What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Kush" bagseed grow

GDB

Sammet: thanks - looking forward to transplanting them and seeing what happens. These are all being done under HPS so some tweaking of the distance was definitely necessary.

rkrone: I only got one seed so even if it is a runt or male I will save it.

GDB

Hey guys, back with an update! It's been a great month+ so far and it's only going to get better. I'll let these beauties keep going and when I get a chance clone+sex them. Keep your heads UP! :yummy:

Kush Day 40 - nuff said! this bitch is stinky as fuck!

TD1 Day 40 - this was the runt its got some major mutations and already stinks!

B1 Day 40 - control group this stuff is looking decent

B2 Day 40 - control group N hungry bastard with a little MG def

B3 Day 40 - control group

Purp - picture of the top mmmmmm goodness stanky stanky!

Male clone in veg that I am using for a small breeding project with my parent line.

Same clone producing pollen sacks - free seeds anyone?

GDB

Here is a pic of the JM1 it started to change colors and grow weird - will definitely have to undergo further testing.

GDB

OK guys here is an update!

Everything is going good but I'm getting some minor necrosis and dead spots on some leaves. If I see any more wilting I'll be transplanting and flushing with some H2O2 - there have been some gnats around - hate those buggers.

Kush Day 50 - coming strong - slow grower but a beautiful plant.

TD1 Day 50 - amazing looking strain and it smells great during veg. still have about 5 of these seeds left so that's good for a one off germ.

Mutant Day 20 - this plant is from my latest round of germinations, talk about weird leaf formation!

crzyrsn

You mentioned that the seed was small and weak, and that the distributor/grower said that you wont find any anyway. To me, this would suggest that the seed was of hermie origin? Was the seed a light color, or even white (i.e. underdeveloped)? In my early/experimental grows I would search for ANY seeds that came out of kindbud, only to be dissapointed almost EVERY single time with the finished product. Even seeds that looked completely mature, i.e. brown, veiny, etc., would look reasonably good in veg, would turn out to be the worst cannabis I have ever seen. Very leafy, chem flavor/odor (i do org soil), low cola density, and most importantly very LITTLE trich development, and utterly worthless in potency. :badday:

Of course there is the off chance of getting a real femaleXmale cross in a bag of sensimillia. But i would have to assume that a stray male getting accidentally left in, in a commercial grow, has such little probability, that is almost NEVER happens.

I am very interested if you can get better results!! :nono:

GDB

crzyrsn said:
You mentioned that the seed was small and weak, and that the distributor/grower said that you wont find any anyway. To me, this would suggest that the seed was of hermie origin? Was the seed a light color, or even white (i.e. underdeveloped)? In my early/experimental grows I would search for ANY seeds that came out of kindbud, only to be dissapointed almost EVERY single time with the finished product. Even seeds that looked completely mature, i.e. brown, veiny, etc., would look reasonably good in veg, would turn out to be the worst cannabis I have ever seen. Very leafy, chem flavor/odor (i do org soil), low cola density, and most importantly very LITTLE trich development, and utterly worthless in potency. :badday:

Of course there is the off chance of getting a real femaleXmale cross in a bag of sensimillia. But i would have to assume that a stray male getting accidentally left in, in a commercial grow, has such little probability, that is almost NEVER happens.

I am very interested if you can get better results!! :nono:

The reeking stench of disinformation makes that almost not worth replying to.

1. Small stature plants and a slow starting seeds doesn't mean anything - some of the most potent pot I've ever smoked had the worst vegetative qualities.

2. Being that there have been no seeds found (grower himself said it) it is a possibility that this came from a female that threw a few in the last weeks of flowering. There are many "high potency" and very popular "named" strains that have originated from this exact situation. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth or the chance to play with genetics you would never have in the first place.

3. Seed color, size, shape, mottling/tiger strips etc. has no relevance to the actual quality of the plant.

4. Why don't you post some pics of your early grows or product? If you had issues in your early experimental grows it was most likely your lack of experience and not the genetics or the simple fact you just had plain "schwag".

5. I am not convinced by anyone that says "all bagseed will herm" or "all bagseed is schwag". It seems there are alot of people who haven't been in this realm long enough to realize these things have as much to do with environment and karma as they do with genetics. Yes I said karma bitches, you know who you are, Mr. droopy leaves. We all know who you are.

6. If the quality of your pot was not up to par or was leafy and had very "chem" tastes then you screwed up somewhere. Organically grown pot with very "chem" taste makes no sense. Most people these days are actively seeking the "chem" or "fuel" taste (if you can call it that). The only times I have seen leafy pot is when someone cuts their plants down too early, even the most leafy greenest plant you can grow will have calyxes that swell during the last week of flowering. Was your product not manicured?

I would rather deal with "bagseed" than half the stuff people consider genetics these days. You truly never know what to expect either way and it is definitely no toss-up if you're experienced in the first place. If the pot was decent out of the bag it can only become more decent through methodology and means. Knowledge is empowerment and only through knowledge can one be set free from these chained type of ideals.

As a side note I would like to add that anyone who has actually grown the "worst cannabis" they have seen should probably not be growing cannabis.

