What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any advice to go with the 20g camo 707 bags? (50 of em)

Zarezhu

Hey guys,

Im here in sunny california, and I just got the go ahead to set up an outdoor (d'oh!). I don't like to set up gardens this late in the season, so I've been thinking of how to keep setup FAST and cheap.

Theres obviously very little time to set up a full season garden, as I like to be planted by early May. Huge property, covered in weeds (I'll be weedwacking). I was thinking, I can just drop 50 of the roots 707 bags (30g plastic camo bags, with 20g of soil in em). It would take 1 or 2 days to clear the garden area and drop the bags in. By the time the sun is super intense here in the sac area, the plants should be far bigger than the grow bags, and they'll shade the bags. There's a lot of tallish grass we can keep around to help shade and keep plants out of sight. There's a few tall trees around that will help with shade as well.

I'm VERY anal about IPM. I'd keep rotating sprays (neem/organocide/azamax/mycotrol o) to ensure no bugs survive on the plants.

I'd most likely start feeding with the full Earth Juice lineup starting about 3-4 weeks into the grow. Plants will be supported well and trellised.

I just have no experience growing in such small pots. I'm used to 100-200 gallon mounds outdoors. I'm aware these small pots will stall growth some, which I'm okay with. I'm also aware that these small pots will likely require daily watering come mid seasons 100 degree days. This isn't really a problem.

I've got a lot of teen plants ready to go outdoors in a week if needed. However, considering I'm only using 20g pots, I MAY take fresh clones tonight, and just plant the rooted clones in the pots. I've found that small clones grow vigorously outdoors, opposed to larger teens than have a significant stall period.

Anybody Have any experience or valuable insight in regards to these 707 bags? What to do with them, what not to do?

Thanks in advance guys. Hope everybodys enjoying the warmth.

Zarezhu

So I did somw research, and apparently these bags, bbecause theyre plastic, get pretty hot, and hold the heat in.

Planning on burying them 75% in the ground. Likely going to put some straw in as well, to help with evaporation. They should stay cool and wet for longer periods of time.

I like the idea of the plastic bags in the ground (holes poked in the bottom) because it will easier keep the nutrients in the rootzone, and keep the rootzone cooler.

Any suggestions?

Zarezhu

I know its fairly low in amendments/nutes. I have a 275g tote that will function as my nutrient res. I expect that I'll have to feed every other watering, or every 2 plain waterings..

I'm considering Earth Juice and I'm considering Maxsea Grow/Bloom. They're both somewhat cheaper but effective lineups. Hopefully there's enough calcium in the liquid nutes to maintain health =]

jtk707

I would go with maxsea . It's simple and I have used earth juice and maxsea .... The finish product was better with maxsea .... Good luck

EastBayGrower

Veteran
mix in 3 cups calcium carbonate/oyster shell to each bag.. at the very least, i have a soiltest on 707,ill see what else...

ca is low, mg is fine, k is high... but adding more Ca will bakance, PH at 6, so calcarb will help raise it...

micros low

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
I have some advice. Those bags are expensive as shit. Last year I bought bulk size 7, 10, 15, 20 and 50 gallon grow bags (just plain black ones) and some camo spray paint (the kind made for plastics, rustoleum was the best for this) and painted them my self, with three different camo shades.

My medium consisted of promix, compost, water polymer crystals (mostly in bottom of container), azomite, mykos, azos, oyster shell, kelp and some epsoma garden tone and I got tons of killer bud in straight guerilla growing style here in the Appalachia. They were located in a field about 600 feet from the road and the only thing that I hated about it was the amount of water I had to do... Dropped four 5 gallon containers of water off on side of road before going to the location where I parked and a couple milk jugs. Filled the jugs, hauled about 70 gallons of water every other night and learned to eventually do my watering in a different style. Do some one night, some the next, then the next and instead of trying to water all in one night.

Big yields paid off... Hard work paid off. They bush hogged all around them and never seen them. I used jacks classic bloom all through flowering with mollases and fox farms beastie bloomz towards the end.

This year, only a handful of plants will be guerilla grown in containers and will mostly be put into the ground. The work was literally back breaking, I had 38 plants I watered everyday in containers. The ones in the ground in a separate location did just as well with no watering. Only during feedings. The quality was just as close as well. This year I think i will try about 5 plants in 100 gallon containers guerilla style, that I will put lots of care into and do the rest in the ground, instead of beating myself to death. At the time I was running testosterone and trenbelone haha so I could totally drop most of my back routine with hauling jugs and got a hell of a ripped back.

I'm paying for it now.

Averaged 4 to 20 ounces per container 5 to 20 gallons. Never used the larger ones.

Zarezhu

Thank for the input, guys.

After talking with a few people about my plans, I've decided against the 20 gallon pots. I'd end up having to water like a madman, and I'd regret the small containers within a month or two.

Have an excavator coming tomorrow, and 50 yards of soil coming this weekend. Gonna be a hell of a year.

Latest posts

Latest posts