What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Purple Clouds - Those are gorgeous Red Thai buds. Nicely done.
:tiphat:
I have some Koh Chang seeds that I believe are referred to as Red Thai. Apparently, I really need to sprout them. Can you write up a smoke report of those buds you had?

Thanks in advance,

ThaiBliss

L

laredo

I have some Koh Chang seeds that I believe are referred to as Red Thai.

ThaiBliss

Let me tell you a short story.
I`m a South-East Asia lover and I was landing if i count right till now 45 times in Bangkok comming from Europa.
You know Thailand have 2 Koh Changs?
One in the east near Cambodia and one near Ranong or Burma,near Koh Phayam??

https://na.tourismthailand.org/Attraction/Koh-Chang--1130

I was many times on the east Koh Chang mostly on the White Sand Beach.There i met a german woman who runs a backpackers bungallow place since many years,near there where when you walk on the beach you have to pass tru a restaurant,no other way to walk.
I told her the story from the cannabis strain "Wild Thailand" from WOS grown on this island.If she can help me to get seeds.She was only laughing and told me all the cannabis which you can buy on the island is comming from Cambodia!
The whole island is only mountains and beaches,no way to grow maybe a few plants in the mountains but to develop a great strain????
I think that today you can not buy a real South-East Asian sativa landrace whitout mixed with some others,hybrids.
I dont understand why the real good seed companies like ACE are not selling the true real landraces?????
I`m sure they have the real ones.
NO hybrids please, no matter which crosses!
I can cross my self.

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I`m a South-East Asia lover and I was landing if i count right till now 45 times in Bangkok comming from Europa.

I was many times on the east Koh Chang mostly on the White Sand Beach.There i met a german woman who runs a backpackers bungallow place since many years,near there where when you walk on the beach you have to pass tru a restaurant,no other way to walk.
I told her the story from the cannabis strain "Wild Thailand" from WOS grown on this island.If she can help me to get seeds.She was only laughing and told me all the cannabis which you can buy on the island is comming from Cambodia!
The whole island is only mountains and beaches,no way to grow maybe a few plants in the mountains but to develop a great strain????
I think that today you can not buy a real South-East Asian sativa landrace whitout mixed with some others,hybrids.
I dont understand why the real good seed companies like ACE are not selling the true real landraces?????
I can cross my self.

G `day L

I said the same as the German lady to Dubi !
There might be a cpl of plants in some ones house garden . But a commercial crop to supply tourists . I highly doubt .

I have seen the same brick weed from one end of Thailand to the other .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

herbgreen

Veteran
I can cross my self.

Ethiopian

Honduras

Malawi

Lebanese

...off the top of my head

I guess nobody can win around here

You sell landraces then you sold out and its too wild

You work the strains then its too worked and not pure

You make a workable cross with the best of both worlds its too expensive and sold out

Cant win....and if you dont sell and keep private you are too elite

Best I can say is You try it....see what happens!:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

Veteran

I can cross my self.

"So you are telling me I have a chance?"

Are you telling me I have actually stumbled onto the legendary Cambodian Red?!!!!
:woohoo:
It matters not, to me, how we refer to it, only if it is good, if it has the S.E. Asian vibe of the high (powerful, electric, trippy), and we can refer to it in a way that we can talk about the same thing that others have experience with.

G `day L

I said the same as the German lady to Dubi !
There might be a cpl of plants in some ones house garden . But a commercial crop to supply tourists . I highly doubt .

I have seen the same brick weed from one end of Thailand to the other .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Hi EB!

I believe you that the vast majority of the weed in Thailand is from Cambodia. I have heard this from various sources. But I laugh at the reasoning of the German. I live in the most ruggedly mountainous county in Oregon. Very steep slopes that are extremely difficult to walk up or down. It is one of two counties, the other also being very mountainous, that due to climate and large areas of wilderness provided the opportunity to hide and grow marijuana gardens, big and small. It also used to be the target of National Guard, and at least once, U.S. Army helicopter yearly assaults lasting 2 or 3 months looking for Cannabis plants. You could hear the whop, whop, whop of the distinctive Bell Huey helicopter blades all day long, every day, day in and day out. Yet these two counties in Oregon that comprised of maybe 15% of the Oregon landmass made Oregon the second biggest state supplier of illegal Cannabis for the entire United States, second only to California. You would not believe the effort and ingenuity of those guerrilla gardeners. Image, in the heyday, getting $4,000.00 per pound for buds. This provided strong incentive in an otherwise relatively poor part of the country. I know people who actually rigged large pots in tree branches to grow plants relatively undetected from the ground and nearer to filtered light of thick forest. I'm quite sure you can hear similar stories from California, Hawaii, Kentucky, and other states where wilderness, climate, and poverty provided incentive and opportunities.

Just telling tales,

ThaiBliss

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i have some thai seeds that are still sold via a well known seed company , he has several thai strains , and some laos or thai x laos ,

the pictures purple clouds shared earlier in this thread are from that company ,
they are around laredo ,
and they are thai and not hybridized ...

heck even that compressed stuff that gets sold in thailand now has seed in it and would grow you some pretty wild south east asian weed , non hybridized ...

or go next door to laos and find some ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Real seed company ,, not sure im allowed to mention but think maha did already , so there u go ,
noted some real nice pics on fb of that mango thai the other day , man thats some nice looking stuff ...

baduy

Durban Poison
picture.php

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Alien weed :)

Alien weed :)

hello haze lovers,
let me introduce the alien weed :)

picture.php

picture.php

:peacock:
wonder of da nature...
M.:tiphat:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Panama x original haze
The most beautiful female,
Three plants, three females, a nightmare for those who, like me, are interested in the production of seeds ...
Hehehe
picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
How come?

Because I have no males of this strain to use to make seeds,i have one cut of zamaldelica male to cross with this female, but that's another project ....
I was thinking to oldtimer haze but I only grow outdoors and now it's a little late ...

green-genes77

Veteran
Durban Poison

Durban Poison

Descended from Dutch Passion stock c. 2000. This is the earlier genotype, though not my favorite. She's got very attractive leaf blades and really packs on the flowers, and the terps tend toward the turpentine and fuel part of the spectrum. A tasty sativa.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts