What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very high CBD strains, which ones?

EpheDrone25

Hey I ve been living in the middles east quite some time now,Most hashplants from this region have twice more CBD to THC %.! most of the pressed leb we get is like a cbd bomb you still feel it the next day too!
Fact: Most smokers here on local stuff are hooked to this "Dirty high" mixed cannabinoid profile smash?!

Ep

Hey theres a bunch of landraces here like
Leb hashplant

asa42

Anime n Stoner Aficionado
ty to all for sharing your knowledge!!

the more i learn, the better i understand my preferences. especailly to find out CBD can be/ is used in place of valum!

now if we could figure out how to best breed it back into the right chemotype.

also, am suddenly extremely happy w/ my choice of afghani hash plant. :D

G

I find strong hash like Nepalese or Indian charas better than valium at calmign me down actually.

I have grown Bluehemp's Dark Kush which is described as herbal valium and I was very disappointed, the plants were never healthy once into flower and they were very lacking in visible trichomes, several phenos, one looked irta Afghani, the other a more sativa type, more elongated, taller and with thinner leaves. The buds were very airy, the calyxes tiny and the yield poor, not very ptent either. I think it is one that needs to be grown outdoors as it did not like being grown indoors at all. I made a load of seeds using a nice male and two different females, one tall and elongated with thin leaves the other more of a Afghan-like xmas tree form, I aim to try them outside sometime when I have a plot. I grew them originally looking for something pure indica to cross to some of my pure sativa landraces/heirlooms.

I have Pakistan Valley by World of Seeds, Nepali by Bluehemp, Leb27 from esbe, a purple Afghan seedline of unknown origin and some Egyptian bagseed, I am going to be growing some or all those out soon and looking for promising males to cross to a Deep Chunk cut. Hoping to put some vigour and yield into the DC, I absolutely adore the old school hashy flavour of the DC, instantly took me back to the days when I first started growing Afghani seeds in my backyard, the commercial Afghani seedlines I've grown indoors more recently have never been able to match those old outdoor landrace crops, just wish I still had some of those seeds from 14 years ago.

A

Afghanicus

hey British_Hempire, i'm very interested to know how those pakistan valley from world of seeds go. I am strongly considering buying some when the world of seeds website is able to take orders online (which hopefully wont be too long). Sounds like an ideal strain for my needs. If your not happy with those dark kush i'd be happy to take a few seeds off you, if you plan on getting rid of them :wink: maybe the lack of potency is due to high CBD. All of what i grow is outdoor as well and i always produce seeded bud for future grows. I had some nice seeds from when i was growing years back but unfortunately i left them too long and they were no longer viable. I had some nice plants to.

Bonzo

Veteran
Anyone try Maple leaf Indica? I know its on my list, any input would be great.

peace

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

G

Afghanicus said:
hey British_Hempire, i'm very interested to know how those pakistan valley from world of seeds go. I am strongly considering buying some when the world of seeds website is able to take orders online (which hopefully wont be too long). Sounds like an ideal strain for my needs. If your not happy with those dark kush i'd be happy to take a few seeds off you, if you plan on getting rid of them :wink: maybe the lack of potency is due to high CBD. All of what i grow is outdoor as well and i always produce seeded bud for future grows. I had some nice seeds from when i was growing years back but unfortunately i left them too long and they were no longer viable. I had some nice plants to.

Hey affie,I think about doing that outdorrs but there is wild hemp pollen come fall,I have personally seen outdoor sage females kick out thousands of seeds with no male in the group,.........all clones.
It sucks that they get ruined like that but we still smoked it :)

A

Afghanicus

I see, that could be a problem. We don't have any wild stuff here. I live in the subtropics and i can grow year round. At the moment its winter and i have some outside in the a little greenhouse. The don't really need the greenhouse but the nights are cool at this time of year and i want to maximise growth. We don't get frosts here. They are stretching a bit due to low light levels but looks really happy other than that. They should start flowering soon and produce nice little bonsai plants. I can't wait. They are the twilight from dutch passion. This summer i hope to get some really nice plants outside, and hopefully a landrace. Sativas grow better here than indicas but i prefer indicas for medical reasons. Sativas almost grow wild here.

peace

G

Hey Afghanicus, the best strain I've found recently was a sativa leaning pheno of DJ Short's blueberry, I find that a good cross is helps for me but it has to be a medium to high thc strain (higher THC = higher CBD?), I find I get instant releif from most symptoms. I think THC helps as much if not more with theraputic effects of cannabis.

