What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my ACE journey begins

Samuel Caldwell

Couple new pictures. The girls have been topdressed with EWC and I've been watering them with some fish hydrolysate. Just over 3 weeks 12/12.

My Tikal gals are very sweet smelling, but different. My initial reaction is #1 has the peach scent and #2 is more strawberry but I'll get my wife's opinion to confirm.

#1 - full garden pic, T1 on the left and T2 on the right, just behind the purple haze up front.
#2 - T1 flower
#3 - T2 flower

picture.php

View image in gallery
picture.php

View image in gallery

Samuel Caldwell

I only kept one of each of the clones. It was difficult tossing healthy female plants but I just don't have room for everything. They got repotted this morning. Tikal gals are on the left. (purple haze bagseed in the center, white cookies bagseed top right, booberry kush bottom right)

Samuel Caldwell

It seems I need to stick with larger pots to run full organic for a complete cycle. I bought a bottle of organic bloom fertilizer and the gals are responding nicely. Tikal 2 has greened up considerably, T1 not as much but T1's flowers look further along than T2. My photos still look a bit yellower than in person. I'm guessing it's the cmh light and my phone camera.

6 weeeks of 12/12 today

pic 1 - T1 - she's the green flowers running up through the center of the pic
pics 2-3 - T1 flowers

Samuel Caldwell

Here's the clones, a couple days short of 2 weeks 12/12. This is normally my veg tent but I decided to flip it to flower to keep this round a bit more manageable. I've got rooted clones of all of these, too. DIY LED light with mix of warm and cool bulbs gives some plants a yellower look in the tent.

They've been doing well with water only but I started giving them a light bottle feeding, too, to avoid the issues I'm having on my first run.

pic 1 - group shot -T1 is back left corner, T2 is front righ
pic 2 - T1
pic 3 - T2

Theorganicguy

Here's the clones, a couple days short of 2 weeks 12/12. This is normally my veg tent but I decided to flip it to flower to keep this round a bit more manageable. I've got rooted clones of all of these, too. DIY LED light with mix of warm and cool bulbs gives some plants a yellower look in the tent.

They've been doing well with water only but I started giving them a light bottle feeding, too, to avoid the issues I'm having on my first run.

pic 1 - group shot -T1 is back left corner, T2 is front righ
pic 2 - T1
pic 3 - T2

Great plants Samuel! You truly have a green thumb! I'm drooling only thinking about some peach tasting herb. Never had something like that, that's for sure! Awaiting a smoke report someday ;)

Friendly greetings and a nice flowering :tiphat:

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks, Theorganicguy! Life got in the way of gardening for a few years but I'm getting back into it and loving it!

I've been kind of winging it for these first grows, throwing stuff together to get by. I'm getting settled into our new home, getting my garden room set up, working my soil. Things will only get better.

My T1 smells of strawberry perhaps, with some spicy incense underneath. My T2 is really developing into a big, sweet, strong peach! I've never had anything like this, either. She looks like she's got a ways to go before she's done. Hope she keeps going!

Cheers!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Samuel,

Glad to know your are moving to a new home, hope is move for better :yes:

As we commented in pms, small pots (even with a very rich soil mix) won't provide enough nutrients for the whole flowering with such big plants. So, with the use of bigger pots and with a correct fertilization your plants will be much healthier in flowering stage, producing bigger yields of better quality.

Glad you are finding strawberry, peach and incense aromas in your 2 Tikal females, these are the signature aromas of the best Tikals (at least regarding terpenes) ....
you will know it better when they are close harvest.

Samuel Caldwell

9 weeks flower, looks like I've got two very different phenos. My Tikal1 looks like she'll finish in the 10-12 week range as Ace describes. My Tikal2, however, has quite a ways to go. This run hasn't been my best--starved and then burned--but the clones, which are 4.5 weeks flower, are doing much better. *knock on wood* I'll take notes from this first round and compare to the clones. I've also got clones of the clones in veg. Gotta figure out what to do with them soon.

pic 1 - T1 bud
pic 2 - T1 clone tops
pic 3 - T1 clone bud

deepwaterdude

New round is looking very nice, Samuel! I bet the plants will express themselves much better in flower this time. Just this AM I broke out a bud of Tikal from my first Ace grow. Can't believe I still have 1/2 ounce left. Agreeable after 2 year's cure;) Halfway through a spliff my eyes are deeply softened and I'm feeling positive, physically light and a bit mentally sparky. May go flyfishing;)
Enjoy your babes, dee

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks, guys.

I agree, dwd, the 2nd round is doing much better. I'm taking the first run with a big grain of salt, knowing that subsequent runs will be better as I get my room and soil set up. Despite what I've been showing so far, I actually do know what I'm doing. Just gotta back it up, especially now, since my new order showed up in the mail today.

Not our day jobs but I'm a musician and my wife's a photographer and we like smoke that stimulates creativity. Per dubi's recommendation, I went with Bangi Haze x Ethiopian regs. A bit of research turns up quotes like the following. Oh yeah.
...I'm sure you are going to love it, this african cross was the favourite weed of our team to smoke while working during last Spannabis, visitors loved it as well ;) Super clean and uplifting qualities, really motivating and well focused, without any racyness, heavyness or paranoia, just well focused energy and blessed feelings...

I've also been researching high cbd strains and dubi was kind enough to send me some Lebanese x ErdPurt testers! Wow! :D But wait, there's more! As a freebie to go along with my BHxEP order I received an ErdPurt fem! Double wow! :biggrin::biggrin: It'll be fun to run the EP alongside the LebxEP. I'll make room in my garden to get things rolling ASAP.

G

Most of the time ,if it's got no heaviness or paranoia I think it is weak :biggrin: (kidding) Sounds like a real treat!

Second run looks great!But I foresee a lot of bud coming your way from the first run,too! :)

Good luck :tiphat:

Samuel Caldwell

I've named my basement gardening room the Flower Bunker, as it's a small corner concrete room in the back of the basement. We're guessing that it was originally the back cellar entry or possibly a cistern (the house is 100+ years old) but who knows. Anyway, I'm still working on setting it up.

I'm currently running two 315 watt cmh lights and I've got a third, waiting to be installed. Temps are a little high already and a third light would put me over the top for sure so I've got to upgrade my ventilation first. I'm running one 4" squirrel cage fan and carbon filter currently and I'm planning on adding another 4" fan/filter combo. That should give me plenty of air turnover to lower my temps and two carbon filters for air cleaning. I'm running an active air intake using my old modified Stanley blower. I'm running my air ventilation intake low to take advantage of the naturally lower temps and exhaust vents are at the ceiling.

I'll be running one organic no-till 20 gallon geopot under each light. I mixed up my soil in my basement, it's been sitting down there for a couple months, underneath some plastic sheets. Needless to say, my wife is happy that it's moving along and will soon be cleaned up.