Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Private Breeders > Stank Bros > Pre98 Bubba Kush x Digi Bx1

Thread Title Search
Pre98 Bubba Kush x Digi Bx1 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2019, 01:03 AM #641
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
So, if I'm understanding things correctly, you have 3 x 315w CMH over 3 plants in large fabric pots?

Do you think the plants are leafier because of the CMH? I've heard, they produce buds that resemble more closely outdoor flowers - which I've always just interpreted to mean "leafier". The other question, how far away are your lights from your tops? How big is the footprint the lights are covering? (Bubba can produce leafier plants in her offspring, worth of note.)

I'm playing with 2 x 315 in 2.5' x 5' - that puts me at 50.4w per sq ft - which is generally considered the necessary statistic to meet - even though, that is the old way and PAR is more important, blah, blah.

Everyone used to run the basic 3x3=400w 4x4=600w 5x5=1000w - I used ran a 400w in a 2x2. It produced much higher quality in the refined space at 100w per sq ft. Flowers weren't too much different than those produced under a 1k.

I'm hoping, the new technology hype is true with the CMH. Everyone was again saying 3x3 per lamp, but that just seemed too big, knowing what I know about 400w'ers, I went a bit smaller, to still meet the old metric.

I've had the lights, every where from 22" to 10-11" away from the tops of the plants. Sweet spot for me seems to be about 14" away from the tops. Even then, canopy penetration is only about 12-15" deep. I wouldn't waste time with anything below 16". I've stripped a bit over 3' of my plants bare for canopy management. The grow would be a waste of the plants energy as enough light just doesn't get there.

Not sure how long you've been running CMH, but there is certainly a learning curve with them. I'll know more what I think about them after the first harvest under them.

We'll find you something better to smoke.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:47 AM #642
Samuel Caldwell

Samuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to all
Close -- 3 x 315 w CMH lights, 3 fabric pots, 6 plants.

This was my first run with the full setup so I've got a lot to learn. Lights were probably 12-14", similar to what you're running. I just adjust them by feel--as close as I can get but not too close.

My old flower cab was 2x2 with 400w hps, same as you. I'd run one of the fabric pots (20 gallon geopots) with 3 or more plants at a time. My height was limited but I had good results. I decided to start with one light per pot in my current room, although that drops me down to around the old 3x3=400w range. I may add more lights in the future but this was an easy place to start. I'm far from finished building the room.

I attribute 'leafier' more to the specific plant than the lights. My 'purple haze' bagseed (she's my keeper) was much easier to trim.

I wondered about the Bubba influence. I have no experience with Bubba but the dark aromas and flavors might be from the 'coffee' descriptions I keep reading about. But it might be wishful thinking, too. I always trim the lowers but decided to let everything go this time, just to see how the new lights would perform. I'll definitely stick with trimming the lowers.

Find me something better. Yes, please. Shoot me a PM since it seems my last one to you got lost somewhere. Thanks, brother.

pic 1 - BBK from the plastic tub spread out on a screen to dry
pic 2 - random BBK nug
pic 3 - 'purple haze' bagseed harvest drying on a screen

Last edited by Samuel Caldwell; 03-14-2019 at 04:04 AM..
Samuel Caldwell is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:28 PM #643
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond repute
i have been running the 315s in 30”square tents with good success.

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3
heady blunts is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:55 AM #644
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Heady, you vouching for the systems was one of the final feathers in my hat. I'm still a skeptic until I put fire to that first flower. It's my nature. I can't fight it. I'd be a fool to do so.

I see the potential. I just expect the flowers to hit a sort of wall and stop filling out like I would otherwise expect them to do so. I've been a "king of overkill" type for the better part of my life and it's not failed me. Where others have points of failure due to cutting corners, I can proudly say I've not had that issue.

It's only because of and endless amount of time spent reading and learning from others that I'm able to approach a situation with such clarity and security to where I'm confident enough in the outcome to put my credibility on the line. I don't open my mouth with out the expectation of being called out and proven wrong by someone with more knowledge than me - at the same time - I tend not to say much unless I know I'm already correct in the first place. It saves a lot of time projecting. LOL.

Good vibes to you both. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you spending time in our lines, working them, sharing them with others - perpetuating my life's energy essentially and of your own volition.

This is the type of community I stayed around to be a part of. It's the type of community I want to encourage and foster. Heady, I love seeing your F2's being grown. What a special feeling to see others growing out what someone thought was worth the time to preserve...other than me. It's epic in a way that words don't give credence to. Maybe, I'm just soft.

Time is the only thing that maters in this life - so when time is given and dedicated - to perpetuate my own abstract mental goals - it tells me I'm connecting with people through this plant. The same way others connected with me through flowers.

It's more important than anything else I could ever do on this earth. If someone has spent 10 years looking for that one special plant - and we all chase that one experience to some extent - to put it on a table before them, as a result of their own pursuit ultimately, to sprout a seed - it's special.

Healing people - is special.

Don't ever let anyone tell you what we do as growers doesn't matter. Keep overgrowing.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.