What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

###1200w 3x6 E&F Smart Pot Grow###

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea you read that right!!!! I'm finally upgrading and going bigger and will be shutting down the CFL cab for good!!! Exciting times my friends I'm fucking stoked I must say hahaha :dance013: So yea I'm going to run either 3 400's or 2 600's I'm not sure yet on that but I'm getting a Grow Lab GL120L and a 3x6 table with a 75gal res!!! Going to run 2gal Smart Pots of Gold Label Coco mixed with perlite 70/30 coco/perlite :dance013: H&G Aqua Flakes of course and additives and this time I'm also getting a Small Boy filter for my water so it'll be perfect!!! I will be setting up next week just thought I'd get a jump on the thread :tiphat:

TemptedSoul

I'll be checkin in periodically!!!!!!!! I have been thinking of doing this almost exactly for awhile now! only with botanicare coco and nova. and probably perpetual!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Nice do it I know I can't wait!! So I hear 75gal res is a bit much for a 3x6 table?? What do you all think cuz my buddy said to go 75 and I'd have more lee way and with a 50 I'd be topping it off every day pretty much. I'm new to having a res and shit so all help is welcome haha..

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Should be fun to watch Thundurkel. I'd be stoked too. I'm a big fan of the 400 and 600's. Also 75 gallon will do you nice on that table. That's what I ran on mine.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I want to have as much room as possible but if I could do a 50gal with no problems than I will just waiting to see what more folks say... I'm also still not sure about the lighting either if I should do 3 400's or would I have better penitration with the 2 600's?? Also how many plants in 1 or 2 gal Smart Pots can I fit in a 3x6 tray?

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you may have to top off the rez a day or 2 each week (if you change your rez each week) using the 50g + 3x6... maybe 5g per top up... x2 per week is 10g (thats what i had to do using 1ks)... you might not need to top up as much though with running the 4s or 6s (less heat/evaporation).

if you used the 75 you'd be using a little bit more nutes than maybe what youre gonna need. but.... something to think about is if you went with the 75 you dont HAVE to fill it all the way up...

the 70/75g res is pretty big and that is a LOT of water... like a fucking jacuzzi - especially if you pummp up the airstones lol
not that a 50g is simply water droplets...

also, remember the more plants/containers you have on the table the less water you'll need to fill it up...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I'm thinking of doing just a recirculating drip system on the 3x6 table with a 40gal res would I be good with this??? Since I'm not needing to fill the table up I don't need a huge res right? I ask cuz that's what they have set up at the shop by my house is a Botanicare 3x6 table with a 40gal res and it's a recirculating drip system. I was thinking 15 plants in 2gal Smart Pots what do you guys and gals think?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Also trying to figure out what hood's to go with cuz I'm on a bit of a budget like $2000 MAX!!! So I already have one Daystar AC but I've been looking at the Sunspot 6's should I get two of those and sell my Daystar with my DR80 or just get another Daystar?

E

el Dream Reader

Upgrade time is good times :) Mad props to you erkel, I've been following your threads since you first came to ic (I was going by another name, security prob caused change). It's cool to see your growing strong :D
I'm assuming your going to stay with coco as a medium? If so I'd recommend a drip to waste system so you don't have to bother with trying to keep the solution stable over the course of a week between res changes. Fresh nutes with each watering is always best, you can have one res for feed and one for waste.
As for lighting I'd run two 600's in that space with hoods that will spread the light correctly, look for how far the reflector spreads light at the height the canopy will be at according to the distance from plants. In other words you want the reflector to cover the entire tent at the proper height above the canopy. I like hydrofarm radiant reflectors for my situation.
Also each ballast will take considerable amperage from a single circuit especially when the water pump and fans kick on. You might want to run one of the ballast's power from a different circuit, punch a hole through a wall and plug the cord in there. You can tell which circuit the power outlets are on by having a regular fan or room lamp turned on in each room and start switching the circuit breakers off one at a time. Overloaded circuits can cause a fire.
I'm looking forward to watching you next grows, I'll bet they are stellar! :ying:

marysue2324

Hey thunderurkle, I have been reading your past grows and i am extremely impressed with everything you have done. I have a question, I plan on doing a 90 day cycle in soil and hand watering, and was wondering which size you would recommend the 2.4g or 3.4g Air-pots? thanks

bobblehead

Veteran
From personal experience, go with the two 600's. Much better penetration. 400's just don't compare. I'm running lumatek ballasts with USHIO lamps, and the 600w ballast is dimmable to 400w! I strongly recommend this setup.