While you're waiting for landraces to become available I'd concentrate on the more potent medicinal strains like white rhino etc, a good indica/sativa cross so you can still function while having the body effect as well.

The best releif is to be had from concentrates, definitely make yourself some dry sift or bubble hash and oil as it's stronger you use less and it's more effective.

Goyakla

Try VISC - they got some from N.EU which could be strong in CBD - grown fx. in Finland. Could be good to cross - early bloom and all that. :joint:

I have tried Dark Kush and wasnt disapointed- grew well and was actually very relaxing. But not a cash crop. :yoinks:

A

Afghanicus

ok thanks for the replies everyone. Does anyone know about lowryder, if it contains quite a bit of CBD? its got some ruderalis and indica in it so i thought it may be high in CBD.

G

Hey Afghanicus, I'd stay away from lowryder but that's just me...

I found a breeder called world of seeds who do many landraces, I found them at grow shop alien, google it. I've no idea wether they're any good but they are cheap so I may give some a go some time soon..

A

Afghanicus

thanks Hawksok, yes i've seen their site www.worldofseeds.eu they have some interesting strains that i would like to try oneday. I hope i can find a reliable place to buy their genetics. The pakistan valley is the one i'm most interested in getting.

peace

T

THCV

hi afghanicus. this is a q that comes up pretty often, what with all the excellent studies that zam sited about how CBD kills cancer, protects your brain, regenerates neurons, fixes the problem of oil depletion and brings about peace on earth. it seems very reasonable that patients would seek out high CBD strains, but precious little info is available.

As discussed in this thread
THCV said:
The only seed company that lists CBD levels seems to be Greenhouse Seeds, and their most potent CBD strain is Great White Shark, with a CBD level of 1.7%...white rhino is 1.6%, white widow is 1.4%.

I can vouch for White Rhino being a heavy, relaxing, anti-axiety stone. Not sure i feel that way about white widow though. Can't say for sure, but Bubba Kush certainly has all the properties of a strain with some CBD, so if you can get that clone i highly recommend it. It works best for my IBD. Good luck!

zamalito: thanks for clarifying the THC/CBD/CBN deets, saved me some typing...:bashhead:

A

Afghanicus

yeah not many strains have CBD percentages :( I wonder if something like Black Domina or Afghani #1 from sensi would be high in CBD? most Afghanis should have high CBD right? i'm waiting on some sensi hindu kush as we speak. I'm looking foward to trying that one as well. White rhino does look good but it has some sativa in it doesn't it? i'm trying to get as pure an indica as i can. From what i hear white rhino is indica in effects though so it may be good. Its reasonably priced to. Maybe aurora indica from nirvana would also be good.

Getting my hands on a clone is a bit out of my reach. I'm best off getting seeds and finding offspring that are favourable.

Last edited:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Have any of you looked at Petrolia Headstash from Reeferman? It is supposed to be a pre-Soviet Afghan variety, like Deep Chunk.

A

Afghanicus

yes i have pops, thanks. Reeferman has some interesting strains no doubt. It looks good. Reeferman only deals in cash and i'm not about to send that amount of cash overseas. I have had things get lost/stolen in the mail before unfortunately and its just too risky for me. I really do like the looks of those deep chunk. Hopefully it wont be long and i can get my hands on some. It looks very much indica and i'm guessing is has a reasonable level of CBD.

