What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Bagseed" cabinet grow

Tokabowl

Right, after my last grow having been terminated dramatically early (see Blueberry&Grapefruit in sig...), here I am starting all over again.
Time is going to be a very big issue this run because I have to harvest on the sometime close to the 18th Dec... from today that gives me 50 days to finish these lol :yoinks: . I'm not expecting anything special from this harvest, but after the drought theres been round here, any weed will be better than none... (and its more growing knowledge thatll be acquired :joint: ).
Thats why Ive decided to not waste any expensive genetics, and do a run of "bagseed".

Now for a little history about the seeds:
A good friend of mine gave me a dozen seeds back at school in 2001 (theyre the seeds that enabled me to start growing, ill never be able to thank this person enough). He had got them from some nice local weed (southern france) that had most probably been grown outdoors. So i planted these beans outdoors and my first harvest was quite succesful and the weed turned out extremely nice and very potent. I had not removed all the males early enough (noob mistake... or maybe not :chin: ) so i got some more seeds from that harvest. At that point I had been bitten by the grow bug. So the next year i went and bought some lights and started growing indoors for the winter, I grew out Buddha and Mazaar from DP with succes. Then came the summer again and i did both indoor and outdoor grows (DP strains indoor, "bagseed" out) but i ended up with a DP Buddha male, so I decided to not waste the male and i pollinated a branch of an outdoor bagseed female with the pollen from the Buddha...
This gave rise to the seeds Ive got growing now.

Sorry bout the long introduction, the reason Im telling you this is because Ive got about 200 of these seeds I'd happily send to Gypsy for the freebie roundup, not sure what to call them but ill think about it if you guys are interested. As such Ive never grown them indoors under HIDs so this grow should be quite interesting.

Back to time shortage, because of this I'm going to hardly veg them (another week from now, they popped out of the soil 3 days ago). This way Ill just be able to squeeze in 43 days of 12/12.
Now these are definitely Indica dominent so Im hoping they will be somewhat developped by then, but then again they are bagseed so we could be up for a number of surprises...

Right nuff talking, here are some pics of the seedlings, 3 days from breaking the ground:

Out of 10 seeds, 8 germinated and 7 broke the ground (not much hope left for the 8th). Im hoping to end up with 3-4 females...

They are under the 150W HPS...
Another thing: HANDLE ENVIROLITES WITH EXTREME CARE THEY ARE FRAGILE AS F**K
Yes I learned this the hard way, and as i was taking one out to switch place with the hps, it broke... :/ 2 tubes completely snapped... Upon inspection of the 2nd bulb after this i noticed it also had a v small crack in one of the tubes so I dare not use it anymore... I'll go out and buy another 2 when i have the cash and make sure im not clumsy with them this time...

Right well that about rounds it up, frequent updates to come :lurk: , enjoy

Peace

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I was always interested in the bagseed x kind cross. I got about 40 random bagseeds. Some day I'll grow them out and see if I can find anything special out of them. It's always been an interesting breeding experiment idea. Good luck.

G

Think you have given yourself quite a challenge with the time till harvest but it makes this all the more watchable.
I don't get bag seeds i haven't bought any weed for yrs its almost tempting to see if i can find some seeds but i think i will just try and expand my group of grow fiends.
I will pull up a chair and stop rambling.
Good luck with this grow!
~neilspotshop

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
dang srry bout the envros hopefully you'll have better luck this round

Tokabowl

Update, day 6

Update, day 6

Thanks for poppin in guys:wave:
Well here are the babies 6 days in. They are in Bio Bizz All Mix soil (a bit hot to start seedlings in actually, but it seems they are coping well). I watered them with some Canna Rhizotonic (root stimulator) yesterday, pH adjusted to 6.8. I'm gradually bringing the light closer to the tops although it is still about 50cm away. Temps range from 24 to 29C lights on (they are still in 24/0). I will switch them to 18/6 tomorrow for a couple of days and then put them in 12/12 either sunday or monday. I plan on feeding them once with a blend of 1/4 strength veg nutes (canna terra vega) and 1/4 strength bloom nutes (terra flores) when i switch to 12/12 and then transplant them from the pots they are in now to 7L pots about one week into 12/12, by then the rootmass in these 1L pots should be quite developed. Once they are in these pots i will feed them only bloom nutes coz there will be extra N from the new soil anyway.
Heres are the pics from today:

