'm talking about :biglaugh:....because, of course, their staff are "professionals".

This is the current status of a large portion of the "tightly regulated and controlled" white collar high investment industry nationwide.

Throw in inadequate dietary (same feed all the way through to cut), no sound basis, experience, or knowledge for strain and cut selection(s),and dry, trim, and cure that even a novice member here would correct and produce infinitely better, and, you have quite the shit show....

While we dont/didn't drive home naked, we do/have stripped down outside (after), tossed into boiling hot water with bleach, and wiped entire vehicle interiors down with varying products.

Not to mention as above and elsewhere, while the "executives" of the organization have 7 figure payrolls attached but cultivation crews in the cashier/McDonalds range........and the execs the first to tout themselves as the "best/#1"......

gld to see your still around and kicking brother, thanks for all the great posts in the outdoor section, shit is the gospel :)

best of luck on any future endeavors... shit if you guys know all these people with massive grows put in a good word for the krunch man..

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran

Not going to get into it too much, but I couldn't agree more. The "We had a rough start but we're figuring it out" sentiment is exactly what I found. I had a position with one of these companies for a very short time(less than 1 month), but there was no way it was going to work for me. What I really wanted was the legal reference, but a reference from that company was not going to be worth very much. My friend and I kept saying "We ain't never seen no shit like this". Let's just say they had no idea what the hell they were doing. I'll tell the story someday, but for now I'm looking to do consulting and start my own project.

They did also keep going on and on about how they were setting the bar and had the best team. What a joke.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They did also keep going on and on about how they were setting the bar and had the best team. What a joke.

Said by every single new operator in the country the last 2-3 years...

I'm "a professional", "ex professional" (talking white collar business's).....so.....while I have been able to be "PC" in the past....more or less :biglaugh:......I hear from those around me I'm having problems being such these days and getting quite "rough around the edges" again...:biglaugh: :smoke:.....

I've explained dozens of times to people in several states:
"Ya know, statistically, it's impossible for you all to be #1, and, trust me, your not" :biglaugh:....

Additional note:
The "We had a rough start but we're figuring it out" sentiment is exactly what I found. .
Most obviously do not understand the basics when taking this position.......which translates into:
You had a bad start......you distributed product which established a reputation which you have no idea how difficult it will be to overcome.

Which has lead to: "We can help. We can advise. We can get you back on track. It will be difficult, but we can help to course correct...and so on...

Point being:
Even if no cannabis knowledge or experience...many of these groups tout their "business expertise".

Last I checked, the above was applicable to any industry, field and product... :smoke:

So....the problem there is not only does their cannabis performance suck, so does their general business as well.

And they continue to do the same thing they've been doing, putting out the same substandard products they've been continuing to buld a unfavorable reputation, making the efforts and actions to overcome such that much greater....

Yeah. They've got it.

shit if you guys know all these people with massive grows put in a good word for the krunch man..
First thing that arises that allows and is a good fit, we absolutely got his back.

Last edited:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Yea...... 22 years as a master grower, yet I met dude and he isn't even 40. So at 18 you were a master?

Managed 2nd ever medical marijuana dispensary, how did that go? Seems like others who started at the same time are ready to become billionaires. Like Steven DeAngelo.

12 years solvent experience? So in 2004 you were making oil? That is also ahead of the game. Should have really been able to cash in there.

300k warehouses. Again, you should have made millions. What happened and how did that end.

You never really showed any successful ventures. You just claim to be part of a couple. How did they turn out? How long did you manage? How many crops? What was your role?

You also were involved in vape pen companies.

I don't know, I guess I just assume a master grower for 22 years, 12 years pumping out concentrates, managing dispensaries, and being the lead on warehouse grows should just open up their own company. Why would you manage for somebody else, when clearly you should have the capital and experience to do it yourself?

- Had my first grow light at the age of 15, my FIRST photography session with Ed Rosenthol was at the age of 17, was in my first book and magazine by 18 and growing for a dispensary with Ed Rosenthal at the age of 18 called the Hayward Hempery..

