What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Everybody here wants legal cannabis, but........................... .................

shaggyballs

Veteran
Ok, so everyone here wants some form of legal Cannabis, thats a no brainer!

But what kind of legalization should we accept?
Should we accept any and all offers?
Should we hold out till we get exactly what we think we deserve.

Lets weigh the Pros and Cons of this touchy subject!
I would like to know what do you think?

All replies are welcome here!
Please feel free to rant and rave if you wish.
Lets get down to the Nitty Gritty so to speak!

thethymeisNOW

THIS KIND OF LEGALIZATION ---> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=312239

THE RIGHT TO HOMEGROW!!!

You started a ranting thread advocating to VOTE NO! without even considering the initiatives that support the right to HOMEGROW! Thanks to that, 45,000+ views later I wonder how many people only took away your message to vote no without understanding why you posted it.

Florida is on the verge of allowing homegrow if we can get the word out, and it seems all i'm seeing out there is bad info.

Littleleaf

Veteran
Only if ALL of the people whom have ever been convicted of a cannabis crime, have their records wiped clean and all rights returned.

Is that asking to much?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Only if ALL of the people whom have ever been convicted of a cannabis crime, have their records wiped clean and all rights returned.

Is that asking to much?

so, in order to keep folks from being arrested TOMORROW, we have to get the powers that be to agree to pardon everyone arrested in the past? every day without legalization, MORE people get busted and have their lives sent off the tracks. how about we stop the bleeding FIRST, then build upon that & vote on record expungement down the road. and yes, i've been busted for it, lost jobs over it. would i like my record wiped clean? sure, but that isn't going to get my jobs/back pay for me. let's concentrate on preventing others from being hurt right now...:tiphat:

amanda88

The 'right ' to home grow is a great start, tho the Dutch coffeeshop method is a grand way to socially legalize weed, or the US dispensary method is the same, having it legal is just that ...open them doors ...I say

shaggyballs

Veteran
THIS KIND OF LEGALIZATION ---> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=312239

THE RIGHT TO HOMEGROW!!!

You started a ranting thread advocating to VOTE NO! without even considering the initiatives that support the right to HOMEGROW! I did no such thing, maybe try rereading the thread. The whole point of the thread is to point out that legalization needs to include home growing is Thanks to that, 45,000+ views later I wonder how many people only took away your message to vote no without understanding why you posted it. I wonder about that also, it seems you only read the title.
Here is a quote from the very first page:
"Legalization where people still cant grow on their own & can still go to jail. that means fake/pseudo 'legaliztion'."

Florida is on the verge of allowing home grow if we can get the word out, and it seems all i'm seeing out there is bad info.

Peace
Shag

thethymeisNOW

Hey Shag--

Sorry for going after you in my previous post.

I did understand why you made the post, but was concerned that most people wouldn't realize that you would indeed support legalization that allows for homegrow. I read the thread and totally understood what you meant, but the 'vote no, or else...' title came off to me as a blanket statement that would hinder efforts at legalization that does indeed allow for homegrow.

I agree that any normal person should be able to read your thread and immediatly realize that you're only talking about legalization initiatives that do not allow for homegrow. Unfortunatly, I don't give people that much credit, and the first thing I thought was "Oh boy, people are going to read this and think Every legalization efforts is bad", then i saw that view count and

I guess I wanted to read a title more like "If the law doesn't allow for homegrow, DON'T VOTE FOR IT" or something along those lines.

Again, sorry for getting nasty. I'm just so upset that Florida is going to get another chance at this, and not enough people are spreading the word to get the signatures in on time.

But hey! I need help from people just like you!! You seem to have the magic touch, Mr. 45,000 viewcount! Very Impressive!! Can you create a thread supporting the homegrow initiative in FL? We could sure use the exposure!!!!! RegulateFlorida.com and their facebook is active too.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Hey Shag--

Sorry for going after you in my previous post.

Hey bro!
No offense taken at all, in fact that title was intended to make people say WTF.
This would draw attention to the issue of states wanting to eliminate home growing with a piss poor form of legalization.

I am glad to see you have BIG BALLS and wish to stand up for your rights!
I am also happy to see another thread that wants to preserve home growing, which seems to be under attack right now.

Let me think :chin: about a way to help spread the word concerning the Florida situation.
I would like to do some research on the subject before I act!
But I will surely do what I can to help.
I wish you the best of luck with your efforts, may they be fruitful!

Peace and other hippy stuff to ya!
:smoke out:

Shag

thethymeisNOW

I have to say.. I'm speechless.

After those posts.. I was a bit down and thought here I did it again. These guys are my only hope and I'm on here in all caps probably making enemies of the very people who's help I so desperately need.

