What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Ethiopian, Panama x Honduras, Panama, Golden Tiger and Kalichina x Zamaldel

Tangwena

Veteran
Week 12

Week 12

picture.php
Sorry the pictures are not that good but when I harvest each plant I will get some good close ups of the buds prior to cobbing.

This is week 12 from flower 14 weeks from the flip.
They have been on 10/14 for the last 2 weeks and on 0.6ec nutes to help them finish quickly.

The Golden Tiger and Panama will be chopped at the end of this week.
The Panama x Honduras next week if shes ready but she has a lot of white hairs so I might have to leave her until after New Year when I return from holidays.

The Malawi x Ethiopian will def not be ready before New Year.

G

Gr33nSanta

Hey Tangwena I just want to say hi so I can start following this thread! keep it up!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Tangwena friend! :)

What a pleasure to see your fine sativa ladies close to finish, you have really done a great taming the vigor of these sativa beasts in your indoor space :yes:
The colas and flowers are amazing, i'm really excited to see such nice outcome of the new Panama x Honduras and Malawi/Ethiopian hybrids! :dance013:

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Tangwena friend! :)

What a pleasure to see your fine sativa ladies close to finish, you have really done a great taming the vigor of these sativa beasts in your indoor space :yes:
The colas and flowers are amazing, i'm really excited to see such nice outcome of the new Panama x Honduras and Malawi/Ethiopian hybrids! :dance013:
As always I have to look no further than Ace for great plants man. Even though I only grow a few each time and have no space for pheno hunting.
I always get such amazing plants the looks and smells are everything I seek.
I am on cloud nine with this grow especially the Panama this smells and looks amazing.
The Malawi x Ethiopia is outstanding so delicate and to me very sexy looking buds. This is the smell I grew up with in Africa if the high is as good as I think it will be I need not grow anything else.
The last 5 years of my life have been one long orgy of pot since I found your seeds my friend hats off to you.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Tangwena,

Thanks for sharing your grows with us. Love your choices of strains.
Do you have any idea which malawi x ethiopia cross you have. I see ace has new killer, the old killer, fruity pheno malwai crossed to ethiopian.

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena,

Thanks for sharing your grows with us. Love your choices of strains.
Do you have any idea which malawi x ethiopia cross you have. I see ace has new killer, the old killer, fruity pheno malwai crossed to ethiopian.
No worries my friend these were testers new killer Malawi x Ethiopian.
I also saw the two different crosses and will be beg stealing and borrowing everything I can to get both I love these so much the smell is divine really special something I have been looking for for a long time.

Tangwena

Veteran
Panama and Golden Tiger

Panama and Golden Tiger

Here are some shots of the buds drying. I will be cobbing them up tonight after another day of drying making 3 days since harvest.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

ULMW

Beautiful work and handsome harvest Tangwena! Congratulations ! Panama x GT looking superb!!! Happy Cobbing!

Tangwena

Veteran
Harvest Panam x Honduras 12 weeks 11/13

Harvest Panam x Honduras 12 weeks 11/13

I took the top off the Panama x Honduras today at 12 weeks I am going to dry this for 2 or 3 days then cob her. The lower branches get a feed and then get the chance to fatten up while I am away over Christmas.
The smell is funky lemon this could have a very amusing high I am looking forward to tripping out on this cobbed.
At the moment I am starting to get really high an hour after chewing some GT cob its always overpowering thats why I like it ha ha
The Malawi x Ethiopia get a feed and at least 2 weeks more but they are looking very promising and are another I really cant wait to trip on.

Tangwena

Veteran
Panama x Honduras

Panama x Honduras

These buds have been dried for 2 days and are being cobbed up for curing.
I only took the top off the plant the lower branches will be left another 2 or 3 weeks to fatten up and mature longer.
I have a fat clone of this turning into a big cola at the moment.
I will leave the clones for 13 to 14 weeks to see which I prefer once its cob cured.
The smell of this bud semi dried is devastating much more dark and skunky than the Panama.
I would choose this smell if I was judging on smell alone. I think this is going to be very strong its surprised me I thought the smell was not as strong but as its drying its intensifying.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Malawi x Ethiopian 12 weeks

Malawi x Ethiopian 12 weeks

These flowers are now starting week 13 of actual flowering week 15 since flip.
They are getting quite solid as they mature they were light and airy a few weeks ago. But as they fill out they are getting solid if squeezed gently they dont give.
The smell is not over powering like the Panama more like a sweet perfume of lime and sandalwood.
Its hard to describe other than very fine and subtle getting stronger as they mature.
These buds would not be done justice with a jar cure they would loose a lot of their characteristics as they dry and some people would dismiss them as not strong and probably harsh when smoked.

