What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sweet tooth #4, Romulan

outsmokin04

Ok, so I am growing some St#4 clones and have been having quite a time of it...I used fox farm ocean forest potting soil and am just trying to veg them out to get some clones to put in a hydro setup...the leaves have burnt and the stems and branches are purple...I have fed them distilled H2O and earth juice grow, bloom, micro, and catalyst.. (5ml/gal each) They are under a 400 MH and are getting CO2...24/0...My soil Ph is 6.8 and I am getting yellowing leaves and then they burn and fall off....However, some leaves are cupping upward and turning a splotchy brown...it seemed to effect older growth first and mostly on the mainstem fan leaves...I flushed the soil with 1/4 strength grow and micro and they seem to get a little better, but the burning is still continuing up the leaves....if anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated...thanks

G

Sounds to me like nutrient overload. Your fox farms soil already has nutritional value to it, so you dont need to them as often. A good flush with distilled water and patience should help the situation. Once your plant has been over fertilized, theres not much you can do but flush and be patient.

good luck man

outsmokin04

I went ahead and leached the soil using clearex...i then ran 10 gals/plant of water through the soild...we'll see what happens

Funk

foxfarm's stuff

foxfarm's stuff

Have experience with both the soil and nutes. Yeah, like said above, sounds like a nutrient overload. In my experience fox farm has been wonderful at not only making shiny cool graphics but also making ferts that are really flexible, i.e. it's hard to fucks things up with them.

Good luck friend, my love and good funk goes out to your plants.

-funker

Last edited:

outsmokin04

so it's been about 3-4 days since i leached the soil....and the plants are discoloring yellow and a brown, mottled, splotchiness on the mainstem leaves...purple stems and petioles are also occurring...i mived up a gal of earth juice grow, bloom (2-1-1)(0-3-1) 5ml/gal...and watered 8 plants with that one gallon...hopefully by pulling all the nutes out and then slowly replacing them i can get my girls a lil' healthier...thanks for all the replies

Funk

Well, i wouldn't have referted at all, but the flushing was a good plan. Maybe slow down on the old fert time table?

-funker

TCM

I agree with everyone slow up on the ferts...fox farm potting soil will hold the plants 4 weeks easy w/o addition of any nutrients...

also like they said flush and be patient...all problems really do is set the grow back a few weeks,....flushing again might be a good idea since you gave it even more ferts....or just a soil change in whole if its not too much hassle...

Telepod

dude it's a plant, leave it alone

dude it's a plant, leave it alone

These things aren't exactly orchids ;) or even difficult to grow, most of the time new growers end up getting in the way more than they help. You got the best dirt on the market, what more do plants need than good dirt, water and light?

if you are just vegging these plants to take clones from, they don't need jack crap from you except to be left alone and watered before they go bone dry (but not too frequently either). I would recommend watering with a dose of Superthrive before cutting clones, it's a b-vitamin supplement and I think it may help with transplant shock and stress in general. Besides which at 1 drop to the gallon concentration it's very safe to use.

Flowering is really when you will want to experiment with all those different potions you got; even still don't just add them willy-nilly but read up on the best schedules to follow and what phase of growth they are ideally suited for. Too little additives is ALWAYS better than too much! In good soil you will almost never see deficiencies, and they aren't hard to adjust for... excesses as you are seeing can be more tricky.

oh, read up on the CO2 also, you might be able to sae yerself some $$, I don't think the plants use it 24/7 and it sounds like you siad you supply constant CO2... is your room sealed? you also don't want to exhaust CO2 instead of using it... timers & cycles are the usual solution

good luck!

-Telepod

Latest posts

Latest posts