Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Security & Legal Issues > Lost my phone with icmag and other sites opened in browser

Thread Title Search
Lost my phone with icmag and other sites opened in browser Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2019, 08:01 PM #1
NEED 4 SEED

NEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the rough
Lost my phone with icmag and other sites opened in browser

Hey people, major problem. I lost my phone with a lot of compromising website tabs opened and logged in, Email accounts with conversation to seedbanks etc. Compromising documents. The phone itself was locked with a 4 digit display code and the sim card with a PIN. I called the provider and the deactivated the sim card.

How safe are these passwords and my data inside the phone?

I also tried to block the phone via google but this is only possible if the phone has internet access. They said it will block itself when it goes online next. I sent another command to delete the whole phone when online again.

Is there anything else i can do besides praying that nobody finds it? Is there maybe a possibility to logout, for instance, the icmag account from all other devices, so that somebody with my phone can't access anything and has to login again (given, he made it into my phone)?

Should I delete my account?
NEED 4 SEED is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:16 PM #2
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
I'm pretty sure when I changed my password my phone stopped working to login the site till I reset it on the phone. If the phone gets internet again the google wipe should take care of most of the pertinent data. Good luck bro. I wouldn't go so far as delete your account unless you are in a place where it's highly illegal. I think you can ask the mods to temporarily disable your account as well if you are worried. Good luck.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:20 PM #3
NEED 4 SEED

NEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the roughNEED 4 SEED is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
I'm pretty sure when I changed my password my phone stopped working to login the site till I reset it on the phone. If the phone gets internet again the google wipe should take care of most of the pertinent data. Good luck bro. I wouldn't go so far as delete your account unless you are in a place where it's highly illegal. I think you can ask the mods to temporarily disable your account as well if you are worried. Good luck.

Of course its illegal here, or I wouldn't care. I will change my pw and ask for a temporary freeze. Thanks mate.
NEED 4 SEED is offline Quote

Old 02-21-2019, 10:25 PM #4
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Good luck bro! It's legal here so I always semi-forget people who grow have their livelihoods on the line still across most of the planet.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is online now Quote

Old 02-22-2019, 12:26 AM #5
Hydro8

Hydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of light
Your info thru the locked phone is fairly safe, I doubt the NSA, FBI, secret hacker police will get it and make the effort to crack it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED 4 SEED View Post
I also tried to block the phone via google but this is only possible if the phone has internet access. They said it will block itself when it goes online next. I sent another command to delete the whole phone when online again.
The real security threat was already in play.

When you use an andriod/google phone on the internet, Google harvests all of the sites you go to, user names, emails, location and attaches it to your phone number. If you have the phone in your name it gets all linked to you. If you read Google TOS you gave them the right to harvest, store and sell/give this info to anyone they want(marketing agencies, DEA, NSA,?)

The info Google/andriod harvest is insanely accurate and personal. ALL of your internet activity, contact list, text messages, every where you go(within a 8ft radius), where you sleep, all the people you go near(that have a cell phone).

Welcome to Google ! just read the TOS and click -agree
Hydro8 is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:11 AM #6
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
I hate reading these kinds of reminders but damn... Hydro8 said it well...
You're probably already on the hook. As am I.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2019, 12:16 AM #7
al70

al70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant future
you're ok, don't panic.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:57 AM #8
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor

2018 Season's Post Mortem and Best Practices

~

Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------

Last edited by TychoMonolyth; 02-24-2019 at 01:01 AM.. Reason: Redundant entry
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 02-24-2019, 01:47 AM #9
al70

al70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant future
ok panic

Old 02-24-2019, 01:48 AM #10
al70

does anyone have any idea how many phones are lost everyday of the week