What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
A pound of seeds costs the same as a pound of weed. $250. Lol I lost 2 lbs I had someone send me in the mail to Customs. I'll go this winter and send 5 from different routes. The seeds I had I muled in my granola bars.

romanoweed

Tycho,
you can place two , or even more Layers of Greenhouse-foil. The Science behind is that Air transports well Temperatures. So if you wanna block Temperature-Exchange then you would have to block more Air. Thats why These airy Michelin-man-Jackets Isolate. they are only thin Material, but they hold Air in Place. So, Holding Air in Place with as many Layers is what you Need to doo. The more Layers, the more in-Place-Blockage. I think you know that thats why you choose buuble-wrap. Im shure it works too. ! Honduras is nice Plant.

Actually one could really try adding like 10 Layers, i suggest with the slightest Sun-Rays your house may Heatup to Summertemps, aswell as preserve remaining Heat a while during Night

romanoweed

Very good Solution you found for your Earth Problem. Thats why they damped of after just after a while, cause at lower Depth the Grounds Ph had to Change.. I think i got it, so when the Roots was smaller they reached not as steep and needed certain Ph, but as soon as they got deeper they needed other Soil.. aha, aha

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
A nice Wild Honduras (HxH) Cross

A nice Wild Honduras (HxH) Cross

Had to cut it a little early for my taste... I'm sure it would have turned completely purple (as her parents).

picture.php

I know I’m late to the party on this but damn. I just ordered some Honduras seeds and judging by this thread it’s looking to be exactly what I wanted, a happy, not-too-strong, clean Central American. I got 20 seeds coming, I’m hoping I can find some good green “Mexican” type phenos in there. I really enjoy this kind of bud, the happy stuff you can roll a big joint of and smoke without overdoing it. Yields look great too! Sometimes a boatload of trichomes and rock hard buds just doesn’t cut it. This is my kind of weed.

Boocoodinkydow

I’m envious of all the Honduras I’ve seen here with the beautiful hues of blues and purples. I’m pleased with the one I’ve got growing but the growth characteristics are radically different from most that I’ve seen. The pistils of mine are beginning to turn shades of brown. I’ve seen references of different Pheno types and I’m wondering if someone might be able to give me a clue as to what I’ve got?

picture.php

This was at 6 weeks under 7) 10.5w SIL’s using 12/12 from seed light schedule. I was just beginning to see a few pistils at this stage and transitioned to some 18w LED tubes hung vertically in front of the plant.

picture.php

picture.php

This is at 13 weeks, 7 weeks into flowering. It has reached 56” in height. Is this looking proper for a Honduras strain?

Lotto

Boocoo, could you tell me the total watts this plant is seeing, screw ins and tubes. Thanks.

Boocoodinkydow

Boocoo, could you tell me the total watts this plant is seeing, screw ins and tubes. Thanks.

Hello, Lotto.

The first 6 weeks was under 7) 10.5w screw in LED’s with the domes removed. If my math’s right that’s 73.5 total watts. The inspiration was from all the contributors in Blynx long running thread on the subject.

At 6 weeks the plant had reached 39”. Since LED’s fall short on penetration properties, I felt the midsection of the plant would suffer from light deprivation if I continued this route.

I’d never tried a vertical grow but the way things were shaping up, I thought that this plant might be a prime subject for some experimentation. I removed the SIL’s, lashed her to the back wall of the cabinet, did a little pruning of fan leaves and placed 11) 4’ 18w LED tubes vertically in front of her. That’s just shy of 200w total.

picture.php

This is a pic of one frame with 7 bulbs in place.

She took to the new light quite well and shot up almost 18” in about a week. I think she’s happy. This has the potential of being the most productive plant I’ve ever grown. Color me happy!!

I’ve got a diary slowly evolving. Love to have you stop by. Haven’t learned how to pin a link to my signature yet but the thread title is “Tribulations of an Absentee Gardener”.

Lotto

Thanks Boo. Phenomenal results from not a great amount of light. Good call on the vertical. You would have had to lay this plant down with overhead lighting to achieve what you've done with going vertical. I hope those wire panels are firmly secured. I can see this monster doing a flying Walenda. Please continue to post pics in the coming weeks.

