Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Peak Seeds Northern Lights

Thread Title Search
Peak Seeds Northern Lights Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2018, 01:43 AM #31
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Hold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Nice. I've got 3, 8 foot females in flower right now. Hoping they turn out well.
Great genetics for sure.
8 footers!!!
Big yield coming you way.
Good luck with them!
Hold Your Fire is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:39 PM #32
Robbie vapez

Robbie vapez will become famous soon enough
I had an awesome cut for a few years. As mentioned, it needs a long cure
Robbie vapez is online now Quote

Old 09-26-2018, 05:40 PM #33
Robbie vapez

I had an awesome cut of Mike's NL. As already mentioned it needs a long cure

Old 09-26-2018, 07:00 PM #34
SandyFantasyman

SandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie vapez View Post
I had an awesome cut of Mike's NL. As already mentioned it needs a long cure
I questioned the 'needs' a long cure when I first read it, but after harvesting a PSBCNL, I'm becoming a believer. The stash was low, so it was consumed with only a very short time in the jars. It may be just the pheno, but while the effect was good, there was very little smell or taste. What aroma there was smelled earthy, not at all what I expect from NL.

A little more PSBC chatter:
I'm keeping a bonsai mom of MikeJ's SSxC99 that I absolutely love. It is frosty, potent, tasty, uplifting/giggly, and this pheno is done in 60 days. I usually give it at least 9 weeks, but it's not needed.
I have 2 more bonsai plants that I hope will become moms. The first is a NB. A couple clones have just rooted, so I'll know shortly if she lives or he dies.
There is also a PSBC Blueberry bonsai that just gave up a couple cuts. I'm really hoping this one is a girl. The only other female of this strain that I've flowered produced what may be the most powerful indica bud I've ever smoked.

The SSxC99 is one of the prettiest plants I've grown. Nothing fancy, no brilliant colours, just a beautiful example of cannabis sativa. The BB on the other hand, like the last one, is ugly as hell. You know what they say about ugly girls, though. ;-)
SandyFantasyman is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:15 PM #35
green-genes77

green-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen-genes77 is a glorious beacon of light
Valuable peek into a line I've been interested in for at least a decade. Thanks.
green-genes77 is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2018, 03:44 PM #36
Robbie vapez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyFantasyman View Post
I questioned the 'needs' a long cure when I first read it, but after harvesting a PSBCNL, I'm becoming a believer. The stash was low, so it was consumed with only a very short time in the jars. It may be just the pheno, but while the effect was good, there was very little smell or taste. What aroma there was smelled earthy, not at all what I expect from NL.

A little more PSBC chatter:
I'm keeping a bonsai mom of MikeJ's SSxC99 that I absolutely love. It is frosty, potent, tasty, uplifting/giggly, and this pheno is done in 60 days. I usually give it at least 9 weeks, but it's not needed.
I have 2 more bonsai plants that I hope will become moms. The first is a NB. A couple clones have just rooted, so I'll know shortly if she lives or he dies.
There is also a PSBC Blueberry bonsai that just gave up a couple cuts. I'm really hoping this one is a girl. The only other female of this strain that I've flowered produced what may be the most powerful indica bud I've ever smoked.

The SSxC99 is one of the prettiest plants I've grown. Nothing fancy, no brilliant colours, just a beautiful example of cannabis sativa. The BB on the other hand, like the last one, is ugly as hell. You know what they say about ugly girls, though. ;-)
Good stuff Sandy.
I had a NL cut from Mike a long time ago. I used to have jars go 18 mths curing and it definitely improved taste and smell dramatically as well a decent bump in potency. I just got most of his seeds lately and really looking forward to SB, NS and SSxC99

Old 10-04-2018, 05:23 PM #37
SandyFantasyman

SandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie vapez View Post
Good stuff Sandy.
I had a NL cut from Mike a long time ago. I used to have jars go 18 mths curing and it definitely improved taste and smell dramatically as well a decent bump in potency. I just got most of his seeds lately and really looking forward to SB, NS and SSxC99
The only PSBC gear I've run that I wasn't really impressed with was his Kush x Blueberry. Per the website, he's still working the line, so it's not a surprise that not every pheno will be a winner.

I have one more of Mike's strains in flower right now. I had a little bit of free space, and I wanted to have a look at his Sweet Skunk, so I popped one bean. What a strange plant.
He suggest flowering at 14 days for manageable height. I flipped at d17 from sprout when it was maybe 5 inches tall. It didn't show sex until the end of week 4 of flowering. Now, on day 63f, she's about 3 ft(edit 26" tall, posted from memory with lights out, corrected when I took a look and realized I was inaccurate) with one big bud on top, a few small buds along the stalk and two flowering branches waaay down at the bottom, and not looking close to finishing. I'm really looking forward to the final results, whenever that might be.

Last edited by SandyFantasyman; 10-04-2018 at 07:51 PM..
SandyFantasyman is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2018, 11:59 PM #38
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
I have been growing Peak's stuff exclusively for over 10 years. I think I've grown most of his strains. I think my first was a Blueberry which I got by accident out of a mix seed batch. It was my first buy from him and just testing the waters. Fickle bitch, but oh so yummy.

My favorite actually had to be his Sweet Skunk. Kind of ugly but a huge yielder and packed a good wallop. Way more a stony high than a couch locker.

The reason for my exclusivity is that I am very prone to stick with whatever works. My GF will attest to that. I'm sure my high degree of that frustrates her. But MJ's business model is top notch and he even states such on the site web page.

So I have grown out Sweet Skunk a number of times. I am growing out some SS x C99 right now. But be forewarned. That SS takes forever to finish. I have had it go 17 weeks and show just a little amber. But believe me, the rewards are worth the wait.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 10-06-2018, 08:43 PM #39
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaver View Post
I have been growing Peak's stuff exclusively for over 10 years. I think I've grown most of his strains. I think my first was a Blueberry which I got by accident out of a mix seed batch. It was my first buy from him and just testing the waters. Fickle bitch, but oh so yummy.

My favorite actually had to be his Sweet Skunk. Kind of ugly but a huge yielder and packed a good wallop. Way more a stony high than a couch locker.

The reason for my exclusivity is that I am very prone to stick with whatever works. My GF will attest to that. I'm sure my high degree of that frustrates her. But MJ's business model is top notch and he even states such on the site web page.

So I have grown out Sweet Skunk a number of times. I am growing out some SS x C99 right now. But be forewarned. That SS takes forever to finish. I have had it go 17 weeks and show just a little amber. But believe me, the rewards are worth the wait.
Have you grown out his texada crosses?
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 10-07-2018, 05:54 PM #40
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
Nope. Bought some. Just haven't tried it...yet. I'm curious though. I will. What is Texada supposed to be? Isn't it Sativa dominate?

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote