Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Peak Seeds Northern Lights

Thread Title Search
Peak Seeds Northern Lights Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2018, 08:43 AM #21
Dr. Frankenseed

Dr. Frankenseed will become famous soon enough
One bit of advice.....Northern Lights or anything crossed with it needs a good cure. I mean 2 or 3 months. Also, take it to 10 weeks and then chop. I have never grown Peaks NL but, I had a clone of the original NL#5....and when I tried it after a short cure, it was short with no bite.....but after a looooong cure, it was devastating. I mean to the point of making seasoned smokers pass out.
Dr. Frankenseed is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:46 AM #22
Old Fogey

Old Fogey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyFantasyman View Post
Only popped a couple and they grew balls. :( One was especially vigorous and smelly...
Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to mention the smell.

Pheno 1 as described in my post above was the loudest plant in the grow by a big margin and on its own demanded a carbon scrubber where I've managed without one in several past grows.

I was seeking low odor strains which is what led me to Peak Seeds in the first place but this very desirable pheno of Mike's Northern Lights is almost is stinky as it is pleasant to smoke. 9 out of 10 for sure.

Pheno 2 as described above had close to zero odor to go with close to zero potency.

To identify Pheno 1 in veg/pre-sexing I suggest making selections based on the level of stinkiness when the plant is rubbed or otherwise disturbed.

Peace
Old Fogey is offline Quote

Old 01-26-2018, 09:04 AM #23
Old Fogey

Old Fogey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyFantasyman View Post
I also have three KB that I 12/12'd till they showed female and I'm currently waiting until they are well re-established in veg state before deciding which to finish and which if any to try as a mom for a round or two. (No room in flower tent, hence re-vegging all 3)
I didn't like Mike's Kush Berry and it suffers badly in comparison to his Kush NL, which is a very good plant.

I found 2 phenos in the KB.

Green Pheno is compact but branchy. A very good yielder, interesting flavours and great bag appeal but I didn't like the high at all. It was certainly racy and I seem to recall it being muddled with a messy finish. Anyway, I didn't like it.

Purple Pheno is a single cola type with good yield but very average potency and effects and was not close to being a keeper.

I had 2 packs left and I gave them away to a friend for use in an outdoor guerilla grow, it's the only Peak strain I don't rate highly.

Peace
Old Fogey is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:07 PM #24
Hobbyist

Hobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the roughHobbyist is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Frankenseed View Post
One bit of advice.....Northern Lights or anything crossed with it needs a good cure. I mean 2 or 3 months. Also, take it to 10 weeks and then chop. I have never grown Peaks NL but, I had a clone of the original NL#5....and when I tried it after a short cure, it was short with no bite.....but after a looooong cure, it was devastating. I mean to the point of making seasoned smokers pass out.
thanks for the tip man.
Hobbyist is offline Quote

Old 08-21-2018, 12:36 AM #25
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Hold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivor
Day 62 of 12/12

Hold Your Fire is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:37 AM #26
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Hold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivor

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:38 AM #27
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Grown in pro mix and worm castings using Roots Organics nutes.

3 phenos brought outside for pics.

Clones were taken.

Keeping 2 phenos for sure.

May keep all 3...

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:29 AM #28
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Those Peaks NL Hold Your Fire?
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 08-21-2018, 12:21 PM #29
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Yes

Old 08-21-2018, 11:18 PM #30
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Nice. I've got 3, 8 foot females in flower right now. Hoping they turn out well.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.