What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trudeau: I Want to Legalize Weed, but They Won’t Let Me

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
no red tape involved. you just tell the ineffectual UN to go suck a root...what are they going to do? the US pays their damn bills...

https://youtu.be/2Z9Hvo7p8Dw?t=2m54s

Bush: U.N. [United Nations], you get problem with that? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh! wait a minute! You don't have an army! So I guess that means you need to shut the fuck up! That's what I would do if I don't have an army, I would shut the fuck up. [leans towards microphones on the podium] Shut, the, fuck, up!. That's right! Kofi Annan, you think I'm going to take orders from an African? You might speak sixteen languages, but you gonna need them when you in Times Square selling fake hats. And I know fake Gucci when I see it, nigga I'm rich!

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
unfortunately in Canukistan , we have a liberal party that for the last 50 years, fully embraces the idea of Canadians losing their personal freedoms based on demands from the UN. Like I said before, nothing but dog heeling to the UN masters.

face it folks, they (trudeau) bold faced lied and everyone got distracted by the haircut.
Once the global corporate world has wrapped it's collective head around how best to maximize profit and negate liability..... oh and lockout the little guy.... then and only then will we see "legal" cannabis is Canada.
just my strong opinion, based on actually living here and following along for my entire adult life ;)
hopefully I'm wrong.... that would be nice.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
unfortunately in Canukistan , we have a liberal party that for the last 50 years, fully embraces the idea of Canadians losing their personal freedoms based on demands from the UN. Like I said before, nothing but dog heeling to the UN masters.

face it folks, they (trudeau) bold faced lied and everyone got distracted by the haircut.
Once the global corporate world has wrapped it's collective head around how best to maximize profit and negate liability..... oh and lockout the little guy.... then and only then will we see "legal" cannabis is Canada.
just my strong opinion, based on actually living here and following along for my entire adult life ;)

No, you're pretty much correct. The Liberals have historically been the big money party too. Most Canadians of course are blissfully unaware of this fact.

Hell most of Canada wants to see a fascist system of distribution setup. This doesn't really pertain to most who post here, but most Canadians are very out to lunch when it comes to government.

I voted Libertarian... not that it mattered.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
I won't say how I voted but I will say, I've been actively working with my family stateside to make the move to the US. LOL

vancityj

I won't say how I voted but I will say, I've been actively working with my family stateside to make the move to the US. LOL

It's quite apparent how you voted. You're just a sore loser who backed a red-necked fascist named Harper, whose Conservative Party sadists had a fetish to punish those in the cannabis culture. You had yours via the MMAR licence, so didn't give a flying fuck about anyone else who might be hassled under unjust laws. Meanwhile, Trudeau, whose deceased brother also apparently smoked cannabis, wants to fully legalize, rather than any decriminalization nonsense, which he made clear as part of his election platform which saw the Liberals win very handily. Where's the down side? This is a work in progress, and has just begun.

"I've been actively working with my family stateside to make the move to the US. LOL"

Good riddance.

Justin Trudeau defends marijuana stance, says he won’t let Tory attack ads knock him off course
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...wont-let-tory-attack-ads-knock-him-off-course

Harper slams Senate pot report
A Senate committee report recommending the legalization of marijuana has drawn sharp criticism from Canadian Alliance Leader Stephen Harper.
The father of two small children said Thursday he doesn't buy arguments made by the senators that alcohol is more harmful than smoking marijuana.
"As a parent, I would be more concerned about pot use than alcohol use by my children, even in moderation," said Harper.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/harper-slams-senate-pot-report-1.318857

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
^^^^ I mean no offense my friend, but there are more than just libs and cons to vote for.
I haven't made any of my comments here to personally attack members for their views, please don't come at me with bullshit over my opinion, especially when I am optimistically hopefull that I am wrong.

however, history tells me a different story and I've been studying politics and paying attention since I was old enough to do so. So funny the anti harper people, I might not have liked the conservatives policy but I certainly don't spout off at the mouth with accusations insinuating that someone is a harper fan or voted conservative because they think trudeau is a lying sack of shit, chipped right off the block of his piece of shit father.

I'm gonna stop now out of respect for others, I've stated my opinion LOL take or leave it. only time will tell if I'm right and I hope I'm not ;)

CoCoSativas

Wow weird thread lots of people jumping tynehead Tom over his opinion.

This whole deal is a drag everyone thought legalization would be good it's going to be a long drawn out scam that probably will only see massive companies raking in the cash selling you garbage.

Fuck the law just be careful and do your thing. I'm a outlaw grower always have been and will be if the laws don't suit me. I have a med script for the l.p. shit it sucks so I grow my own and stick it in their packs... just be smart, grow your dope and fuck everyone else. They gave us charcoal filters and stuff to make it possible, stop worrying how fast or slow or how good legalization will come and be and just do your thing.

Lol politics fuck it I never vote. If I did I'd never talk about it because I gets nasty ffast.

My opinion though is the current system suits me just fine. Fuck em there's no regulation do what you want at your own risk. That's my kinda deal...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
In the end it got him enough votes to be the man. The old adage is, "Don't tell em what they need to hear, tell em what they want to hear."

