What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White mold so close to harvest

Dog Star

Veteran
Plenty to learn here. I'll have to put this in my toolbox of knowledge. I'll get some potassium bicarbonate and maybe some seeds for that horstail plant. I don't know if it's native to Spain but I'll do a guerilla grow with it since most people will probably ignore it and i can grow more of it safely and have more than enough in case I ever need it.

I've heard of people putting in pills in water then misting the plants. Can't remember which pills though...

Dog star mate I was in a pretty bad mood and the unpleasant part of me showed its unpleasant head. Some personal shit has been affecting me a lot. You were trying to help but I was still a dick to you though it was uncalled for. Sorry about that.

Now I'm getting conflicting info. Most sources say it's the humidity now Mr Threepwood here suggests dryness is the culprit. This is new to me since I have never seen any mold in dry environments. Care to expand on your affirmation sir?

No problemo Gantz... man i understand you totaly since i also
know to be affected by life and know to feel anxious,then this
translate to realtionships easily in negative way..

Horstail actually have same action like potasium-bicarbonate,you
exchange ph of a leaf-stem surface,made her more alcalic and then
PM dissapear cause she cant grow on this kind of medium.

In Horstail there is a plenty natural Sulphor and Silica,you could
also use it as nute compound to add more natural silicates to
made your plants sturdier but never add it if you made seeds
cause your seeds will have problems to pop,made shells of seeds
ultra fat and strong so embrio cant pop them and cant go out..

Its a organic trick,biodynamic agriculture use it by defoult,its totaly
healthy way of removing fungus like PM,can prevent Botrytis and
other funghal pathogens..

Wish only best

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
I have considered lemon juice and 2 sponges and wiping each and every leaf.... but in the end I went for a weak vinegar and water mix misting and when that didn't work I took off most of the leaves.

Today however I saw that it refused to die and that it infected one more of my autos. My last regular was fine and it had another week to go.... But I decided to chop them all and hang them to dry.

So... Yeah... Harvest complete.
Cheers guys!

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now I'm getting conflicting info. Most sources say it's the humidity now Mr Threepwood here suggests dryness is the culprit. This is new to me since I have never seen any mold in dry environments. Care to expand on your affirmation sir?

My sources are not in English language but every serious gardening site in my area I have been visiting clearly says it's a dry weather thing. Also this year we have the driest summer since ever and I'm seeing powdery mildew outdoor on plants I never saw it before. Indoors not so. However I saw it last year too when I watered my outdoor garden too much, which took to the inside too. So dry weather alone may not be alone the cause. But from an agricultural point of view the experts in my country say dry weather thingy, promoted also by high temperature swings between day and night. I may add, I also suspect constant overwatering as one of the possible causes. And insects.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok i have found some additional causes:
+Overfeeding with nitrogen
+Not enough potassium
+Formation of dew in the morning
+Growing best in warm temps and humidity of 70- 80%
+Spreads best when humidity is low (Agent Pothead was right)
+Too many plants per sqm

Last edited:

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have considered lemon juice and 2 sponges and wiping each and every leaf....

Clearly the wrong idea. You should have increased the ph on the leaf surface with baking soda or potassium bicarbonate instead of lowering with acids. It helps a few days.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
I see. Well I didn't use it in the end because I decided to harvest all of them today. And a good thing too because in the evening we had some rain and I expect to have more in the following days. I don't know about you but the combination of cold nights, humidity and white powdery mildew is not the best.