Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Private Breeders > Stank Bros > Pre98 Bubba Kush x Digi Bx1

Thread Title Search
Pre98 Bubba Kush x Digi Bx1 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2013, 05:37 AM #1
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Post Pre98 Bubba Kush x Digi Bx1

Just wanted to get pictures of the next male I'm playing around with:

We've got a great early 3-leaf pattern and heavy over-lapping at the petioles. Sturdy, hollow, purple stems, great lateral branching and internode distances (even when root bound / hungry) - very healthy, vigorous roots - seems to feed lightly and handles low nutrient situations without any fuss. Really funky berry / burnt rubber and skunk funk undertones.

Really a nice plant with all the right features I seek in a male....so we are going to figure out exactly how he breeds.

Seeds of his offspring will be offered out to the community as testers before a full release is done...rather than testing "in house". I think the community as a whole prefers this approach to seed releases and it certainly alleviates some of my responsibilities in sorting and checking - and allows various environments to be explored in the testing process, which is something I simply can't really do on my own.

So, cuts of this male are going into flower this weekend for pollen collection and a new round of selected hybrids will be made very shortly!!!

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 AM #2
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
I don't want to say too much too soon - but one I will leak one for certain to be offered hybrid:

BooBerry Kush = Ghost OG x (Pre98 Bubba Kush x Digi Bx1)

I'm really excited to make this pairing as it is part of my Berry / Lemon pairing scheme that I think is going to provide myself with idealistic medicine. But it is also starting in the direction and a sort of a feeling ground for a true Blueberry OG line; exploratory breeding if you will.

After learning how the BKGK x Digi Bx1 male has behaved in a couple of outcrosses - and how much berry is still passed on a generation removed from my male, given the proper pheno, I think it is still fully possible to get where I want in this project by keeping the pure Digi Bx1 pollen frozen a bit longer, and re-introducing it back into the mix at a later generation to put a final blueberry zing on the overall project.

Anyway - I just thought it would be nice to share with you kind of what is on the plate for the not too distant future...

dank.Frank
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:59 AM #3
draztik
Free Human

draztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nice
I love the name BooBerry Kush! I've followed your grows of the Digi and it looks like fire. The Pre-98 Bubba Kush x Digi Bx1 sounds like an amazing cross by itself.Can't wait to see what comes from these new crosses.
draztik is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 06:21 AM #4
Phillthy
Seven-Thirty

Phillthy has a reputation beyond reputePhillthy has a reputation beyond reputePhillthy has a reputation beyond reputePhillthy has a reputation beyond reputePhillthy has a reputation beyond reputePhillthy has a reputation beyond reputePhillthy has a reputation beyond reputePhillthy has a reputation beyond reputePhillthy has a reputation beyond reputePhillthy has a reputation beyond reputePhillthy has a reputation beyond repute
put me down for a pack of the BooBerry Kush bro!

“A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?” - Albert Einstein
Phillthy is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 06:30 AM #5
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

^^^ hahaha - this guy!!

Like it isn't an understood. hehehe

dank.Frank
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Old 01-17-2013, 07:32 AM #6
B.E.D

B.E.D is just really niceB.E.D is just really niceB.E.D is just really niceB.E.D is just really niceB.E.D is just really niceB.E.D is just really niceB.E.D is just really niceB.E.D is just really niceB.E.D is just really nice

Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 AM #7
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

Nice to know you've got the jump on them! He's a real studly feller for sure.

That pic is still the original cutting. It's been cut back, had it's roots chopped and re planted 3 times already...lol. Just been running various stress tests on it to see how he'd behave. I'm satisfied.

I too am eager to see what he can add to a mix.

dank.Frank
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM #8
genetic freaked

genetic freaked is a name known to allgenetic freaked is a name known to allgenetic freaked is a name known to allgenetic freaked is a name known to allgenetic freaked is a name known to allgenetic freaked is a name known to allgenetic freaked is a name known to allgenetic freaked is a name known to allgenetic freaked is a name known to allgenetic freaked is a name known to allgenetic freaked is a name known to all
Wow DF you weren't joking when you said you found a beast of a male. Boys got a stocky base huh!
Is this the same bubba you used to make the BKGK?
I can't wait to see what he can do. I'm hoping he produces a ton of pollen for you as I'm looking forward to this release.
Hmm wonder what's cooking in your mind and what females you will let him spread on.
Hoping you and phillthy do a collab for the new release.
Kelp up the amazing work and good luck on your breeding projects!
genetic freaked is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 PM #9
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

That male has been bonsai trained. The stock is thick like that from having its roots cut off and the branches cut back, then re-planted. So lot of new growth shoots on an older mature, established base, essentially. But you can end up with VERY thick stalks in small containers the older the plant gets and the more it is trained in this bonsai manner...

When Retardo made BKGK it was pre98 bubba kush used, so this is the same Bubba.

It is NOT the same male that was used in the BKGK Bx1 or FBPK crosses, as that was BKGK x Digi Bx1, if that is what you were thinking.

Thanks for following along - looking forward to seeing your progress with your ladies!

dank.Frank
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Old 01-17-2013, 05:41 PM #10
brotherindica
Kronically Ill

brotherindica has a brilliant futurebrotherindica has a brilliant futurebrotherindica has a brilliant futurebrotherindica has a brilliant futurebrotherindica has a brilliant futurebrotherindica has a brilliant futurebrotherindica has a brilliant futurebrotherindica has a brilliant futurebrotherindica has a brilliant futurebrotherindica has a brilliant futurebrotherindica has a brilliant future
BooBerry Kush.......hell yeah!

BI's Sealed Playroom
Brother's Perpetual Tents

*Anything said or shown is a result of brother's wild, overly active imagination and can easily be found anywhere on the internet.

brotherindica is offline Quote