- Regarding how it went as the manager of the Hayward Hempery, I left when my boss sold the place. Became a manger of a hydro store after, And started working at another dispensary in the same city, but forgot the name..
http://www.cannabisnews.com/news/9/thread9581.shtml

- Yes, making concentrates since 2004. Mike Tyson bought EVERYTHING I made, he would fly here on a drop of a dime when it was available. Was not even called Budder yet, that would be another 5 years or so. He called it DELTA9...

- This is how the my first warehouse adventure of 300k watts ended. One of the main guys got greedy and decided to do his own warehouse. He was not a real grower and did not buy carbon filters for the exhaust fans. Got busted as they were trimming and the bust trickled down from there to the other warehouses. And no, im not in that article...
https://www.dea.gov/pubs/states/newsrel/sanfran120805a.html

Good enough FootHill Farmer? What else you want answers too?

Im curious why you want to know what I have done with my money. Im curious why you want to know why I want to do what I want to do, what is it to you? Why do you care so much about me?

You a fed or the IRS FoothillFarming?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
damn Krunch, you made & sold hash to tyson?

:tiphat:

pretty damn cool man, sounds like you've been having a shit of fun in the past years and your ready to see some constant flow come out of your crazy projects.

I hope you find what your looking for, if not, try breeding. This shit is awesome.

Actually never met the guy! Had a friend who owned a dispensary and was one of those guys who knows tons of celebrities but wont introduce his friends to them and visa versa. He wanted to be "The Man" and I didnt really mind at the time. Looking back at it, I sure messed up in the situation...

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing: still remember how amazing that fight was and how amazement quickly turned into pissed off at having spent money (we chipped in) to watch it.... lol

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually never met the guy! Had a friend who owned a dispensary and was one of those guys who knows tons of celebrities but wont introduce his friends to them and visa versa. He wanted to be "The Man" and I didnt really mind at the time. Looking back at it, I sure messed up in the situation...
hey krunch,,,,
maybe ya didnt mess up?,,, "fly by night" celeb friends are not the most loyal and if a tiny bit of shit hits the fan there gone!,,
i get the feeling you had a lucky escape:),,,,s2:tiphat:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is this some sort of inquisition ? Hey somebody turn that light up brighter and move it closer ....we need some answers :) jeeesh

FoothillFarming

The most important question still remains unanswered imo, but by all means feel free not to answer. I am not demanding anything.

To be honest. If you have been doing this for that long, why don't you just start up your own company? 22 years of being a master grower you should be ready to retire. Run your show, why work for somebody else?

Felonies have something to do with it? Legal ops can't have felons.....Just my best guess not knowing anything about Krunch's personal criminal history at all.

Last edited:

maxmurder

Veteran
- growing for a dispensary with Ed Rosenthal at the age of 18 called the Hayward Hempery..

- Regarding how it went as the manager of the Hayward Hempery,

that was the first club i'd ever been to back in 99 i think. i'm sitting downstairs surrounded by high times mags everywhere talking to dr todd m (rip) getting my first 215, totally surreal then he stands up, shakes my hand and says "congats! you're no longer a criminal!"
then we go upstairs to see the goodies and a few clones, totally blown away and dr. todd comes in full suit and tie- sits down and starts hittin the bong hahah. that was rad.

guineapig

Veteran
Krunchbubble cannot be denied. :wave:

Hopefully he lands on a rainforest canopy planet somewhere in the Western Universe :abduct:

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

coldcanna

Veteran
Hey Krunch I just found a list of states with legalization on the ballot this fall:

Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Maine, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada and North Dakota.

I can't speak for all these places but Southern Maine is really nice. Mass is a huge rat race but if you find the right towns it's a decent place to live. I have a feeling that after living in the bay area all your life you're going to find 90% of the rest of the country super lame and boring. I moved where I am now to get a small op and running, was a 5-year commitment and thank god almost over. I'd put a lot of thought into the aspects of just living in a certain place because when you clock out at the end of a work day it's pretty shitty if you didn't pick a place that would make you happy. If your ever looking at New England PM me and I can give you the rundown. Arizona is awesome as well fwiw

Status
Not open for further replies.