Little did I know. we might just be birds of a feather. And I agree 1000% with your position. If this initiative didn't allow for homegrow, I wouldn't even have bothered to post about it. Industrializing cannabis would lead to the same toxic processes that tobacco is subject to, and your "dealer" would be a corporation looking to cut as many costs as possible.

I can't thank you enough, Shag. You'll always have a place to crash in FL.. and if this works out, hopefully some nice homegrown to puff on as well!

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Anybody who thinks that the current suppliers of the country's weed (home growers), are going to chop their plants cuz the gubmit or anybody else "legalizes it, is simply wrong!

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
legal cannabis...IE:RECREATIONAL.... is about too cost EVER medical patient in WA state there 20 year rights to grow, and consume cannabis.... the state controlled regulations have only focused on lumping ever-thing into one little "controllable" ball.....

WA state is basically screwing ALL the fine folks out of voter approved medical rights....
all in it's effort to monopolize cannabis, and the money from it....

which is even more fucked up.... cause on a federal level it's illegal to create a consumer based monopoly of anything..... fucking sad,strange, and stupid all in one ball of wax...

thats what "legalization" has done for WA.......

thethymeisNOW

WA doesn't allow homegrow for most people. 'legalization' without the right to homegrow shouldn't be called legalization. They should coin another term such as 'limited permitted use' to avoid confusion.

Some states DO allow people to grow their own cannabis without any licenses or medical papers or other bullshit. Hopefully, with enough effort, RegulateFlorida.com can get FL added to that list.

Anybody who thinks that the current suppliers of the country's weed (home growers), are going to chop their plants cuz the gubmit or anybody else "legalizes it, is simply wrong!

I don't disagree... dealers are very comfortable breaking laws and I don't think they'll bat an eye at the limits on plants or possession. Also, for all you dealers out there that are worried about legalization cutting into your profits, fear not. The black market is alive and well in the states that are fully legal. Shops are expensive due to taxes, and most people can barely make a bowl of cereal without fucking it up let alone grow some dank buds. I'm sure ICMAG knows firsthand, it's not as easy as it looks. The majority of people would be put off by the effort, or try it once, fail, and just go get a bag from the same guy they always have.

shaggyballs

Veteran
legal cannabis...IE:RECREATIONAL.... is about too cost EVER medical patient in WA state there 20 year rights to grow, and consume cannabis.... the state controlled regulations have only focused on lumping ever-thing into one little "controllable" ball.....

WA state is basically screwing ALL the fine folks out of voter approved medical rights....
all in it's effort to monopolize cannabis, and the money from it....

which is even more fucked up.... cause on a federal level it's illegal to create a consumer based monopoly of anything..... fucking sad,strange, and stupid all in one ball of wax...

This is a perfect example of why I say"VOTE NO OR ELSE!"

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287317

thethymeisNOW

This is a perfect example of why I say"VOTE NO OR ELSE!"

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287317

Correct.. it's not right to tell people that something is 'legal' but they can't grow it on their own. To be honest, I don't know that I would even trust cannabis from a profit-driven company, or even worse the government. After processing and adding their own preservatives, something tells me a pack of joints would be just as bad for you as a pack of cigarettes. Some people even say tobacco wasn't nearly as carcinogenic before Phillip Morris got his hands on it.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
free the weed...I don't want to have to buy it and I don't want to be limited to just a few plants either...the cali initiative don't look so bad...yeehaw..either way I will continue as usual..i don't obey unjust laws matter of fact I feel obliged to break them...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 'right ' to home grow is a great start, tho the Dutch coffeeshop method is a grand way to socially legalize weed, or the US dispensary method is the same, having it legal is just that ...open them doors ...I say

It's a policy...."the Dutch government designed a drug policy with tolerates smoking cannabis under strict terms and conditions...
Coffee shops are only allowed to sell soft drugs and not more than five grams of cannabis per person per day. Coffee shops are governed by strict laws that control the amount of permitted soft drugs, and the conditions in which it is sold and used. Coffee shops are not allowed to advertise drugs. Persons under the age of 18 are prohibited from buying drugs and are barred access to coffee shops."
http://www.holland.com/us/tourism/article/dutch-drug-policy.htm

"Basically, the legalization of marijuana means you can't be arrested, ticketed, or convicted for using marijuana, if you follow the state laws as to age, place, and amount for consumption. However, you can still get arrested for selling or trafficking marijuana if you aren’t following state laws on licensure and taxation."
http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimina...zation-and-decriminalization-Dispensaries....

Why I prefer not to buy from dispensaries....(ok twice in 2+ yrs.)

https://news.vice.com/article/legally-grown-pot-still-has-a-toxic-pesticide-problem

But awesome to GYO!!

However, world wide attitudes are changing, "policies" are changing. Taxed/decriminalized...the movement continues. VOTE! Be an advocate.

Latest posts

Latest posts