What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

STOP BIG WEED before its too late!

LostTribe

Premium user
We the free people must act fast to fight back against the Corporate take over of the Cannabis Industy! Big Weed is already coming in to the legal and med scene in most states. They profit from vertically integrated corporations that seek to minimize cost of production while maintaining the highest profit margin possible.

The great problem with Legalization is that once the government takes over they will do just that. People in California I have heard believe that Big Weed will be the only one left standing leaving the small early prohibition growers completely out of the game. And they will not do this nice and peacefully, but with great force! Legal means, fiscal penalties and by putting boots on the ground by means of heavily armed compliance task forces. Also don't forget about the IRS whom Big Weed will certainly have lobbyist busy supporting their assault.

This Machine will effectively eliminate how you currently view the future of a Free Weed America! They will do everything necessary to monopolize and take over. Hiring away the top minds in the field leaving the rest to fight for their rights to freedom in a marginalized false freedom.

Thinking in depth about how to provide a better outlook on the future of legal weed it seems hard to stop the progression of what has already begun and will continue without a great fight for our free land!

This will be hard at first as through prohibition and the reefer madness days keep the other 49% of people afraid and keep them focused on how to keep themselves safe.

So it is important for everyone to act accordingly. Improve your appearance and act more as a businessman than a farmer or "dealer". Take a more honored approach to what you do and say. Respect gains respect.

It is important to begin open discussions with the other 49% of those that oppose legalization as they may choose to favor Big Weed in hopes it will somehow keep us safer as the government will have not just one hand in it but both.

The people that started this movement many decades ago did not start out pushing for a corporate take over but rather a simple change in thought across entire generations of people. Speak often and be heard! Be willing to discuss with good intention and use intelligent fact based reasoning in discussions.

Big Weed can be stopped. But we have to stick together and continue to speak out as we always have! Trying to influence the ones around you buy growing better pot than the big companies provide is the first thing. Beating them at their own game is the most important however.

Vertically integrate your enterprises. Top to bottom from seed to clone to harvest, sale and review. Keep out the middle man and use as little as needed to produce the best product and grow not only your sacred herb but your business mind as well.

Gratefully yours,

LT

sorry seems like a rant but I have been reading alot of bad injustice

amannamedtruth

Veteran
It seems to myself that in a free society, the citizenry should feel free to purchase from any entity, regardless of scale.

Any person or entity should feel free to do what they can to remain competitive in a free market, with regulation being decided by an educated and informed consumer.

LostTribe

Premium user
Unfortunately Big Money Lobbyists have themselves in mind, over what is healthy and good for the consumer.

I am simply stating that those that care about the future ought to get informed on the political corruption of companies like Eli Lilly, DuPont, Yes Monsanto, any number of Tobacco producers, and even your kid's favorite soft drink, Coca Cola.

Everyone of these companies is at it to make money and destroy and for that matter kill anyone that falls for their gimmicks. First it was some honey bee's, next it's you!

Can't wait to see what you say 10 years from now, probably a great deal sooner, when Monsanto starts splicing bacteria genes into your weed as they are currently doing with over 80% of the groceries on your store's shelfs. They do that so they can spray their corn, sugar beets, you name it with ton's and ton's of highly cancerous pesticides like roundup. Studies have shown this to cause cancer in mice and lab rats.

It is allowed to happen because the FDA does not conduct any research on GMO franchenfood's. They leave all that up to the companies like Monsanto doing the genetic modifications. What incentive does a company have to say, oh by the way that might kill someone. What makes it wrong isn't the fact that its something wrong like weed or beer or tobacco. You the American people are being led to believe the food we are consuming is safe for consumption when in fact that is absolutely incorrect.

It is not healthy, it is just plain stupid! They should be shut down and each head of those companies should be brought to justice.

LostTribe

Premium user
This is already happening with the marijuana industry behind closed doors and it started way before legalization.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^
I wouldn't exactly be calling that bill "anti-establishment"... especially since the bill give "establishment" the authority to carry out the laws being voted on within the bill.

A constitutional Amendment that includes personal home growing is the only true protection for the individuals that make up a state. Politicians & corporations, that desire a piece of the market share, know this so come up with all these other legislative actions to throw in the peoples faces giving them some semblance of "choice".

oldchuck

Veteran
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold rule.

Regarding weed legalization, it seems inevitable there will be plenty of golden ruling but they can get stupid about it. Like in Ohio, throw tons of money at legalization in exchange for a monopoly. Didn't work, too crude.

Others are more subtle about it. They are investing heavily in donations to so called weed advocacy groups, you know, lobbyists. The most obvious industry captive now seems to be the Marijuana Policy Project. Recently one of their top guys resigned, saying he didn't want to work for the "industry" but for the consumer.

