What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whoopi Goldberg Joins Marijuana Industry With Products for Women

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
<culink title="" class="culinks" style="font-weight: 400 !important;" culang="en" href="http://curiyo.com/en/topic/Whoopi Goldberg">Whoopi Goldberg</culink> is lending her name and financial backing to a new line of medical marijuana products designed specifically for women.
Goldberg, who has been public about her own marijuana use, is one of a handful of Hollywood celebrities jumping into the marijuana marketplace. <culink title="" class="culinks" style="font-weight: 400 !important;" culang="en" href="http://curiyo.com/en/topic/Bob Marley">Bob Marley</culink>’s family has partnered with a cannabis company to produce Marley Natural products, and <culink title="" class="culinks" style="font-weight: 400 !important;" culang="en" href="http://curiyo.com/en/topic/Snoop Dogg">Snoop Dogg</culink> backs Leafs by Snoop. Goldberg said her “Whoopi & Maya” company received financial backing from three friends and family members, and she will serve as chairwoman.
“I want to go nice and slow with this. I don’t want this to be a joke to people. It’s not a joke to women,” Goldberg told USA TODAY.
The company she's co-founded offers four products: a balm, a tincture, sipping chocolate, and a bath soak. All are infused with marijuana and aim to reduce the pain and cramps from periods. Pricing has not yet been set.
The products sold under the "Whoopi & Maya brand" will be available only in California to people with their medical marijuana cards, and they'll be on shelves in the next several weeks in at least five marijuana dispensaries around the state.
Because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level, the product today is unavailable elsewhere.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...berg-founds-medical-marijuana-women/82416612/

Others like Snoop and Bob Marley have their own line...should be a boon in the business world!!

MileHighGlass

Unfortunately just because a "famous" person attaches their name to something doesn't mean it will be a quality product.

I hope this is the exception.

FireIn.TheSky

All of these rich people hopping on the band wagon like they need anymore money.

Honestly poopie Goldbergs name on something would make me less likely to buy it.

FoothillFarming

Poopie Goldberg, lol

I liked her MUCH better when she was acting in Sister Act. That career really went down hill. Now she is pretending to be part of the cannabis movement...... Some people are just attention whores.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
good for her ..everyone else is cashing in why not whoopi...she has long been known as a toker....yeehaw..and anything that makes a woman more comfortable during her time is needed in my book...go whoopi...soooo many hatrz...

FireIn.TheSky

Poopie Goldberg, lol

I liked her MUCH better when she was acting in Sister Act. That career really went down hill. Now she is pretending to be part of the cannabis movement...... Some people are just attention whores.

Well....she has dreadlocks so automatically she must know everything about weed.

Betterhaff

Veteran
My take on it…it helps promote the cause. The more word that gets out there the better. Not a fan of Whoopi but she has been very vocal about her cannabis use.

doob

Its not a bad thing high profile tokers getting involved. Who cares about the products, it's still illegal most places! We can only dream of havin such products here, relying on the US to show us how its done. And if she gets women who hav never used canna before using, and enjoying its effects, then that's great for those under prohibition. The more positive stuff about it the better for me

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If "famous" folks can continue to de-stigmatize cannabis, I'm all for it!

It's not the $$, but showing how much cannabis will continue going main stream to states that might never consider otherwise.

And seems her company have found products that may help.....catering to women with pain, cramps, etc.

Why not?!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its not a bad thing high profile tokers getting involved. Who cares about the products, it's still illegal most places! We can only dream of havin such products here, relying on the US to show us how its done. And if she gets women who hav never used canna before using, and enjoying its effects, then that's great for those under prohibition. The more positive stuff about it the better for me

Exactly!!!