Smoke one!

:wave:

G

GDB said:
The reeking stench of disinformation makes that almost not worth replying to.

What a bitchy way to start a reply.

:rant:

But that dosn't take away the fact that this is an interresting grow, I shall follow.

G

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, I'm just saying that's no way to adress other people.

But do your thing, arrogance is just what the growing community needs.

G

cannabisus- dude, you jumped into his thread with all that talk about hermie stock, and worst cannabis ever, and on and on. he was right to say that your post was riddled with disinformation and didnt even garner a reply, but as a true member of ic mag he answered your post. and answered it with proper knowledge. absorb knowledge from this site dont bash its members. and i grow bagseed as well and here is some more proof positive:

Last edited:

GDB

Here is a quick update: 90 days of veg has yielded 3 clones that rooted and a beautiful plant. I'll sex this gal to be 100% sure that she is a gal, we're pretty positive shes fem.

Leaf Day 90

Plant from the top Day 90

G

guest5703

haha you guys fighting is just non sense we should all be getting along. If you don't have anything nice to say then shut the heck up! Any hoo on the the dankness GDB!!!

That "kush" you got there really does look kushy bro, my bubba kush has deep red stripes that can go down the center of the leaves in flower and yours has it right now in veg! Gotta love it too, it looks like sativa dominant and as I hear that's more of a OG kush. ? Well nice grow man I'll stop in again soon PEACE!

GDB

caligreen said:
haha you guys fighting is just non sense we should all be getting along. If you don't have anything nice to say then shut the heck up! Any hoo on the the dankness GDB!!!

That "kush" you got there really does look kushy bro, my bubba kush has deep red stripes that can go down the center of the leaves in flower and yours has it right now in veg! Gotta love it too, it looks like sativa dominant and as I hear that's more of a OG kush. ? Well nice grow man I'll stop in again soon PEACE!

No fighting just idiots running rampant on this place sometimes. That's why we gotta keep em in check. :spank:

Thanks for the support on the "kushness" of this, what a joke even having to say that. It seems like people these days are all up in arms about their specific Kush cuttings(all five that exist on this planet?? haha) or who gave who what and wasn't supposed to (pure jokers) or the fact that no Kush seedline can compare to theirs. I hate to break it to those fools but there is nothing worthwhile about hording a specific strain or in promoting the complete BS that has made people claim all these "elite" clones.

Hopefully this was some OGK or Bubba or better yet just some plain old KUSH, because if it's good then I'll be sure to spread it like wildfire and cross it with as many genetics possible. We'll call it a KUSH ORGY minus the sloppy seconds and the over-hyped bull$hit strictly for profit game running wild right now.

K+ to all the true "OG" who are promoting life+cannabis+love+beauty+preservation etc.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

:rasta:

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
I remember the stems on the Kush I grew having red stems, but it wasn't one of those special clone only strains, just a master kush.. or something similar (still wonderful smoke though). Your plants look great, best of luck.

G

guest5703

I remember the stems on the Kush I grew having red stems

That's what im talking about! haha, I just picked up some "kush" last night, BOMB to say the least. Super stoney even for experienced smokers. I have a 60X-100X scope and I can see all the amber trichomes and I'm way happy about that. The smell is lemony, piney, and I sware some sort of diesel. I think it's super legit, and it knocks me off my ass so I'm glad I got it, YEA KUSH!!!

GDB

ixnay007 said:
I remember the stems on the Kush I grew having red stems, but it wasn't one of those special clone only strains, just a master kush.. or something similar (still wonderful smoke though). Your plants look great, best of luck.

Do you have any pictures of the red stems? I swear these are not over or underferted the least bit. My veg ferts are 100% organic and smell like malted chocolate, still haven't seen a strain disagree with it. For flowering I use a mix of the hydro-organic style nutrients. (PBP, LK, etc.)

caligreen said:
That's what im talking about! haha, I just picked up some "kush" last night, BOMB to say the least. Super stoney even for experienced smokers. I have a 60X-100X scope and I can see all the amber trichomes and I'm way happy about that. The smell is lemony, piney, and I swear some sort of diesel. I think it's super legit, and it knocks me off my ass so I'm glad I got it, YEA KUSH!!!

find any seeds? I wonder how much lemon taste I'll get out of this girl, if any.
If shes not a girl I will use the pollen to hit a "fruit punch" pheno from my P1 mom, the buds smell of fruit punch with a hint of skunk.

PlantConiesseur said:
Looking good bro! nice come up! she looks healthy!best of wishes from pc!

Thanks for the good vibes bro, all the best to you as well.

"Hey kid, rock and roll, rock on" :headbange :joint:

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
GDB said:
Do you have any pictures of the red stems? I swear these are not over or underferted the least bit. My veg ferts are 100% organic and smell like malted chocolate, still haven't seen a strain disagree with it. For flowering I use a mix of the hydro-organic style nutrients. (PBP, LK, etc.)

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of that crop, it was a few years ago, I just remember the stems being red/purple from seed almost, and the leaves being fat and dark green, it wasn't a cold thing, or nute problems, definitely a kush trait.