What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chronos bag-seed coco grow

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Herm out whitha perm out

hahahhahaa

JenniferFINAL1.jpg

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Welp each plant certainly has its own character. I will be supportive of whatever life choices each one makes.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
2 weeks and a day

2 weeks and a day

All cuts show roots and look great! This is the first time I've cloned the first top from seed, I'm impressed with their vigor.

Cut number 3 took 14 days to show roots, but only a few days behind the others. 10 - 14 days to root in coco, it seems for me, sometimes longer. Plant 3 was also the runt and is so far the shortest with more compact growth and is also the most symmetrical of the six plants. I'm surprised how different they all are growing.

You can see what cut is a little beat and that's the number 3 but it still has decent color and good turgor. I let it suck up some water and fed some down the side yesterday and this seemed to kickstart the roots.

All the cuts were mostly left alone, I kept the tray they sat in wet between the grooves most of the time, spraying down low when it looked dry. The only cut I added water to was the 3 a few days ago. A very small amount of water.

Normally I would start feeding cuts with roots like these right away but I'm going to split the difference to let 3 and 4 catch up. In a few days they will get 0.6ec

These shits will be catching up soon enough, looks like I get to see how they grow vertical and topped. Sweet.

Levitationofme

Some people have the touch with cloning.

My dad fairly indiscriminately cuts off parts and puts the tops in soil and he gets
more then enough to grow. I have seen Horticultural grads with Scalpels, Bug Suits, Hormones and near lab like conditions fail horribly.

fickle finger of fate

Your craft is always improving I see.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Thanks for dropping by Levitate, good to see you :tiphat:

And thanks for the kind words, I've been growing nonstop since I started last October. Feeding plants and hanging out on the icmag is a big part of my days. Cloning certainly is a tricky thing and you got no idea how happy I am all those cuts took. Prior to this and getting a cookie plant ri root I was at like a %100 strike rate to failure, that is. I couldn't clone shit.

How's things growing in yr garden?

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Thanks man!

I used Garden Safe TakeRoot powder this time. I think I like it better than gel and it sticks just fine, in fact it seems the plant tissue is likely to draw the hormone into itself as its own moisture dissolves the dry powder. It adhered just fine to the stems without dipping in water, but my room is pretty humid. Hot humid weather we're having here.

Thanks for stopping in :tiphat:

gr866

Veteran
Hey bud,
Subbed, looking forward to watching your grow. I am just a bit behind you in time. I am about twenty plus days from sprout.
Doing coco, vertical with screens, Blumats in 2 gallon smart pots. Three Blue Cheese and two Critical Kush.
Take a look when you have the time. Can always us a second set of eyes.

GR

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Welcome!

Dude, your setup looks so good so far and nice selections too. I'm going to have a lot of questions for you I can tell and def subbed in for the show.

Sick

Latest posts

Latest posts