In other words,

"If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit"

Same shit, different country....

Jhhnn

Veteran

I don't understand the part about the UN. Could you elaborate please?

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran

I could be wrong but I believe he's referring to the UN drug treaties every country has signed off on prohibiting legalization of any kind.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
meanwhile Israel has a stockpile of secret Nuclear weapons that the UN ignores.

it's no secret. they have had them for years as most of the world knew...in particular, their Arab neighbors. one of the reasons they still exist as a nation, God bless 'em...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Move down south, we'll gladly take a
Syrian with work ethic than another entitled whiney shit. Maybe we can trade you for a half dozen Americans after they flee north to evade the United States of Trump.

Government works slowly. If in your years of following along you haven't realized this, go back to square one.

Besides the monumental task of stripping the Conservative influence from all aspects of government, business and most importantly, our scientific community, every special interest group is screaming for changes. Each one thinks their cause needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

Wake up to reality. What is important to you is moot to another, and there are far more pressing concerns running a country than letting one small group of people smoke themselves silly legally.

Was it an election promise? Yes. Are they doing something about it? Yes, albeit slowly. What a fuckin' surprise.

Don't agree with how they're doing it? Here's a tissue to cry your heart into.

What is put forward eventually will not satisfy all parties, at best minor possession and consumption will pass. The rest will probably be a corporate scheme a la MMPR.

There will be tissues a plenty.

I could care less. Like many others, I'll keep doing what I do regardless of what some pencil pusher back east says. But thanks for the taxes back, I got drunk and bought some new gear.

By the by, I voted Green and don't hide it. Grow a pair. At least we didn't elect Mulcair or his used car salesman predecessor.

Genghis Kush

it's no secret. they have had them for years as most of the world knew...in particular, their Arab neighbors. one of the reasons they still exist as a nation, God bless 'em...

Zionism = Nazism

My point was that if the UN can turn a blind eye to something of that magnitude than its a joke to think that weed matters to them.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway

while I'm not one of those guys that can list off a bunch of links to give you shining examples of what I mean..... there are several facets of Canadian life where Canada follows the UN model.
which is fine for the most part.
BUT let's look at a couple key things that are beacons to personal freedom in north America.
One is the lawful possession and use of firearms. Canada has no second amendment protection here. We have typically looked to the conservative party as the friend of the hunter and sports shooter. These guys "defer" and sideline the UN civillian disarmament agaenda that has a negative effect on the personal freedom of the law abiding Canadian. The Liberals on the other hand do not defer or sideline, they "embrace" these outside controls on their law abiding citizens and their hard earned personal property. FWIW , Bill Blair, the guy in charge of the marijuana profile, before being handed the current job, played a highly active role in the liberal party's anti gun agenda, targeting the law abiding, licensed citizens in Ontario (and beyond).
it is extremely odd that he would be given the pot profile considering his back ground. Everyone should be quite concerned about this.
the UN is all about social engineering the countries that tow the line. The liberal Party of canada is and always has been, in lockstep with this type of governmental thinking. your rights and personal freedoms be damned.

Anyone who thinks that a guy running for prime minister, promising weed legalization, didn't "know about" those UN regulations going in..... is fooling themselves.
He knew, they all knew, yet they promised it to Canadians anyways.

well, that's about all I care to contribute. I'm not trying to preach to anyone, just sounding off.
hopefully Canadian Judges continue passing judgements in our favour.
Free the plant, Overgrow the government.

gotnoname

LETS KEEP IT ILLEGAL, dosent the governement have enough tax money already ?? legalisation will only benefit some big corporation and the only jobs that will be created for the average person will be shitty.

dannykarey

^^^ I agree. I can't see the liberals NOT knowing about the UN regulations before stating that they would legalize.

I bet they drag this out until the next election and then it'll be "now we can legalize", so they get voted in again and then.....Nothing LOL!!

......I really hope I'm wrong.

Danny

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
^^^ I agree. I can't see the liberals NOT knowing about the UN regulations before stating that they would legalize.

I bet they drag this out until the next election and then it'll be "now we can legalize", so they get voted in again and then.....Nothing LOL!!

......I really hope I'm wrong.

Danny

nope, they (the liberals) are actively seeking to make changes to Canada electoral process that would see the liberal government potentially stay in power indefinitely.
again, I have no links or quotes for you, use your google-fu and spend "some" hours doing some research.

this is why there are 1.4 million Canadians (firearms owners) looking at all the pot smoking liberal voters.... just shaking their heads saying "I told ya so" . At least harper was straight up and we all knew where we stood, didn't have to like it , but we didn't get lied to.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Zionism = Nazism

My point was that if the UN can turn a blind eye to something of that magnitude than its a joke to think that weed matters to them.

they have not turned a blind eye to it. there simply is nothing that they CAN do about it.:biggrin: so, you think jewish nationalism is the equivalent of the Nazis determination to kill all jews, Gypsies, etc during WW2, & conquer/enslave the entire world? very interesting. are you German by any chance? just curious...