SolarLogos

I know I’m late to the party on this but damn. I just ordered some Honduras seeds and judging by this thread it’s looking to be exactly what I wanted, a happy, not-too-strong, clean Central American. I got 20 seeds coming, I’m hoping I can find some good green “Mexican” type phenos in there. I really enjoy this kind of bud, the happy stuff you can roll a big joint of and smoke without overdoing it. Yields look great too! Sometimes a boatload of trichomes and rock hard buds just doesn’t cut it. This is my kind of weed.
You found it. It's been my morning smoke with coffee for the past year and a half. You won't really have to look far to find a keeper with Honduran.
Peace,
God bless

Boocoodinkydow

Thanks Boo. Phenomenal results from not a great amount of light. Good call on the vertical. You would have had to lay this plant down with overhead lighting to achieve what you've done with going vertical. I hope those wire panels are firmly secured. I can see this monster doing a flying Walenda. Please continue to post pics in the coming weeks.

Thanx, Lotto. I definitely had reservations about my choice initially since it was only supplying an anemic 30w/square foot. By the end of the first week after the transition, however, my worries were put to rest.

Be proud to drop a pic of the progress occasionally.

BCDD

Solarlogos, thanks for the info! I love nice stimulating strains like that, I’ll be sure to post pictures and my experiences with it once I’ve got some beans growing. God bless you too man.

Boocoo, your plant looks awesome. I’ve never tried a vertical light before, but I can’t argue with those results with that wattage! You’ve got me scheming on a future vertical setup now. How are you liking LEDs? I’ve heard people knock them but I use them to flower my indoor plants and never had any issues, gotten results that are easily comparable to HPS flowered stuff my friends have grown.

Boocoodinkydow

Solarlogos, thanks for the info! I love nice stimulating strains like that, I’ll be sure to post pictures and my experiences with it once I’ve got some beans growing. God bless you too man.

Boocoo, your plant looks awesome. I’ve never tried a vertical light before, but I can’t argue with those results with that wattage! You’ve got me scheming on a future vertical setup now. How are you liking LEDs? I’ve heard people knock them but I use them to flower my indoor plants and never had any issues, gotten results that are easily comparable to HPS flowered stuff my friends have grown.

Thanx, Sgt. This is my third grow with the cheap LED’s and I’ve been relatively pleased. The rewards versus cost are unrivaled by any other light system I’ve used. The lack of light penetration capabilities is the biggest drawback in my opinion but this can be easily remedied by proficient use of a scrog setup. I tried this once but failed miserably! Thus the experimentation with this vertical grow. Looks like it’s going to be pretty productive with minimum effort. Yeah, I’m a tight, lazy sob so this is working great for me.

Well it looks like you’re doing great! I’m a notorious cheap bastard and I’ve noticed great results from $80 no name Chinese LED’s, agreed it’s all about how you train the plant and I’ve noticed the spectrum as well. I just show people my results or let them try the finished product and then tell them it’s from an LED, then they’re not as quick to knock it! But they do work great for equatorial sativas imo since they tend to be leggy, with proper training light penetration hasn’t been an issue for me yet. The true test will be stockier indicas. Anyway, great plant can’t wait to see how she finishes up. Nice to know I’m not the only cheap LED grower out there!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yea yeah... I grow with cheap LEDs in the house all the time. Mostly to make a few seeds and have some fun in the off season.

picture.php
picture.php

That said, I've been itching to pull the trigger on some Spider Farmer LEDs and a tent.

Lookin good man! It’s honestly shocking what can be done for the wattage on LEDs. I might just acquire a CMH soon, been hearing good things about them and they’re pretty economical.

SolarLogos

Yea yeah... I grow with cheap LEDs in the house all the time. Mostly to make a few seeds and have some fun in the off season.

View Image View Image

That said, I've been itching to pull the trigger on some Spider Farmer LEDs and a tent.
Good Seeing you TM. Have those Hondurans had a cure yet? Let us know if you get the leds and how they work. I've been eyeing those also. Wife gave the ok for an 8x8 foot grow room, but she gave me a budget:shucks:. I'm thinking of putting 4 of those in Spider Farmer LEDs in, along with a 50watt flower initiator 730nm Far Red phyto-dep light
https://www.growlightsource.com/50-watt-flower-initiator-730nm-far-red-phyto-dep/
I can add on from there as budge allows.
SL