What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How can i keep cutting healthy for 5/6 weeks ??

Hi All

I have take a couple of cuttings from plants and have perfect white roots bursting from the bottom of 3" rockwool cubes.

My problem is they can not go into my bubbler until 5/6 weeks !!!!!

How can i keep them happy and healthy for the time being ?

Anyone advise ??

Thanks

Dirty Budz

after 5/6 weeks a cutting is ready to flower, i would say keep taking uttings from your cutting and making more cuttings until its ready to go, or go outside, grab some dirt and put her in a small cup/pot and keep her alive as a mum, 5/6 weeks is a long time.

F

Folate

If you want to keep the cut in stasis for a while draw off some cold tap water and place the cut and h20 in a zip lock bag and keep in the crisper of your fridge. Take care to ensure the back of your crisper doesn't freeze…
F

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plant the cutting in a small container. A yogurt cup would be perfect their roughly 8ounces.

What you want to do is bonsai your cutting(s)

So for now its easy - just plant them in SMALL containers.

After 3 weeks I would take the container off - rip off 1/3 of the roots from the side and also decrease the foliage.

Then I would actually up pot them into half size flower containers adding new medium - and of course taking nice and slow not to over water and let hte roots grow - if you have a medium with good porosity you will be fine.

So thats 3 weeks down - in the next 2-3 weeks the plants will fill the containers and grow to size for flowering - if conditions and everything is going well and all you would have to do is up pot them once more and put em into flower.

OR you could take new cuts and put them into a ziplock baggie with a few sprays of water and a little on the bottom and don't forget to put the date on the bag - and breate into the bag - you provide the co2 that they will very slowly deplete.

Use the search feature to find the thread(s) that contain the information on it - I'll look it up later for you if you pm me about it - best of luck mate

:wave:

Green_science

Keeping rooted clones HEALTHY without them growing hardly at all for 6 weeks, is a contradiction, good luck.

You can keep them wet and cold, and under minimal light, this will slow them down for sure, but keeping healthy roots in a 3 inch rock wall cube for 6 weeks is going to be HARD work, probably better of getting your self a couple litres of dirt and potting them up and taking clones of them as soon as they are big enough.