in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Oldtimer's Haze

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Oldtimer's Haze Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2019, 02:41 AM #1661
LostTribe

LostTribe has disabled reputation
Man I wish I had a way to take macros of this OTPH. Its at 18 months cure and just reached its prime. Broke up a chunk in a bowl to remove the beans I made and crumbled it up super fine. Its dark incense earthy tones are only truly unleashed upon burning her. On exhaling I am overcome with a dank intense spicy church incense combined with dark berry background.

Its the type of smoke if you leave the room after smoking and come back in you want to just stick your nose back in an keep inhaling for the ultra old school exotic experience.

This is turning into my deserted island strain.
Such a difference from any other strain I have experienced.

Feeling good and time for another bowl! Cheers Then!
LT

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121
LostTribe is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:45 AM #1662
SolarLogos

SolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really nice
Nice report LT! I have OTH coming up outdoors this spring and I'm super excited. Your report has me salivating. I have 7 freebies from about 14 months ago and ordered 7 more freebies with my last order. Hopefully I can find a nice purple in there somewhere.
Peace, God bless
SolarLogos is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:54 AM #1663
LostTribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarLogos View Post
Nice report LT! I have OTH coming up outdoors this spring and I'm super excited. Your report has me salivating. I have 7 freebies from about 14 months ago and ordered 7 more freebies with my last order. Hopefully I can find a nice purple in there somewhere.
Peace, God bless
I got the very last pack of The Purple Old-timer Haze that ACE had left.

It must have been divine intervention, thank you Dubi and crew!
LT

a bit later on, I don't normally but I may have over indulged!

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:12 AM #1664
LostTribe

Quote:
Peace, God bless
I also have a pack of the OTH that Dubi sent after the POTH only germ'd 1 female and I think 2 males.

I believe he has stated that the purple pheno can be found in the OTH. The Purple represents old Columbian Highland if memory serves. Good luck. I would plant in a very very very light mix with little to no amending and go from there. They really take off and will burn in normal amended soil. Don't feed hardly any N. Start way way low. I burnt the heck out of that one and it still turned out fine after a month it started to recover with new leaf growth that wasn't burnt.

Good Luck,LT

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:54 AM #1665
SolarLogos

SolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really niceSolarLogos is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTribe View Post
I also have a pack of the OTH that Dubi sent after the POTH only germ'd 1 female and I think 2 males.

I believe he has stated that the purple pheno can be found in the OTH. The Purple represents old Columbian Highland if memory serves. Good luck. I would plant in a very very very light mix with little to no amending and go from there. They really take off and will burn in normal amended soil. Don't feed hardly any N. Start way way low. I burnt the heck out of that one and it still turned out fine after a month it started to recover with new leaf growth that wasn't burnt.

Good Luck,LT
Thank you very much LT, that is very useful information and coming from yourself, who has quite a bit of knowledge on growing this strain. I have been debating on whether to grow in a coco mix, with a little worm castings and quano at transplant, but am also considering an un-amended soil mix, since I like the idea of top dressing occasionally with worm castings and light organic feedings if necessary. There is an old thread on here, I will have to look for it. There is a soil recipe in a book that was supposed to be the Haze Brothers soil mix, coming from Sam himself, who comments on the thread. It was a bit more than I want to duplicate, but the part that got me was the pH, he recommended 7.5-8.5, "sweet for the connoisseur's treat." That's quite a bit higher than I am comfortable with, but did you find that the OTH has a sweet spot or pH preference? Would there have been a purpose for the higher pH?

Peace, God bless
And the award to the conqueror, if he also heeds the works of the Logos; that is, he observes the admonitions of the spiritual mind. He is absolute control and dominion over his lower forces and faculties in which he rules as with a rod of iron. And he receives the morning star, which symbolizes the divine love, that heralds the dawn of the coming day of full spiritual illumination.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:14 AM #1666
SolarLogos

Quote:
Thank you very much LT, that is very useful information and coming from yourself, who has quite a bit of knowledge on growing this strain. I have been debating on whether to grow in a coco mix, with a little worm castings and quano at transplant, but am also considering an un-amended soil mix, since I like the idea of top dressing occasionally with worm castings and light organic feedings if necessary. There is an old thread on here, I will have to look for it. There is a soil recipe in a book that was supposed to be the Haze Brothers soil mix, coming from Sam himself, who comments on the thread. It was a bit more than I want to duplicate, but the part that got me was the pH, he recommended 7.5-8.5, "sweet for the connoisseur's treat." That's quite a bit higher than I am comfortable with, but did you find that the OTH has a sweet spot or pH preference? Would there have been a purpose for the higher pH?

Peace, God bless
Here is the link to the thread on the original soil recipe for OTH by the Haze Brothers. It's from 2008:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=92990

Any thoughts anyone on why the high pH in the recipe?
Peace, God bless
And the award to the conqueror, if he also heeds the works of the Logos; that is, he observes the admonitions of the spiritual mind. He is absolute control and dominion over his lower forces and faculties in which he rules as with a rod of iron. And he receives the morning star, which symbolizes the divine love, that heralds the dawn of the coming day of full spiritual illumination.