Home growing is important, even if most people won't do it. Me, I think I'll invest in GW pharmacy.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
The biggest threat to humanity is the corporate veil.

I also wrote some time ago how the shift of income of MJ from lower and middle class to the 1% is going to destroy our classes. There is some short term quick legal money to be made, but it will go the way of the mom and pop video store once big money pays off government to limit competition.

Already the model in certain med states.

rangergord

Lots of issues to be concerned about as legalization is implemented. Right to grow for personal use must be protected at all costs. Get involved politically with the best legalization initiative in your state. Make sure the important issues are addressed according to established consensus. Require labeling standards that would identify any monsanto GMO's. What consumer in their right mind would knowingly smoke GMO cannabis?. Maintain freedom of choice butressed by the individual right to grow for personal use.
Even if many small producers are enabled to legally grow for market, over time competition will result in fewer and larger producers. The successful ones will produce more, for lower prices and quality control will be standardized. Regulation is the tool of corporate dominance. The more regulation that must be followed, the larger the corporation must be. Taxation is a big issue, if taxes are too high, the black market will continue. Over regulation , enforcement and taxation will mean black market opportunity just as it is right now. In the long run it will all even out. Look at food farming. Its dominated by large corporates but its the small producers now driving the market, trends, quality, and meeting changing consumer demands. They have market credibility. The large corporates have to buy them up to try to enhance their sagging market cred.

waveguide

Veteran
centralised authority is inherently dangerous when one considers that corruption happens. "them that's got the gold rule," and "power corrupts absolutely".

it's a lesson we're all learning, painfully, and i appreciate every step to deauthorise "them" and reauthorise autonomy.

of course, culturally, it's a tough slog, with all their soldiers working hard to convince us that we need authority to trust and regulate, that it's better to let them do the thinking and encourage us to trust instead of think. you'll see their little soldiers scurrying about these boards, passing off the same cliche cultural bullshit, trying to lull all the slackers back into the 1950's or some shit. fuck if you can get a word in the "totally random thread" without cliche patrol making sure it's full of dead worthless thoughts because masons are everywhere smiling and trying to get you to shake their hand, or do anything in the "proper" way to keep you acting well trained.

S

sativaking

We got into this convo over in the Canadian forum. I think if small scale growers would get their stuff certified there would be less of an issue. In Canada right now everyone seems to be starting these giant companies and there have already been recalls on a lot of product. Its almost like they don't have enough time to perfect it and whether or not they are pheno hunting correctly is up in the air. (pheno hunting meaning searching for the pheno that gives u the best experience...not just hunting for better yields etc.) The cool thing is you can grow in a garage as long as it meets the security requirements.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=315486

Last edited:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I think growing for one's own needs should not be forfeited or compromised by these laws and this is the biggest threat in many markets.

The people that started this movement many decades ago did not start out pushing for a corporate take over but rather a simple change in thought across entire generations of people.

exactly. which is why if you grow your own and encourage everyone else to grow their own, then nothing the corporate and government guys want or will do can affect you.

OverGrow the Planet.
:watchplant::plant grow::smokeit:

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Big Weed will never have a monopoly when people grow their own.

For people who want to buy their weed legally, I don't see a monopoly happening either. Do the big beer companies rule the market and crush all competition? Going to a liquor store these days, you see more choice than ever. Small breweries compete and find success too.

bigAl25

Veteran
I don't give a shit what big ganja does or does not. I will always smoke my organic grown, properly flushed and mason jarred cured ganja until I'm too damn old to grow for myself and a few select friends and family. I am sure this will continue whatever happens. The stuff I bought in Denver in 2014 was not as good as my stuff. Peace and respect Mon. May Stevie Ray and Gary Moore play forever in heaven and on my Bose and Klipsch speakers.

LostTribe

Premium user
I agree the quality will suffer at first but once they hire away all of the experts then that quality will rise. Don't forget they will and are using genetically modified plants to benefit themselves as well. Higher yield, disease resistant, emitting its own pesticides, quicker finish.

Smaller home growers are more inclined to use the best ingredients as well and normally benefit from more time on less plants.

S

sativaking

I agree the quality will suffer at first but once they hire away all of the experts then that quality will rise. Don't forget they will and are using genetically modified plants to benefit themselves as well. Higher yield, disease resistant, emitting its own pesticides, quicker finish.

Smaller home growers are more inclined to use the best ingredients as well and normally benefit from more time on less plants.

Do you have a link to a Cannabis strain that emits its own pesticide. Haven't heard of that.

Its biochemistry.

D-limonene dissolves termites and most other bugs yet is healthy for us to ingest. Thats the orange smelling terpenoid, and just one of many. Similar to how all cactusses use mescaline as a pesticide.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts