What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Step by step bubble cloner set up (good for newb cloners)

toppin

Veteran
Great thread cortez.

Going to have a blast at making one this weekend, i like the cool box idea.

supervince

I take them out of the cloner when the roots are about 2" (longer gave me issues, shorter is fine) and then I grab a solo cup filled 2/3 with my soil. I jam my finger in to the knuckle, dust some mychorizae into the hole then gently lower the clone into the hole. I then gently fill in the rest of the cup with soil and finally I water it in till water runs out the bottom. That settles the soil in/on/around the roots I believe. The cup goes under the floro and doesn't get any more water for usually a week or so (very dry looking).

supervince

I take them out of the cloner when the roots are about 2" (longer gave me issues, shorter is fine) and then I grab a solo cup filled 2/3 with my soil. I jam my finger in to the knuckle, dust some mychorizae into the hole then gently lower the clone into the hole. I then gently fill in the rest of the cup with soil and finally I water it in till water runs out the bottom. That settles the soil in/on/around the roots I believe. The cup goes under the floro and doesn't get any more water for usually a week or so (very dry looking).

That was a reply to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftsig View Post
hi there , whats the best way to transplant the clones in to soil after rooting in the bubble cloner?
Any suggestions? Has this question been answered already in this or some other thread?

I would say that a rooted cutting coming from a very humid environment with no soil going to a soil environment will need a significant amount of moisture in said soil? Correct?

IngFarmer

super thread! thanks cortez..so at the end this is what must be done to have roots in the shortest time possible...
1) bubbler in water
2)heater
3)splitting stem in two after cutting
4)patience

did I get that right?