What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevilles Haze x Malawi Killer and A5 x Malawi Killer

J

jaded1

Is a pity that the haze A male died,i love the highs from all the A crosses I've grown(not that there are many about!).
Never had any incense smells though,more on the dark leathery,musky,liver and catpissy smells.I'd really like to see an A5/panama cross,could see those 2 mixing well together.

Spaventa

Veteran
To me incense IS leathery and musky, with an oily perfume element. I read Haze A was what gave the Frankincense aromas to old Nevilles Haze, Jack Herer, Kali Mist, NL#5 x Haze etc. From what I can tell, Haze C gave the exotic, tropical flowers and rain forrest notes. Possibly people don't all relate to the same descriptives and would disagree on the words that describe the same smoke, even if it was from the same shared joint :)

Tops are in the cloner now. Few more days and flip.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi beanz,

So glad you have had the chance to receive these and already started them, they are gonna rock in your outdoor garden and under your good cares. Can't wait to see progresses. All the best!

100% germination here .... 10 each strain .

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Are there any plans to use A5 in any Standard/regular crosses?

From your description A5 X to a purple haze x malawi male would be a very interesting plant. or maybe a Purple haze X PCK for something a little less racy :tiphat:

Cheers

Hi Maple_Flail,

Yes, i think A5 will be eventually crossed with some of our males to produce regular hybrids with her, we harvested a few regular A5 and Neville's Haze x Mauritius seeds last outdoor season, not many, but enough to test them, should be a crazy one ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I would love an A5 x Erdpurt for a fast haze. Something of top quality that can be grown in greenhouse or even outdoors here in England. That would be amazing, incensey, hazy plants I could guerrilla :biggrin:

I want a regular plant that has incense in the smoke that finishes early.

Hi Spaventa,

I understand your idea, but take in consideration that ErdPurt is a rich CBD strain and it's not a good idea to cross a plant with a very high THC chemotype which has a special effect (like i think it's the case with A5) with a CBD rich strain, because the CBD content in the hybrid will block the qualities from the high THC chemotype of the A5, you will definately will find interesting earlier plants with incensey aromas in a cross of this kind, but i'm sure you will be dissapointed with the smoke, unless you go to F2 generation to select again only for high THC chemotype without CBD, earliness and incensey aromas of your taste, which will take quite a lot of effort and run populations of decent size.

Honestly, if you are looking for a fast flowering and stable strain with complex incensey aromas then Kali China is a great choice ;)

Glad to see the new A5 x Malawi and Nevil x Malawi hybrids already prepared for the flowering, you are going to be the first one to flower these 2 new hybrids if i'm not wrong ... upcoming weeks are going to be exciting! :ying:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Is a pity that the haze A male died,i love the highs from all the A crosses I've grown(not that there are many about!).
Never had any incense smells though,more on the dark leathery,musky,liver and catpissy smells.I'd really like to see an A5/panama cross,could see those 2 mixing well together.

Hi jaded1,

You are right, it's a pitty that Haze A male is no longer alive, it would be great to have had the chance to cross the pure Haze male A with other nice sativa strains without having to add NL5 in the mix, no matter how long the flowering time would be or how would they perform indoors. But life goes on ....

As we speak we are already pollinating A5 and Nevil's haze with Panama Goddess reversed ;) these will be the upcoming hybrids to test using these genetics from Nevil.

Spaventa

Veteran
Honestly, if you are looking for a fast flowering and stable strain with complex incensey aromas then Kali China is a great choice ;)

I hear you about the cross i suggested not being suitable, this is the difference between us - I'm just a grower who wants it bigger, better, faster with and a free gift lol I understand breeders deal with the reality of genetics and its not as simple as it appears.

Kali China is added to my "to do" list, thanks :)

Here are the girls this morning. They have pretty much recovered from transplanting and topping. Hoping they will really pic up now. The snips in the cloner haven't rooted yet but its imminent.
picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
Glad to see the new A5 x Malawi and Nevil x Malawi hybrids already prepared for the flowering, you are going to be the first one to flower these 2 new hybrids if i'm not wrong ... upcoming weeks are going to be exciting! :ying:

They have been on 12/12 for 3 days now.. so yeah, no messing here, I want to be smoking these ladies by end of June :)

I really hope theres variation and a keeper that has nice Malawi expression. I heard recently from a grower who found full on loud Frankincense in his Malawi.
If the incense of the genetics from Neville combine with the Malawi aromas, it could be amazing - I guess this is what Ace were aiming for?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Spaventa,

The main goal with these first Malawi crosses is try to reach even higher levels of potency and very long lasting rocket trip effects, although Malawi also contributes with great yields, tight buds, high flower/leaf ratio, very high resin production and huge trichome size. Both A5 and Malawi are exceptional in potency so if both blend well in this F1 the results can be outstanding, but we never know until test the offspring.

