Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Anyone else notice MJ laws easing up across the states?

Thread Title Search
Anyone else notice MJ laws easing up across the states? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2019, 05:35 PM #1
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Anyone else notice MJ laws easing up across the states?

I was talking to my girl the other day about how drastically pot laws very from state to state and went to show her examples of these insane laws and noticed that many non-green states have recently eased up on charge classifications and penalties. In my own state, small possession coming down from being a misdemeanor to a minor misdemeanor and paraphernalia charges also being decriminalized. I also noticed some states are easing up on cultivation penalties from when I last checked.

I take all this as a sign of better times down the road for the average stoner.

For all of you outside of Uncle Sam land, have you seen any progress in your home country?
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 03-11-2019, 05:48 PM #2
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
As always, Ohio is the opposite. LOL

This state is so fucked up. Our new mmj law does not allow home grow. You can only buy from the state's authorized sellers. And, their price is double the black market price.

So, as anyone can see, the legal mmj program will fail.

So, to make sure it works, Ohio is STEPPING UP enforcement to make sure the black market dies and the only source is their own bought and paid distributors. Sale of any amount can do 5 years. Possession of any amount is only a misdemeanor but if it's black market pot, you can loose your driver's license for one year EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT DRIVING WHEN YOU'RE BUSTED. LMAO Same goes for getting caught with a pipe or other paraphernalia.

So, even though the actual law regarding pot possession is better than it was 10 years ago, they managed to keep enough ammo to blast your ass into space for even the smallest infraction, if they want to.

Ohio has always been a great and wealthy industrial state. They can't get used to the fact that we are flat broke now with no industry. So, they steal wherever they can.

A license to grow in Ohio is $200,000.00 PER YEAR.

Gotta love this state. Moving in May, thank God.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:09 PM #3
shithawk420

shithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivor
Wow! That's outrageous.and I thought GA was bad.fuck Ohio! It's kinda ironic cause the town I live in is named Ohio! Lol different state of course
shithawk420 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:11 PM #4
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold
Im in Indiana and it is still 100% illegal. That being said we have a bad heroin epidemic and the cops in my town don't really seem to care about weed. About a year ago I got pulled over on a bridge and I was smoking. The cop told me I don't want him to call a dog just give it up so I did. Then he made me dump the bag over the bridge right into the river and he was just laughing about it. He let me go and was ok about it but we do have some cops who will arrest you and treat you like a drug addict. If arrested you could get a year, most likely probation but I know some people who had prior arrests who did 90 days in jail with 6 months probation after release.
'Boogieman' is offline Quote

Old 03-11-2019, 06:27 PM #5
Drewsif

Drewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really niceDrewsif is just really nice
I was looking at the inmate roster in a couple small towns in a state who just started mmj.. 90% of the inmates had a paraphernalia charge. Exactly what I expected. Grows getting busted more than ever too. A dispensary every 25 miles so no cardholder can grow their measly fuckin 3 plants.

Crooked med states with no-grow clauses can go to hell. The "25 mile law" exists in multiple states, what a damn coincidence.
Drewsif is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:31 PM #6
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
While the laws may be coming closer to what we desire they've got a looooong ways to go. penalties may even be becoming less but the new laws are creating more folks to target those laws against.

The War will never be over until our favorite plant is completely 100% removed from any type of scheduling.

DO NOT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!
MJPassion is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:21 PM #7
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Do you guys think medical is a negative to the overall legalization movement? Like it's making pot just another substance they control so they can put everyone behind bars they're not making money off of.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:28 PM #8
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Do you guys think medical is a negative to the overall legalization movement? Like it's making pot just another substance they control so they can put everyone behind bars they're not making money off of.
i believe that to an extent, there is at least a perception in certain circles that this is true. it is easy to believe it too. it is not like nobody ever tries to take advantage of any situation for $$$...

Old 03-11-2019, 10:34 PM #9
JustSumTomatoes

Pot legalization can be a touchy topic. I had a dealer (was his only source of income) that was totally opposed to legalization of any kind. He truly enjoyed the wild west atmosphere of prohibition, even though he himself was a stoner. I tried to make the whole ethics of prohibition being wrong argument but he wouldn't have it. I guess in a way he was right cause ever since I started growing my own he never saw me again lol.

Old 03-11-2019, 10:45 PM #10
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Pot legalization can be a touchy topic. I had a dealer (was his only source of income) that was totally opposed to legalization of any kind. He truly enjoyed the wild west atmosphere of prohibition, even though he himself was a stoner. I tried to make the whole ethics of prohibition being wrong argument but he wouldn't have it. I guess in a way he was right cause ever since I started growing my own he never saw me again lol.
"wild west atmosphere" lol. i've long said that if you want young people to quit doing something, legalize it, tax it, treat it like something adults do. you talk about making it unappealing to young folks...it is no longer exciting if their parents do it.