What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

###1200w 3x6 E&F Smart Pot Grow###

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Probably like most growers he figured out what a pain in the ass it can be growing a lot of small plants, moving around 10 light bulbs, and getting average results. Not to say his were bad, but like many of us that started small you really see a difference when you can scale the lights and room up.

Not to mention dunking 30 plants in a bucket every day is just another big PITA.

Hey Thunder, how many different nutrient products have you used in the past two years? Seems to me every time I read a new thread of yours you use a different line.

I think you are addicted to nutrient lines! j/k

And I don't see how you won't get 2 oz's per, shouldn't be a problem.

EXACTLY!!!

As for nutrients LOL shit I've tried em all damn near hahaha only reason I was switching so much is cuz I'm a poor lil fucker and was getting sample boxes of whole lines which were getting me through my smaller runs. Then I got my House and Garden samples and couldn't switch back to nothing else after seeing how healthy it had multiple strains at the same dose.

Nicoli

Veteran
Great lookin canopy and grow there thunderkel. Joining you on the HID darkside soon.

:D

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Alright so it's all up hangin now and half is trimmed already, but when I started to trim on the Sugar Cane Kush I felt I was ruining the way it could've looked cuz the sugar leaves are WAY TOO covered to just remove completely so I'm doing my other way of trimming after it's been hanging for 2-3 days so I can make sure it comes out as pretty as I want it to be...

So nice to know my Mom and I wont be buying meds from the clubs for while!!! If at all ever again!

attachment.php

attachment.php

4 whole lines!!! My lil DR80 with the 400w HPS NEVER even gave me a full line!!! I think I did pretty damn good this time :jump:

Attachments

• Hangin Out To Dry 007.jpg
    Hangin Out To Dry 007.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Hangin Out To Dry 014.jpg
    Hangin Out To Dry 014.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 10
  • Hangin Out To Dry 011.jpg
    Hangin Out To Dry 011.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I'm SO proud of my dog too ever since I started trimming on Monday he's been on straight guard dog mode anytime somebody walked by the house he got vicious at the door! Good ass Pit Bull he is cuz he is SO lovable but knows when it's time rip the shit outta somebody that don't belong ...

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
lokking good, thats a big stack you got there, the yeild looks big, and the quality must be up there, congratz bro!!
ps: RUN DMC power!

zbenjii

Don't mean to be a pest, but you are in a unique position in that you have some good experience growing both dr. bud method and standard hps method with coco.

I was wondering what your thoughts would be on a 2 ideas.

1. Automated or semi-automated dr. bud method using a water pump and some way to hold down all the bottles. That is being able to water all plants at once. Possibly a ebb and flow type system.

2. a coco-soil mix using a passive bottom feeding to be able to water less often. Have holes at the bottom of the container and the evaporation exiting the bottle through the top would suck water from the holes in the bottom. Also, I've read that having a coco soil mix allows more leniency on over-watering while not having to worry about the complexity of ph and nutrient deficiencies/lockouts associated with coco.

Super.Seeds

ICMag Donor
Great pull! Sugar Kane Kush sounds tasty! Congrats on the premium meds for you and your mom! Love to see people rocking tents! I have a GL145L tent and LOVE it! Currently do 2 600s and 2 2x4 trays. Nice setup you have there!

How do you like the smart pots? I'm looking at them and Aurora's Root pots. Looking for 2 gallon size and want them to be durable and reusable.

I also see that you went with H&G aqua flakes with additives...Which ones if you don't mind me asking? The whole line? And why not Canna? Have you used them before? I ask because I am making the switch from Pure Blend Pro. I run 2x4 E&F tables with 70/30 coco/perlite also. Thanks!!

SS

Last edited:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am so glad that my Sugar Cane Kush shined through for you once again. It really seems to love how you grow, even with the small issue in the beginning you can see in your progression pictures just how much it over shadowed the other strains the entire grow. You have it dialed in for sure.

And remember some people questioned me using you as a tester for the strain. Way to go buddy. Excellent grow. Proud you run my genetics.

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Nice finish man. It always feels good when it's all hanging and drying. Great work.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Alright so it's all up hangin now and half is trimmed already, but when I started to trim on the Sugar Cane Kush I felt I was ruining the way it could've looked cuz the sugar leaves are WAY TOO covered to just remove completely so I'm doing my other way of trimming after it's been hanging for 2-3 days so I can make sure it comes out as pretty as I want it to be...

So nice to know my Mom and I wont be buying meds from the clubs for while!!! If at all ever again!

attachment.php

attachment.php

4 whole lines!!! My lil DR80 with the 400w HPS NEVER even gave me a full line!!! I think I did pretty damn good this time :jump:

Holy canole man! What a great looking grow! You make my head spin...

mgk:toohot:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks I can't wait to see how I do with CES 3 part and Kool Bloom liquid and Powder cuz I think I'll get a better yield out of it...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Pound and a half so I'm short a pound of what I want to yield haha I'm actually going to stick with Aqua Flakes for my base nutes and use different PK boosters. What I've been thinking of doing was just hitting them in weeks 3,5 and 7 with Kool Bloom Powder sorta like the Rezipe with H&G as my base instead of the 6/9 mix with GH...

bobblehead

Veteran
You should check the mineral contents of GH compared to H&G. Not saying it wouldn't work, but from what I hear they're pretty different. Why not finish up the H&G and try GH? I got about the same yield off my 1200w, running the REZipe. The differences this time will be bigger plants, more of them, and gro-pots. With the fat colas SCK produces, I know you'll hit your mark soon...

Zendo

How do you like the smart pots? I'm looking at them and Aurora's Root pots. Looking for 2 gallon size and want them to be durable and reusable.

SS

Not my thread, but I've used both the smart pots, and Aurora's root pots side by side, and saw no difference in any aspect of the grow. The 'root pots' from Aurora were a little cheaper in cost, and are made from 100% recycled materials, so I always recommend using those. Both brands produced some great meds, and root ball/yields were impressive.

hth

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Here's some plant shots of the last grow and I should be starting my next round soon which is going to be half Jolly Grapes(Urkle x CT) and half Strawberry Diesel . I'm using Aqua Flakes as my base and then I'm gonna use Bud Candy and Powdered Kool Bloom and Kanga Roots.

So up first is the Jolly Grapes (Urkle x Afgooey x Sour D IBL) this pheno is super Urkle dominant and I'd like to see it fully purple this next run cuz the smell is just amazing!Those who have smoked it have loved it as much as me and can't keep their nose outta their jars!! Oh and by the way she's potent take your breath away lung expanding madness at 8 weeks so 9 with a good fade will be incredible...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here we have the Sugar Cane Kush which is also really nice but to be honest I think I like the Jolly Grapes more but that's just cuz the smell really is like grape jolly rancher type grape and the Sugar Cane Kush has this muskiness to it which is nice but I'm a fruit scent fan. The SCK has a grape gum like smell but the musk has come out more in the cure but it's still a favorite of everything I've grown so far in my career.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So that's what it looked like before I chopped em all down hope you guys and gals have enjoyed and maybe learned a thing or two along the way. I've come a long way from my lil micro grows and I owe it all to the great people here at IC so thanks to all who have helped me get here...:tiphat: :thank you: :tiphat:

Attachments

• 8 weeks flowering 028.jpg
    8 weeks flowering 028.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 8 weeks flowering 029.jpg
    8 weeks flowering 029.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 8 weeks flowering 017.jpg
    8 weeks flowering 017.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 8 weeks flowering 022.jpg
    8 weeks flowering 022.jpg