What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w Freezer grow THaze x Skunk

SoEx

FreezerBoy said:
D'oh! My secret's out. The space between layers is just enough to make my jigsaw unusable. If I ever have to do this again, I may invest in a Saws All.

Glad to see your stealth cat hasn't eaten you in your sleep. Speaking of which, I hope you're keeping the beast away from your babies. Most animals don't like to eat weed but it takes them a bite or two to figure that out and, at this stage, one bite is all it takes.

:wave:

Your prediction was spot on -_-

I thought I had sealed things up well enough, but that whore found a way to one of my seedlings and uprooted it completely.

Oh well :)

D

Don Cotyle

Yo Freezerboy, Excellent stealth cab ya got there!!!Props!!! Glad I stumbled into your grow!!

Listen To Lil WaynE and 12/12 yesterday:jump: I got em going and at 41 days flowering they have hit the cealing...5',topped at 8" and went into flowering, still 30 days till I can get the Orange Diesal harvested to make room for em. Tomorrow I've got to cut the pots and drop em to the bottom of the rez tank.

You can always pull that fast freeze shelf out;).Ya might want to drill some 1/64" holes along the side walls to put tea cup hooks in to tie Wilma and Betty to the sides and back if height becomes a problem, then you can remove the hood and hang your lamp down in the center...it should keep em out of the HOT zone. Been there done that!

Good Luck and stay safe! Don:joint:

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
bigdaredevil418 said:
what does it mean :
scrog
lst
LST=Low Stress Training
Scrog=Screen of Green, a form of LST, a variation on SOG
SOG=Sea of Green

All 3 are means of creating an even canopy of buds so that they all get the same amount of light. The main growing tip sends a hormone to the rest of the plant that says, "Get behind me and stay there," and the rest of the plant obeys. BUT, bend the tip over, the signal gets screwed up and every shoot on the plant decides, "I'm the boss now, I'll grow as much as I want," and they ALL take off.

LST is simply bending the tip and tying it down and, when the others take off, tie them down too, which makes everything grow all the more.

Scrog is LST with a screen (chicken wire or similar) about 6-12 inches above your pot. Anything grows through the screen, push it back under and tie it. Fill half your screen and switch to 12/12 and let the pre flower stretch fill the remainder. When the buds start forming, these are allowed to grow through and above the screen. This gives you a flat plain of buds all equidistant from the light rather than a tree with some buds 6 inches away and others 6 feet.

A collection of Scrog links
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=24013
A great collection of links in General
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40637

FreezerBoy

Veteran
SoEx said:
Your prediction was spot on -_-

I thought I had sealed things up well enough, but that whore found a way to one of my seedlings and uprooted it completely.

Oh well :)
DUDE! You're breaking my heart. That's two you've lost now? :badday:

Bad Kitty, bad. :spank:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Don Cotyle said:
Yo Freezerboy, Excellent stealth cab ya got there!!!Props!!! Glad I stumbled into your grow!!

Listen To Lil WaynE and 12/12 yesterday:jump: I got em going and at 41 days flowering they have hit the cealing...5',topped at 8" and went into flowering, still 30 days till I can get the Orange Diesal harvested to make room for em. Tomorrow I've got to cut the pots and drop em to the bottom of the rez tank.

You can always pull that fast freeze shelf out;).Ya might want to drill some 1/64" holes along the side walls to put tea cup hooks in to tie Wilma and Betty to the sides and back if height becomes a problem, then you can remove the hood and hang your lamp down in the center...it should keep em out of the HOT zone. Been there done that!

Good Luck and stay safe! Don:joint:

Thanks for watching out for me. I flipped to 12/12 a couple of days ago. At 16 and 17 days of age and 2 inches tall, I'm hoping that a Scrog will see me through though I'm probably being hopelessly naive.

There are a dozen shelf support tabs in the freezer. I think I can string wire between them and tie down to those but I'll definately keep the cup hooks in mind. Little holes like 1/64 I can handle, It's the big holes going all the way through that put up a fight. Shed's a tough old bird.

Are you suggesting I try hanging my bulb vertically? I'm fascinated by the idea of vertical Scrog (three larger planes instead of one small) but, I've just switched from HPS to CMH which are orientation specific. The horizontal bulb I have will "work" vertically but with a shorter life span. I don't know if there are any dangers involved, like exploding bulbs. I'll have to back through the CMH thread and see if that's been discussed.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
irishSoCo said:
looks good! ill be poppin back in :)
Whoa. Don't scare me like that :) You snuck in while I was typing replies.

Thanks for stopping in. I need all the support I can get.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
T minus 116:12:54:25 and counting.