TeaHateSea

Yea you read that right!!!! I'm finally upgrading and going bigger and will be shutting down the CFL cab for good!!! Exciting times my friends I'm fucking stoked I must say hahaha :dance013: So yea I'm going to run either 3 400's or 2 600's I'm not sure yet on that but I'm getting a Grow Lab GL120L and a 3x6 table with a 75gal res!!! Going to run 2gal Smart Pots of Gold Label Coco mixed with perlite 70/30 coco/perlite :dance013: H&G Aqua Flakes of course and additives and this time I'm also getting a Small Boy filter for my water so it'll be perfect!!! I will be setting up next week just thought I'd get a jump on the thread :tiphat:

Damn! I've lurked your grows for a long time thought I would pop in and say congratulations. I can't wait to see what you turn out under 1000+ watts.

Take bobbleheads advice and run 2 600's. One of my friends is running a similar setup and the only downside is that we no longer have fluffy popcorn buds to sacrifice for bubble......oh well.:)

bobblehead

Veteran
Nice do it I know I can't wait!! So I hear 75gal res is a bit much for a 3x6 table?? What do you all think cuz my buddy said to go 75 and I'd have more lee way and with a 50 I'd be topping it off every day pretty much. I'm new to having a res and shit so all help is welcome haha..

I don't think you're reservoir can be too big, only too small... ha ha... Just don't overfill it and have to waste nutes toward the end, right?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I don't think you're reservoir can be too big, only too small... ha ha... Just don't overfill it and have to waste nutes toward the end, right?

Ok so I decided to go with a recirculating drip system with Active Aqua 3x6 table and matching 50gal res with lid!!! The black ones that look so sexy ya know? I also went with 2 Phantom 600w Digital Ballasts, Daystar hoods,Plantmax bulbs.. Then for air I decided to go with Active Air 6" 400cfm inline fan and a Can33 filter, also going to use my 4" Vortex for my intake!! The ONLY thing I didn't get was a dehumidifier but my ac blows so fucking hard and cold downstairs my girls are going to be LOVING IT!!! It's nice to know I'm finally going to have a harvest big enough to last me through to the next one! I keep running out of meds and have trouble sleeping and eating... So yea I'll be setting up soon and then the show will be quite fun but until then here's a sneak peak...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I'm so stoked to have brand name digital ballasts and these bitches are bad ass! The thing I really like is the dimming function so my young clones don't get fried going from fluoros to full blown hid.

Attachments

• Phantom 600w Ballasts 003.jpg
    Phantom 600w Ballasts 003.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Phantom 600w Ballasts 005.jpg
    Phantom 600w Ballasts 005.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 10

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok folks it's been a long time a comin haha finally lil of Thundurkel is playin with the big boys (sorta haha) I'm all setup and just need to set up my drip system and get clones ready and it's on muthafucka!!!! I'm soooooooo stoked! I'm doin 10 Magic Merlin and 5 Sugar Cane Kush so should be a good run. What I'm shooting for is 1.5 oz per plant but really hoping to get 2 or better under 1200w and fed 3x a day that should be very possible is everything goes right but I'm not perfect so I'm not counting on the 2 per plant.. Anyway enough yappin here's another sneak peak into my new garden....

attachment.php

sexy isn't it???

Attachments

• The Setup 006.jpg
    The Setup 006.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 7

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
subscribed, i love your cab and floro setups, this should be awesome! good luck bro

ArcticBlast

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok so I know I've gone back and forth with this but today I drilled my holes and put in my drain and over flow to make my setup a flood and drain system!! Fuck a bunch of drip lines to mess with and I got smart pots so it would've be dumb to do drip system. So I'm doing 18 1gal smart pots with a 3x6 table and 50gal res woooooooooohoooooooooooo! I'm all setup nutes mixed I just have to transplant the clones I have ready and start veggin them and then toss the ones I cut the other day in once they are rooted and get my table full! Right now I have 11 plants to put in there, be back with pics later...