Fermenting these buds will extend the aromas and produce very trippy effects as they age.
I predict these will be something very special once cob or fermented cured.
I could grow these and no other for ever and not even be curious as to the myriad of other stinky resinous eye candy that exist in the world today for the window shoppers out there.
I will be taking these down at either 13 or 14 weeks I will see how they go. But so far from the smell and looks thay are what I have been looking for for a very long time.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

ULMW

Happy New Year Tamgwena.
Mmm Lovely looking Ethiopian Malawi Ladies.
Yes a nice 14 weeks is where I find Ethiopians best at. As you said a nice sweat and careful cure to bring her into her element.
I alteady know that she has won a special place in your heart and mind as you have been seeking her quite some time now. I do believe that it will evoke distant Afreekan memories and warm your day in the future with even more African uplifting vibes as you chew your first cured cob of this beautiful combo in a few months time.
Sounds like the cross is Ethio dominant with her flavors and aromas. That hard to describe aroma yet same time familiar... Just you wait til she gets the cure and unlocks it even more... A real taste of Africa and for me personally something incredibly special and spiritual.
Enjoy and happy harvest as it comes.
All the best for 2018 onwards. Happy growing!

Green

Veteran
Tang- Thanks for the updates. I really like your notes on the Panama x Honduras, Smelling more devastating and dark then Panama. Sounds good.
How is the bud structure inside? How much airier then Panama. And also the internodal distance vs Panama. Essentially I need more tropical blood in aces Panama lol

I think Panama x Honduras may have made the list for Spring.

Keep us posted

Cpt00tbk

Lovely thread !
Thank's buddy
Waiting for cure and smoke report... i will try cob too one of thease day.

Happy new year !!!

Tangwena

Veteran
Tang- Thanks for the updates. I really like your notes on the Panama x Honduras, Smelling more devastating and dark then Panama. Sounds good.
How is the bud structure inside? How much airier then Panama. And also the internodal distance vs Panama. Essentially I need more tropical blood in aces Panama lol

I think Panama x Honduras may have made the list for Spring.

Keep us posted
Hi my friend I will try and answer your questions
The buds are looser than the Panamas I have grown by about 25%.
The internodal space about the same this plant produced a lot of buds and the cola ended up just as big as the Panama.
It was grown under 11/13 from week one so that limited its development a lot.
I couldn't help myself and chewed a piece of the unmatured cob after drying. Mainly to experience the taste as the smell was driving me crazy.
The taste was like disinfectant very strong almost pine taste.
Of course the high effect was to soon to judge but very up and stimulating, after maturing and aging it could be very different from the dreamy Panama effect.
If you are looking for an injection of energy into Panama this could be it. I would grow it again based on the smell and taste alone.
I am looking forward to trying this again after a month or two of aging.

Tangwena

Veteran
Happy New Year Tamgwena.
Mmm Lovely looking Ethiopian Malawi Ladies.
Yes a nice 14 weeks is where I find Ethiopians best at. As you said a nice sweat and careful cure to bring her into her element.
I alteady know that she has won a special place in your heart and mind as you have been seeking her quite some time now. I do believe that it will evoke distant Afreekan memories and warm your day in the future with even more African uplifting vibes as you chew your first cured cob of this beautiful combo in a few months time.
Sounds like the cross is Ethio dominant with her flavors and aromas. That hard to describe aroma yet same time familiar... Just you wait til she gets the cure and unlocks it even more... A real taste of Africa and for me personally something incredibly special and spiritual.
Enjoy and happy harvest as it comes.
All the best for 2018 onwards. Happy growing!
Thank you brother I didn't do a great job on these I could easily have grown them a lot better with more care.
But I have a clone growing in the sun outside as well as a Golden Tiger and the difference in leaf color and energy is amazing.
I will post pics when she gets bigger, although for security reasons I am keeping her trained low like a creeper which is easy as she bends and teases easily.
If she is as good as she smells I will probably grow her again on her own and get her big and strong under lights.
The smell is exactly what I like in a plant and has seduced me big time.

Tangwena

Veteran
Malawi/Ethiopian gold in the making

Malawi/Ethiopian gold in the making

Last Malawi x Ethiopian plant came down at 14 weeks actual flowering time 16 weeks since flip.
This was my fav pheno of the two phenos I flowered.
Both were good with very slightly different aromas.

The bag appeal of these buds once dried would have been low but the cob appeal is very high. These are perfect for this cure and I predict some very trippy deep effects will come from these babies in 2 or 3 months after a month or two of aging.

They will be sweated at 40c for 24hrs then cured in the unopened vac bag for a week or 2 before being part dried and re sealed under vacuum for a month to cure/age.
After that they will just get better and better like fine wine as they age.
Pure bliss I will post pics once they are properly cured.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

ULMW

Lovely Lovely Lovely Herbs!! African Herb - Enjoy your cobs and your harvest. Thanks for sharing. Am hoping to run this combo in fem form in the coming months. Happy New Year Tangwena 2018!

Ncali

Veteran
Oh the cobs are looking like they will turn out alright! Those buds look mighty fine on their own, though. How does the smell change with the cob? Pardon, I'm new to the procedure...

Latest posts

Latest posts