G

Hey Everyone, I just thought of something not mentioned here.

Maybe it would be easier to get what we want from cannabis, the higher CBD levels, if we don't look at the flowers.

From what I remember, it seems alot of the medicinal (not recreational) use from 5000 BC focused more on the leaves of the marijuana plant. Actually, I believe the Chinese used the roots/leaves/stems/and flowers if they wanted.

And it would be my guess the Chinese were getting their medicine from the hemp (non drug) strains of marijuana. The feral strains.

So instead of searching the globe long and hard for some special plant that breeds higher CBD percentage in its flowers, why don't we just use leaves? Heck, you don't even need a flowering room for that!

This is based on the assumption (might be wrong) that leaves have good levels of CBD. I recently smoked bubble hash made from leaves of the Diesel plant. Diesel is probably one of those modern hybridized THC rec. drug plants. But man smoking that was totally a medicinal/body effect.

Back when I had a grow I tried vaporizing mj leaves. Think about that. You could probably vaporize to your hearts content, and get the medicine you need.. of course leaves don't taste as good as flowers. ;)

Last edited:
G

SEASONAL FLUCTUATIONS IN CANNABINOID CONTENT OF KANSAS MARIJUANA
http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/indust/seasonal.html
CONCLUSIONS

Seasonal changes observed in cannabinoids indicate CBD is transformed to delta-9-THC to CBN. Data suggest that stress may influence cannabinoid production and bivalent ions may regulate enzyme systems responsible for cannabinoid synthesis. Seasonal variability of cannabinoids in plants was observed in Riley County. Potential cannabinoid content of marijuana appears to be genetically controlled, but the level of expression may be regulated by environmental factors regulating plant growth and development. Marijuana growing wild in Kansas is low in potency. Midwestern marijuana, descended from varieties cultivated for fiber and cannabinoid level, apparently has remained unchanged by natural selection.

It seems according to this article there are many many variables to consider when thinking about cannabinoids!!! You know, the medical usage of cannabis has been one casualty from the war on drugs. Americans resorted to making unhealthy moonshine, instead of being free to brew the live enzyme-rich beer humans have been drinking for so long.

Us people interested in the medical side need to take the power back. Take the knowledge back. If I can have any part of this future I will. I feel like I have the athletic ability to make it to the olympics, but no opportunity to go!! I've been trying to grow for so long. Its horrible... But I think I might finally be able to do this legally. And you bet I"ll be growing/test/breeding this CBD/terpene stuff. I want to bring the MEDICINAL to the people that need it.

I have nothing against recreational use. In fact, I think its great. But because of prohibition I think the full medical potential of mj has been sorta lost in the shadow of the glorified THC. :spank:

Last edited:
G

I'm also interested in the usage of hemp strains for medicinal powers. Does anyone know if its really true that hemp would give you a headache - lets say - if you made oil with the leaves, or even smoked/vaporized them?

It seems utlizing the full medical power of mj might be easier than thought. Just go back to the roots, back to the wild feral plants.. maybe these are the "hemp" strains, I don't know. But gee, it just seems like this is "too easy"!!

T

Truthman

There is no need to search for a plant that has high cbd content because if you have a plant that is from an indica parent or is mixed with it, the cbda enzyme which synthesizes cbd will make what's needed.

Most people have some plant that is an indica mix at least so getting cbd shouldn't be a problem. The problem is giving the plant enough of the mineral that stimulates the enzyme to synthesize cbd and make a lot of it but what the mineral is I don't know. This is why have a broad range of minerals and getting it from other plants such as their leaves which store most of the minerals can help solve this problem of low cbd plants that are mostly out now. Coconut water is a good source as well as ions.

As far as seasons effecting cannabinoid synthesis, this makes sense being that as the seasons change, the amount of nutrients available to the plant from the soil slowly stops due to drying up as well as the amount of certain light spectrum's and therefore only certain enzymes would be activated to get the amount of cannabinoids to be synthesized.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts