What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California will Vote on Recreational Pot in Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBogart

Veteran
what? how you gonna tell somebody they're smoking too much weed. that's like saying you're doing too much yoga or having too much sex

Easy dude. I have my own opinions. You don't have to like it, and I don't care if you don't. Boy talking bout he carries around a quarter pound of weed for his own self. That he ain't selling. Bullshit.

And yeah, you can do too much yoga and have too much sex as well. So there.

Space Toker

Veteran
:peacock:

The Herer initiative failed to qualify. Takes money to qualify, period, and they had none.

thanks for catching me up... I know very little about money as most my life I've been dead broke (and rather that than then selling my soul to blind greed and idiocy like so many "stars" and such), but yeah I do know what you say tends to be true unfortunately. Still I thought it was the model California was going for. That should be the model nationwide, never saw a better more thought out bill than that, better than prop215 and far better than anything since. I hope it will be everyone's model for a great bill as tribute to a great guy who did a lot for "the cause". This current bill, what I understand of it, is pretty crappy. I mean no one deserves to go to jail for pot, but beyond that this seems to suck. I want to vote for even the smallest step in the right direction and as a result voted for Mass medical, but Cali already has medical and so if I were there, I'd be tempted to vote no on this one if a realistic chance for a better bill in the next year or 2 exists.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
I'm not upset about shit anyone is posting, nobody should be in prison for simple possession period. Call it semi legalization then. Call it the super weed adventure club, but don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin, peace.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In WA we went from 15 plants and 24 ounces to this -
Those entered in the state's voluntary patient database may cultivate, in his or her domicile, up to 6 plants for the personal medical use and possess up to 8 ounces of useable marijuana produced from his or her plants. If the health care professional determines that the medical needs of a qualifying patient exceed the amounts provided, the health care professional may specify on the authorization that it is recommended that the patient be allowed to grow, in his or her domicile, up to 15 plants, yielding up to 16 ounces, of usable marijuana for the personal medical use of the patient.

If a qualifying patient has not been entered into the medical marijuana authorization database, he/she may grow, in his or her domicile, up to 4 plants for the personal medical use of the qualifying patient and 6 possess up to six ounces of useable marijuana in his or her domicile.

There may not be any doctors who will authorize the higher limits, I will find out. And as far as prices go the recreational weed is quite a bit more expensive than medical. This July all of the medical dispensaries have to be closed and all the farmers markets closed.

Good luck to you Cali guys and gals...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
their greedy for our tax money ..I say we hold out for a better deal...just say fuck you..yeehaw...we are almost there don't fuck it up now

Brot

I found this interesting. But you cannt read the damn thing now...lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 20

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok so here is a conundrum. If you allow for more plants for personal grows, you put more mom an pop growers out of business. And a pound for personal use? Jesus it would take years for me to go through a pound, especially if it's high grade.

An ounce of weed would last me nearly two months, maybe longer depending on quality. It's not a fair comparison to alcohol. Stoners know this.

edit: Oh, and if you want to grow more, apply for a license.

A pound can last over a year for me too, especially considering the tinctures and hash I make from the trim. "Personal use" to me means household use, not for sale. My ex gf was smoking an eighth a day or more from my harvests. What's wrong with smoking an eighth a day if it's cheap from growing it at home? Assuming you can handle your job and life responsibilities.

"High grade" isn't always easy to find when growing from seeds. Planting 6 seeds, you might get 3 females or less if you're unlucky. What are the odds of getting a top quality female out of 2 or 3? There's variation even with the best strains. There's also something to be said about variety. I don't want to be restricted to a few plants when there's so much variety out there.

6 plants is an improvement over outright prohibition. It's ridiculous in California. I thought this was the most progressive state weed-wise when I moved here.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:peacock:

The Herer initiative failed to qualify. Takes money to qualify, period, and they had none.

If I had made it big in the software industry and had millions of dollars to spare, I would have donated money for this. This was the best legalization option by far for California.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
"If a qualifying patient has not been entered into the medical marijuana authorization database, he/she may grow, in his or her domicile, up to 4 plants for the personal medical use of the qualifying patient and 6 possess up to six ounces of useable marijuana in his or her domicile." -venturahwy

as long as you are not selling weed, why should there even be plant/ weight limits?

a good outdoor grow where i live could easily yield a pound or more from a single plant
even if you are just growing outdoors this could keep you in bud for the year, but everyone smokes different
four plant would put me way over this limit

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
A pound can last over a year for me too, especially considering the tinctures and hash I make from the trim. "Personal use" to me means household use, not for sale. My ex gf was smoking an eighth a day or more from my harvests. What's wrong with smoking an eighth a day if it's cheap from growing it at home? Assuming you can handle your job and life responsibilities.

"High grade" isn't always easy to find when growing from seeds. Planting 6 seeds, you might get 3 females or less if you're unlucky. What are the odds of getting a top quality female out of 2 or 3? There's variation even with the best strains. There's also something to be said about variety. I don't want to be restricted to a few plants when there's so much variety out there.

6 plants is an improvement over outright prohibition. It's ridiculous in California. I thought this was the most progressive state weed-wise when I moved here.

agree with everything in this post 100%
california used to be one of the most socially progressive states in the union and near the top in education too

what we have now is better than the way it was, but we have fallen way behind as far as weed goes

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I refuse to take a step backwards...I can use a couple ounces a week easily....yeehaw...don't tread on me...and I currently can have 24 plants and a lb never mind my growers exemption and other scripts I grow for friends...FUCK NO

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
I refuse to take a step backwards...I can use a couple ounces a week easily....yeehaw...don't tread on me...and I currently can have 24 plants and a lb never mind my growers exemption and other scripts I grow for friends...FUCK NO

under current medical law you are allowed to grow for others
would this still be the case?

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Ibogart
M314
A pound a year is only 1.2 a day
So when you guys say years.... to smoke a top shelf pound... You mean you guys are smoking about a half gram a day?
If it takes you 2 months to smoke a ounce, you are only smoking one fat bowl a day...... (.46)
That is hard to even say you are a regular smoker with numbers that low...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway

this is interesting...
how would you define regular smoker?
i tihnk someone who smokes daily is a regular smoker, no matter the amount

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
I'm glad the subject interests you :biggrin:
I don't think my opinion on that matter is relevant.
But now that you have shared yours, it points out a crucial detail I was trying to make obvious.
If you smoke every other day that would only be a gram a day lol
So then to your standards, it would be hard to consider that person a regular smoker.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Didn't want to offend you or others, just wanted to point out the numbers since people are telling others to take tolerance breaks:)

S

Stone House

Though this may be fine for the rec user, but one of my many concerns are related to the growing aspect.

We have many counties that have had most jobs wiped out by loss of lumbering and fishing jobs. To prevent loss of property and just to survive many in these communities have had to grow marijuana. Most of the strains you see today are a result of these families passion to improve the quality and potential of said strains.

My personal belief is the size of rec grows should be limited to a size that prevents takeover by big business. I know there are a bunch of different licencing permits, but I'm sure most all the little guys will get left behind.

For instance, Salinas Valley was mentioned in an earlier post. I grew up in the Salinas Valley (born there), when I was younger almost all the vegetable farms were small family farms (mostly Swiss-Italian or Portugese) of a few hundred acres or less. In the past 20 years Big business has swallowed up most of these farms leaving the smaller farmers to look for employment elsewhere.

I guess my point is limit the mega-grows and allow these small farms to prosper and help their communities to thrive!

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
I'm not upset about shit anyone is posting, nobody should be in prison for simple possession period. Call it semi legalization then. Call it the super weed adventure club, but don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin, peace.
You affiliated with ocean grown genetics?

iBogart

Veteran
Ibogart
M314
A pound a year is only 1.2 a day
So when you guys say years.... to smoke a top shelf pound... You mean you guys are smoking about a half gram a day?
If it takes you 2 months to smoke a ounce, you are only smoking one fat bowl a day...... (.46)

I average just about an 1/8 a week, tops. Usually less.

I'm decades out of college man. Been there, done that. You dig? So I know all too well the routine of the daily pot head, and how fast the weed gets burned up. Not for me.

I like my sunny Saturday afternoons, or Sunday, depends on the weather, with just me and Mary Jane. I don't like being a drunk, nor do I like getting stoned everyday. Having other interests in life helps too.

In all my years I've never come across anyone who smokes a half ounce of weed a day on the regular. I mean straight up, that's a lot fucking weed. It doesn't even sound fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.