Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > Other plants in cannabis grow rooms

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Other plants in cannabis grow rooms Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2019, 02:26 AM #1
Cidmercury

Cidmercury will become famous soon enoughCidmercury will become famous soon enough
Other plants in cannabis grow rooms

Has anybody ever throw some other plants in their grow rooms with their cannabis?
I moved some of my outdoor succulents in to my grow rooms for the winter because they all got absolutely drenched with rain and then the freezing temps and snow hit. They looked a mess and now they're thriving!! I've actually managed to propagate some of them as well.
I was thinking of moving my giant strawberry planter in to the room too, (strawberries year round!?) because it's looking kinda sad and half dead with this snow.

Anybody else try this?
Cidmercury is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:05 AM #2
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
as long as the other plants are super clean i dont see why this could not work
thats great that your succulents are enjoying their new home; those are hearty plants and can survive in almost any conditions
the problem with bringing in other plants is that you are also inviting other pests and crowding your space
/if anything you want less plants in the area to compete for resources
depending on how serious you are about growing pot, i guess its nbd
/but really, i would set up another space to grow your other plants in
//this would also be appropriate when you shift the light cycle
pop_rocks is offline Quote

Old 02-22-2019, 06:50 AM #3
Cidmercury

Cidmercury will become famous soon enoughCidmercury will become famous soon enough
Pop_rocks
Good points! They did get a bug spray before coming in because I have dealt with mites and thrips previously.
I'm not concerned right now with them taking up space because my cannabis is still in veg and my main room is 20'x26' but the light cycle I could see being a problem (however it hasnt shown to be yet) I dont know how succis will react to 24hrs in light (or strawberry plants if I decide to throw those in too)
It will only be temporary because once spring hits they will be back outside

Old 02-22-2019, 06:51 AM #4
Cidmercury

Maybe in time I will have the resources to set up a designated space for them in the winter

Old 02-22-2019, 09:33 PM #5
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
I've grown plants alongside my cannabis over the years. I generally start from seed, due to the whole fungal/pest issues mentioned. I currently have various herbs in my veg cab, along with a nice pepper plant. The dwarf jalepeno plant just sprouted a few days ago.

It's the pests thing which prevents me from bringing plants in from outside. You can treat ornamentals with all kinds of nasty stuff and they'll be clean, it's just not my cup of tea. There are a lot of plants which require a lot less light than cannabis, which makes a lot of spaces in grow rooms to put plants.

I don't keep any in the flower room though.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:52 PM #6
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
I start in 3x3 pots, chiles, tomatoes in late Feb, early March to transplant outside.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:03 PM #7
Cidmercury

I just love the idea of it. I have some extra space so why not?
Plus unfortunately my home garden and most of my yard and what were nice rhododendrons have been completely taken over by bindweed and I've heard the only way to get rid of that is round up (which I dont want to spray anywhere near my edible garden) or to burn every thing down!.. not an option

Old 02-25-2019, 03:46 AM #8
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Lightbulb

I have 6 Cannabis plants & whole bunch of Lettuce.

Also 1 fig tree, a recent transplant, and 1 coffee tree. Under LED's.

The fig tree then one day had Ye Olde Spider Mite web.

The last time I bought a spray bottle for $1 at Home Depot, it crapped out.

So I bought the $1.49 spray bottle ... already had some Safer's concentrate.

Mixed it up, sprayed the fig tree yesterday or Friday.

Will keep getting it every 3 days.

Anyway, I like having other plants around.

But the absence of predators (lady-bugs) ... plant parasites can be fruitful & multiply in that situation.

Outdoors, I would never see a spider mite tent on the fig tree.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 02-25-2019, 05:32 AM #9
Ibechillin

Ibechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud of
I grew bell peppers in my recirculating sea of green setup alongside my weed, everything in grodan rockwool 6 inch blocks. Plants close to it picked up bell pepper smell/hints of taste haha.

Indeterminate varieties of fruits/vegetables produce new fruit until killed by frost outside, I bet they would do well started and grown indoors for continuous harvest through the year.

Light Science Information (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Humic and Fulvic acid information:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352265
Ibechillin is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:55 AM #10
1G12
flatulent in 3 different languages

1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light1G12 is a glorious beacon of light
Have started tomatoes from seed a few times...they're so tiny!
Then outside in the full sun bearing fruit they're so giant...
Always find that eventual transition amazing!
"Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." — George W. Bush - Sept. 6, 2004, at a rally in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
1G12 is offline Quote