I think the upcoming A5 x Panama Goddess and Nevil's x Panama Goddess hybrids we are already producing will have much more potential to produce the loud incense aromas you are looking for .... Panama Goddess is also amazing regarding incensey aromas, so combined with the A5's aromas the terpene result could be a haze incensey heaven. :)

B

beanz

Hi beanz,

So glad you have had the chance to receive these and already started them, they are gonna rock in your outdoor garden and under your good cares. Can't wait to see progresses. All the best!

its late in the season , so they are outdoors under supplement light atm . another 2 weeks in veg and I,ll let start there grow and flower .

should be nice plants .

Spaventa

Veteran
Hi Spaventa,

The main goal with these first Malawi crosses is try to reach even higher levels of potency and very long lasting rocket trip effects, although Malawi also contributes with great yields, tight buds, high flower/leaf ratio, very high resin production and huge trichome size. Both A5 and Malawi are exceptional in potency so if both blend well in this F1 the results can be outstanding, but we never know until test the offspring.

I think the upcoming A5 x Panama Goddess and Nevil's x Panama Goddess hybrids we are already producing will have much more potential to produce the loud incense aromas you are looking for .... Panama Goddess is also amazing regarding incensey aromas, so combined with the A5's aromas the terpene result could be a haze incensey heaven. :)

I NEED these for my October run Dubi. Please let me know as soon as I can buy some PLEASE :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Don't worry friend, they are not for sale, we are just testing combinations at the moment .... but if everything goes well with the seed reproduction i will be more than happy to send you some to try for free as soon as the seeds are ready ;)

Koondense

Veteran
I'll pop a Nevil's Haze x Malawi Killer seed very soon(for my upcoming impro grow) but don't tell anyone! ;)

Cheers

Spaventa

Veteran
Don't worry friend, they are not for sale, we are just testing combinations at the moment .... but if everything goes well with the seed reproduction i will be more than happy to send you some to try for free as soon as the seeds are ready ;)

:thank you:

power puff

The two a5 malawi's are doing well, I just cut snips off them to flower out outdoors in early summer using light dep, along with zamldelica and killer malawi.

Strong growth nice branches and hungry for food, not much else to report at this stage.
Hope the snips root well and the outdoor weather changes to push away the cold and gives us some sunshine when they are rooted.....

I have grown panama too, liked them a lot growth wise, but honestly the smoke has something I don't like... it starts really well but it wears out into a bit dull tired effect after a while. So I dunno if they are a great cannadate for the magic A5. Just my personal experience / opinion...

The proof of the pudding is in the eating right?

Spaventa

Veteran
Yes power puff, until I light up that first test smoke, it all hopes and dreams :)
Good to hear yours are doing well.

Heres all my backup snips

picture.php

I don't label most plants - i just draw a map of all the sites and label that and keep it in my pocket. I got pissed off of them getting mixed up and illegible from environment and growth.
That might belong in the tips tries and anything useful thread.. ah well

day 5 of 12/12
picture.php

power puff

Spaventa, the backup snips look well... you might consider plant tags that you attach around the stem?

Me being a stoner would move plants around at a certain moment and loose track, even with a treasure map in my pocket....LOL

Spaventa

Veteran
Spaventa, the backup snips look well... you might consider plant tags that you attach around the stem?

Me being a stoner would move plants around at a certain moment and loose track, even with a treasure map in my pocket....LOL

Thats it - stoners are bound to get in a mess occasionally we just have to accept it lol
I only kept 2 clones for years - An 1980s haze hybrid called krisskross - Silver Haze x Skunk#1 x Oranjebud x Hawaiian, that and the Bro Grimm Apollo11 genius phenotype clone given to me by the original grower from 2000.
They were so different in every way I couldn't mix them up.
Losing the krisskross is why Ive been on a Haze hunt ever since. She was my Frankincense for a long time.

JohnnyChicago

I have grown panama too, liked them a lot growth wise, but honestly the smoke has something I don't like... it starts really well but it wears out into a bit dull tired effect after a while. So I dunno if they are a great cannadate for the magic A5. Just my personal experience / opinion...

The proof of the pudding is in the eating right?

Panama is the strain that is giving the best and most consistent results of all my Original Haze crosses and if i had to choose a strain to cross with the A5 cut (that I used to smoke for over a decade) I would choose Panama all the time.
Both the lemony incense and the stimulating clean effect of the Panama and the leathery incense and clean head effect of the Haze do complement each other very well. It will have potential for loud incense aromas like Dubi wrote, but I don't think for frankincense.

J

jaded1

Looking good bro.
Yeah the incense smells are supposed to come from the A crosses but never got any in the couple of crosses I've ran :)
Good to hear that Dubi!Will def get a couple of packs when they get released.Cant see any reason why that cross won't have some killer plants in it.

Latest posts

Latest posts