What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moving to CO...need advice.

SolarPlex

Great advice!! I've not seen many folks in SO CO "make a killing" in the industry.

I've seen 2 dispensaries go under because they thought they didn't have to follow the rules.

Anymore, your financial record is something employer's look at seeing if you are a sound (favorable) employee.

Thanks man :tiphat:

And yeah definitely bring warm clothes lol, everyone is going crazy because it has been 40F - 50F and nice.

S

SooperSmurph

Don't let Denver natives walking around in hoodies fool you, pack your parka to get you through your first couple winters while your blood chills down.

So I've been saving my pennies to leave Florida for Colorado. My question is, what's the best/easiest way to get a job in the industry as quickly as possible...because Colorado is not exactly a cheap place to live, I will need a job lined up before I even move...now I have a longer term goal of getting a job on Ryan Loflin's Rocky Mountain Hemp farm, but that doesn't seems very immediate and may take some doing...so any advice is much appreciated.
u'll need ur OPC license…once u have that, finding a job in the industry should be relatively easy…whether as a budtender, or a grower, every dispo i've been to seems to always be hiring…it IS expensive...

SolarPlex

u'll need ur OPC license…once u have that, finding a job in the industry should be relatively easy…whether as a budtender, or a grower, every dispo i've been to seems to always be hiring…it IS expensive...

You mean MED badge.

A Optional Premises Cultivation License is something completely different bud.

Optional Premises Cultivation: There are no Independent Marijuana Optional Premises Cultivation (OPC) Licenses - in order to operate these facilities must be associated with either a Marijuana Center or Infused Product Manufacturer facility and may only provide their product to that single entity. These facilities are the only premises on which the licensee may grows, harvests and process raw Medical Marijuana product to sale in retail Centers or for use in infused products. (C.R.S. §12-43.3-403). Medical Marijuana Center Facilities are required to own and operate at least one Medical Marijuana Cultivation and produce at least 70% of their on-hand marijuana inventory. Medical Marijuana Infused Product Manufacturers may choose to operate a cultivation or purchase marijuana wholesale from Centers to product their infused products.