Here's the newest addition to Shed's Bag O Tricks. A fan isolation box made from an ice cooler. Unfortunately I forgot my 7P's (Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance) Had I placed the intake on the same side as the exhaust, I could place it on top the freezer with the hoses both to the back. That's what you get when you mix power tools with the flu.

The muffler and speed controller did wonders but, not enough. The isolation box almost gets the sound level back to where it was before I added the new fan. While it was never actually silent, it was virtually silent as the hum of the ballast and axial fan seemed so appropriate for an old freezer. Now it sounds like a freezer on it's last legs but, I think it will pass.

This weekend, I'll reroute the cooler intake to the same side as the exhaust and plug the hole in the end. Maybe try some insulated duct cut to shorter custom lengths (turns out I misunderstood "insulated" all I have is lined duct) At least the panic is now over. :muahaha:

So, Here's the girls in the cab

A few new shots of Betty. I keep forgetting to add an item for scale. They're in 5" pots (127mm) if that helps and both about 2 inches tall (51mm)

Wilma's really caught up and her spread is actually a little wider than her "big" sister.

To date, they've been in extremely diluted nutes. Now that I have roots, I'll start feeding them for real.

:wave:

Last edited:
D

Don Cotyle

What's that cooler do in the 1/4 mile??? :muahaha:

Another inexpensive way to build a sound sppressr is to take a length of pvc pipe and use pipe hanger to clamp it vertically to the back of the freezer(stealth) 2-3' should do it.Add a step up section on the inlet end to fit your hose. Put 4" of steel wool to the bottom or pickup end. Cut 4 or 5 tennis balls in half and drill 2, 1/4" holes in the top. Slide a half convex side faceing towards the outlet, repeat filling the tube. Put an end cap on her with 4 to 6, 1/4" holes in the cap. That will make it almost silent!!! Works well on a .45 too...did I say that out loud :bashhead:

Wilma and Betty are looking good. In 30 days ya might see some pistils :nono:

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Don Cotyle said:
What's that cooler do in the 1/4 mile??? :muahaha:
0 to 20% THC in 120 days flat!

Are you serious about that tennis ball stuff? I'm coming off the flu and thinking hurts my brain right now. I'm having a hard time visualising your description but, there's still much room for improvement in my sound situation.

30 days to first flowers? eep. Thanks for the heads up.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Does root rot rinse right off?

Does root rot rinse right off?

T - Minus 114:20:23:46

Well THIS is not amusing.

Less than 24 hours ago, Wilma's roots looked like this

And today

:nono: I dunked her roots into a clean ph adjusted bucket of fresh water. Half a dozen dunks, carefully separate roots from each other and another half dozen dunks. Now they're clean again. I'm thinking root rot would be more tenacious. Hopefully this is just sediment run off from the Hydrotron.

Topside, she seems happy, if a bit pale. Then again, she's only recently been getting real levels of food. Using the transition from veg to flowr formula at half strength, 1 teaspoon per gallon (as opposed to the 2 tsp per gallon recommended on the bottle) of GH Flora Micro and Flora Bloom. No Flora Grow.

Every day is an adventure

Elemental

ORGANIC its my WAY/KUSH AFICIONADO/FULL MELT gran'
Veteran
hi Freezer Boy im growing your same Genetic from Sam...

i like it :D

your fridge's project its one of the best ever :headbange :headbange

have a good time

:wave: :wave:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Elemental said:
hi Freezer Boy im growing your same Genetic from Sam...

i like it :D

your fridge's project its one of the best ever :headbange :headbange

have a good time

dude, you should probably start flowering now... im telling you, these things stretch and stretch and stretch...

freezerboy, sorry about the root rot bro... you should be able to take care of it though....

Elemental

ORGANIC its my WAY/KUSH AFICIONADO/FULL MELT gran'
Veteran
LiLWaynE said:
dude, you should probably start flowering now... im telling you, these things stretch and stretch and stretch...

hi body :wave:

hell yes i hv switched to 12/12 just today!!

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Elemental, Thanks for looking in and way to take Mr Waynes advice. He's been a gaurdian angel to me. Good luck with your grow.

Thanks Lil Wayne, again.

D

Don Cotyle

How are their roots looking today? Hope that rinse took care of the problem!

The sound suppresser I was talking about works! Basically you stack layers of steel wool and tennis ball halfs in the PVC tube as described, this breaks down the airflow into "chambers" and will signifantly redude your fan noise at the exhaust point.

Hope those sweet little girls don't turn on ya

if they do they'll do a little LST on their own

There's still time to turn back!!! Just kidding :)

and for all your effort here's what you can expect at almost 50 days flowering

:muahaha: but I hear the wait is worth it!!!

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Gee, we have our own little skunk factory going here don't we. We need a club jacket for the "Little Stinkers."

T-Minus 113:20:45:04

Just enough time today to report on Wilma's roots. They're not pure white but, clean.