9931Seedlings_009.jpg

9931Seedlings_008.jpg

9931Seedlings_010.jpg

9931Seedlings_011.jpg

9931Seedlings_012.jpg

9931Seedlings_013.jpg

9931Seedlings_014.jpg

9931Seedlings_015.jpg

9931Seedlings_016.jpg

9931Seedlings_017.jpg

9931Seedlings_018.jpg

:lurk:

Peace

Tokabowl

Day 9

Day 9

Today is day 9, and they have had their first two 6 hour nights. Temps when lights off are in between 19C and 22C and lights on they still range between 24 and 29C. The light is now about 30cm away from the tops. Im going to try and get hold of a small ocsillating fan that can fit in there to strengthen the stems and add more airflow... They havent been watered since i gave them the water+rhyzotonic 4 days ago, think i might feed them tonight or tomorrow...

9931day9_002.jpg

Now on the plant in the bottom right hand corner we can see that the bottom two leaves have some spots of "rust" on them, here are a couple more pics:
9931day9_006.jpg

9931day9_007.jpg

9931day9_008.jpg

not great pics but theres no macro on this camera unfortunately...
Any idea what this is? I dont think it could be a pH problem coz the soil is new out the bag from 2 weeks ago and ive only watered with solutions @ pH 6.8
Theres one thing i can think of though: before i wrapped the plastic bottles with black/white sheeting, i noticed a very slight tint of green on the bottles (some sort of algae, maybe?). They had been under the light for 6 days with no wrapping...
I'm hoping now that theres no more light there it wont get worse and wont affect the plants (4 out of 7 are in these bottles).
Maybe the "rust" spots are related? Its only on 1 plant though so Im not sure...
Any input much appreciated, thanks a lot

Peace

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
by chance dose that plant get wet just before or during lights on ????
or was there wet soil on them leaves

honestly it kinda looks like some of my lower leaves if i splash fert water on them

Tokabowl

Day11

Day11

Hey Maj. thanks. Yeah I think there probably was some water on them, a couple of similar spots on other plants but only a tiny bit and only on the lower 2 single leaves so im not too worried for now...
Well I changed the timer today so theyll be in 12/12 from tomorrow (lights on at night for temp and stealth... and bills). Will feed them tonight when light comes on, they havent needed it till now.
Here are some pics:
9931day11_002.jpg

9931day11_003.jpg

9931day11_004.jpg

9931day11_005.jpg

9931day11_006.jpg

:joint:

Peace

Tokabowl

Day 13, day 2 12/12

Day 13, day 2 12/12

Hey guys,
The plants popped out the soil 13 days ago and they have been in 12/12 for 2 days. I fed them a blend of veg and bloom nutes along with cannazym and rhyzotonic and they seem to have loved it :yummy:
9931day13_001.jpg

9931day13_002.jpg

9931day13_003.jpg

9931day13_004.jpg

9931day13_005.jpg

Because of the short deadline this grow has, im considering experimenting with 18 hour days (having a 6h40min on /12h off schedule) to try and speed things up a little, the only thing that bothers me is that would mean the lights are on in the day and thats not cool for stealth reasons since i rent and do not own the place... so im not sure about it yet... would be very interesting to do though :chin: , here a some links to what im talking about:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=19911&page=1&pp=40&highlight=6h40
http://www.advancednutrientsmedical.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=9819

Until next time,
:bongsmi:

Peace

G

Hey man looking good! Seen a couple of 12/12 from seeds or just like a weeks veg and have been impressed with the results. Blunt Africa's grow in the hydro forum looked especially good.
I cant really offer an advise on the shortened days but sounds like it might help if you are in a hurry!
Good luck with your grow!
~neilspotshop

Tokabowl

Day 15 from seed, 4 days into 12/12

Day 15 from seed, 4 days into 12/12

Hi Neil
Thanks for the pointer towards Blunt Africa's thread, very good read indeed :yes:
Ive decided not to mess about with the photoperiod this time and just let things roll in 12/12, but im certain ill come around to trying the 18h day at some point...
Well here are the plants today:
9931day15_001.jpg

9931day15_002.jpg

9931day15_003.jpg

9931day15_004.jpg

9931day15_005.jpg

9931day15_006.jpg

9931day15_007.jpg

9931day15_008.jpg

On another note, I scored some nice thai weed a couple days ago, and I was lucky enough to stumble upon an intact seed (the only seed i found in the bag, actually) :woohoo: I was well surprised it wasnt cracked or broken since the bud was so compressed... Cant wait to grow it out, hope it'll be a female!

Peace

Tokabowl

Day 16 from seed, 5 days 12/12

Day 16 from seed, 5 days 12/12

Hey guys, just a quick pic update...
Was gettin a bit crowded in there so they are now in both compartments, 3 under the hps and 4 under the enviro:

9931day16_1_001.jpg

9931day16_1_002.jpg

9931day16_001.jpg

9931day16_002.jpg

9931day16_003.jpg

9931day16_004.jpg

9931day16_005.jpg

9931day16_006.jpg

9931day16_007.jpg

9931day16_008.jpg

9931day16_009.jpg

Peace

G

Hey man looking good, some fat leaves there looks like you have some serious indica in there. Is that a vapor tech of some kind up in with the fan? Just wondering how well it works?
Good luck with the grow, should see some white hairs soon!
~neilspotshop

Tokabowl

Yea those leaves are fat! I hope the indica dominance will help for the flowering time aswell.

Is that a vapor tech of some kind up in with the fan? Just wondering how well it works?

9931vaportek2.jpg

Yea its a small Vaportek, its far less expensive than the 4000 and copes well with this amount of plants. I doubt it would cover the smell of a whole room filled with plants but for definitely does the trick for 2-3 plants, it coped well enough with this last time around :yummy: :

9931CIMG0537_2.jpg

bubblegum:
993166daysflower15.JPG

993110062006_006_.jpg

The refills last about 3 months so perfect for a whole cycle, at first it makes the whole room smell like a hospital and after a while, it just doesnt smell of anything AT ALL. It probably smells less of weed in here when im growing than when im not lol

Edit - FYI: The leaf on the vaportek in the picture is from a Chronic plant, not from the bagseed...

Last edited:
G

I have a little grow too, its totally where its at. Grow your own great meds and I'll be checking in around my harvest time too in a month and see where we are at, looking nice.

I think bagseed can bring cool things, i have seen it all over the web and pot magazines.

peace

Tokabowl

Day 17 from seed, 6 days 12/12

Day 17 from seed, 6 days 12/12

Hey easy thanks for poppin in, hope u enjoy the show!
Well yesterday I had the inspiration to mod my cab... I just wasnt quite satisfied with the 2 compartments and felt it was a bit of a waste of space, and light.
So I went along and cut through the panel in the middle that seperates the two.
This way I can now fit the reflector for the envirolight, and the plants will have a better possibility to branch out a little, also the heat buildup is spread between the whole space now, so the airflow/extraction should perform better... I still plan to cut a couple additional passive intakes (and also cut the middle panel right down to the bottom, lol i didnt have the courage or the tools to finish it off properly without taking the cab apart... i did it with the saw on my penknife! :yoinks: )

Anyway here are some pics so you can see what im talking about:
9931day18_1_003.jpg

9931day18_1_001.jpg

9931day18_1_002.jpg

9931day18_002.jpg

9931day18_003.jpg

9931day18_006.jpg

9931day18_007.jpg

9931day18_008.jpg

I'm hoping they will show sex before they get too rootbound and i have to transplant them...
Now they really need to be watered so im off to do that, 1/4 strength veg and 1/2th strength bloom nutes... :wave:

Peace

Tokabowl

Day 19 from seed, 8 days 12/12

Day 19 from seed, 8 days 12/12

Just a quick pic update, they seem to be liking the extra light from the reflector and the mix of spectrums:

9931day19_001.jpg

9931day19_002.jpg

9931day19_003.jpg

9931day19_004.jpg

9931day19_005.jpg

9931day19_006.jpg

9931day19_007.jpg

9931day19_008.jpg

9931day19_009.jpg

9931day19_010.jpg

Peace